• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some new haircuts

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I would like to request some new hair styles for the uo store. Or maybe a deco set for 12 dollars. Call it the barbershop expansion , complete with barber pole ,chair, shave kit , broom , whatever gives us an option besides clown looking hair that we currently have to choose from.

Borrow from these things below for inspiration

Vikings
Lord of the rings
Conan
Skyrim
Etc...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
dentist/doctor office how many times do you hear someone shouting their teeth hurt, need a chair for sure, old days the barber was the nearest thing to a dentist, we would need tools also for that

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Who cares about the hair I been wearing the same underwear for 24 years I say for the 25th year token we get a new set.
EC users can get new underwear, if you visit the body sculptor
(CC users can't get these or see them)

1636496025904.png
this is my favorite
Body Sculpture – Ultima Online (uo.com)
(you can click the images on that page to view them bigger)

these really need to be used and seen by both clients

Attachments

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
dentist/doctor office how many times do you hear someone shouting their teeth hurt, need a chair for sure, old days the barber was the nearest thing to a dentist, we would need tools also for that
they need to make a "dentist on a shelf"
(click it to remove tooth ache message)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Who cares about the hair I been wearing the same underwear for 24 years I say for the 25th year token we get a new set.
Bright red long undies? Dyable of course - using natural dyes or the standard NPC dyes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally have always wanted a broom... what would be really nice is if you could mount it... which would be fun... but you know... just a nice broom to sit by the door so it looks like I take care of my place...

I still want a house pet. I would like to be able to go out in the wild with some sort of clickable object that will "target" what I want as a pet... be it a spider, a cat, a dog-o, a tiger, whatnot... and then take that home and "link" it to a Pet house... of some sort and when I am online my pet will freely roam my house... it logs when I do... shouldn't be too difficult.

But I'd like some new hairstyles. I'd like to see some longer hair... especially for females. I'd like to see some more beard styles.

I'd like to see some... Perhaps other things to add... New hats... new dresses... I would love new dresses and skirts. I'd like to see some coats. More boot styles.
Some love to the Gargoyles with some new styles for them ...

I'd like a new bow too... Something perhaps mostly for looks that I can transmog my bow into ...

And a better rideable spider... that one is just not good... something more like a sentinal spider.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally have always wanted a broom... what would be really nice is if you could mount it... which would be fun... but you know... just a nice broom to sit by the door so it looks like I take care of my place...

I still want a house pet. I would like to be able to go out in the wild with some sort of clickable object that will "target" what I want as a pet... be it a spider, a cat, a dog-o, a tiger, whatnot... and then take that home and "link" it to a Pet house... of some sort and when I am online my pet will freely roam my house... it logs when I do... shouldn't be too difficult.

But I'd like some new hairstyles. I'd like to see some longer hair... especially for females. I'd like to see some more beard styles.

I'd like to see some... Perhaps other things to add... New hats... new dresses... I would love new dresses and skirts. I'd like to see some coats. More boot styles.
Some love to the Gargoyles with some new styles for them ...

I'd like a new bow too... Something perhaps mostly for looks that I can transmog my bow into ...

And a better rideable spider... that one is just not good... something more like a sentinal spider.
The revenue they would generate from a store bought house pet tool like you've mentioned, would dwarf the sales of most of the junk currently offered.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The revenue they would generate from a store bought house pet tool like you've mentioned, would dwarf the sales of most of the junk currently offered.
Oh I don't disagree I know it would... but they just keep giving us stupid stuff.

Oh and the final thing that I want... a Despise Snow Globe... why that one has never been given out I just don't know... far as I'm aware there is no despise globe... unless someone has one. 1636585642875.png

Bothers me that the Pedestal there sits empty.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Got to suggest these things on the official forums for the devs to see them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Got to suggest these things on the official forums for the devs to see them.
I don't and won't post over there. Never even logged in over there... though they have all my crap on their stupid forum anyway... I find that forum far too... controlled. I have suggested things to them quite often... when I have something to tell them I send it in an email. That forum is a joke... not only do they barely read it and even less post on it... but they ignore 99% of it including the bug reports. They give little to no feedback. If you aren't patting them on the back and licking their boots you may as well not even bother posting. Anything that doesn't stroke their ego is quickly shut down and closed.

They could care less about suggestions they are going to put all their work and effort into crap no one cares about... and then do whatever they want regardless of what the players/payers would like.

It's like wasting time going to one of those meet and greets when you know what all the answers will be...
We'll look into it. (ie ... we will laugh about that behind your back and we are just telling you that so you'll shut up and move on)
We can't replicate that (ie... we haven't tested that ... haven't bothered trying and don't plan to because we wouldn't be able to fix it anyway or find it in the code, don't want to bother trying to either because lazy)
Please send me an email about that and I'll look into it (Again... you waste time sending an email so as nothing will be done about it and you will move on... Unless you properly asskiss me in the email and stroke my ego... at which point I might do something for you but the next person with the same issue because I had a headache that day can go fly a kite far as I care not helping them... )
No...
Heck no...
I kill you!... No...
That's a nice suggestion... (I'm going to take that and warp it into something not even related that is completely twisted and just silly waste of energy... )
Or... the best issue... where they completely go off on some random rant about your question because they didn't understand the question at all and jumped to a conclusion about you wanting them to give you something for free... etc... and now they are just going to spend the next few moments trashing you and twisting what you asked into something that isn't even related to your inquiry in the first place... because they don't play at least not like a "normal" player and don't understand the game... or how normal people play.

End of meet and greet... no real answers given... no real issues addressed... and oh before they say bye... give some random silly information about what they claim to be doing so it sounds like they are actually doing something that might be good... however it'll turn out to be stupid or another flip the switch grindfest... you already knew about.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many of the new things and changes in the latest publish came directly from people asking for it on the forum.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't and won't post over there. Never even logged in over there... though they have all my crap on their stupid forum anyway... I find that forum far too... controlled. I have suggested things to them quite often... when I have something to tell them I send it in an email. That forum is a joke... not only do they barely read it and even less post on it... but they ignore 99% of it including the bug reports. They give little to no feedback. If you aren't patting them on the back and licking their boots you may as well not even bother posting. Anything that doesn't stroke their ego is quickly shut down and closed.

They could care less about suggestions they are going to put all their work and effort into crap no one cares about... and then do whatever they want regardless of what the players/payers would like.

It's like wasting time going to one of those meet and greets when you know what all the answers will be...
We'll look into it. (ie ... we will laugh about that behind your back and we are just telling you that so you'll shut up and move on)
We can't replicate that (ie... we haven't tested that ... haven't bothered trying and don't plan to because we wouldn't be able to fix it anyway or find it in the code, don't want to bother trying to either because lazy)
Please send me an email about that and I'll look into it (Again... you waste time sending an email so as nothing will be done about it and you will move on... Unless you properly asskiss me in the email and stroke my ego... at which point I might do something for you but the next person with the same issue because I had a headache that day can go fly a kite far as I care not helping them... )
No...
Heck no...
I kill you!... No...
That's a nice suggestion... (I'm going to take that and warp it into something not even related that is completely twisted and just silly waste of energy... )
Or... the best issue... where they completely go off on some random rant about your question because they didn't understand the question at all and jumped to a conclusion about you wanting them to give you something for free... etc... and now they are just going to spend the next few moments trashing you and twisting what you asked into something that isn't even related to your inquiry in the first place... because they don't play at least not like a "normal" player and don't understand the game... or how normal people play.

End of meet and greet... no real answers given... no real issues addressed... and oh before they say bye... give some random silly information about what they claim to be doing so it sounds like they are actually doing something that might be good... however it'll turn out to be stupid or another flip the switch grindfest... you already knew about.
I agree that the devs aren’t really active on their own forum but they are 100% inactive here, so posting over there is a little more probable that they will at least read and not reply to suggestions.

I see people criticizing the devs decisions on the other forum regularly and the threads don’t get locked. It’s when people are just downright insulting that might get a lock, which isn’t really a surprise. When a person can’t express their opinions without being insulting, that’s not very constructive. I can’t imagine a dev taking someone seriously when they are being called braindead and stupid and all that.

I do share your frustration with their lack of communication over there, especially with the bug reports. I’ve given up reporting bugs because I feel like I’m typing and posting into the void.

As for meet and greets, the devs are almost always in good spirits and do listen to the players. Questions answered in the newsletters are often from meet and greets. Suggestions to fix things during these meetings have actually been implemented.
They can’t implement everything the players ask of course.

Odd you said you never even logged in on the forum over there but have a lot of opinions on it.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you explain that?
I wasn't aware that I needed to but sure. The official forums have 2 or 3 people that are the most vocal and things get implemented because of the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of those 2 or 3 people. Dissenting opinions are squelched and sometimes deleted. Lots of times more negatives are received on an idea than positives, yet the "thing" still gets developed and added. This is strictly my opinion, but a majority of the really weird worthless items that are added to the store were discussed privately by these 2-3 people. I"m making an assumption but it's based on my own personal experience. I was bought into a discussion by one of the Devs through private message., and asked for my opinion .Unfortunately for my ego, my ideas were ignored. Am I jaded, hell yes, but most people are when they're ideas are dismissed, but I get it, it's no different than people who are always happy about UO because their ideas are always accepted as great. I'ts the way things are...great for some, unfortunate for some..

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I don't post there either.
It really isn't worth the effort to type out your thoughts when most of the time things get locked because it has gotten ( too heated )
Plus the lack of replies from the big honchos

Why any one bothers beats me. I just read for comedy / entertainment purposes .

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and the final thing that I want... a Despise Snow Globe... why that one has never been given out I just don't know... far as I'm aware there is no despise globe... unless someone has one.
Not impossible if you got 100, but highly improbable among many thousands of players if there isn't one — unless it's just that rare, or intended. The UO Guide entry on snow globes mentions Despise as "strangely absent."

I looked through my houses, what a couple of accounts put in secure storage. My other accounts' characters have their holiday stuff in the bank, so I'll have to let you know in a couple of months when I reactivate them.