• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Feedback

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since no one else has started a thread, I'll just plop my few comments out there:

It would be nice to have more options for setting the conditions of a duel. Some of the suggestions I heard for options were: No potions. No reagents. No petals. No bandages.

Minor point, but it would be handy to have steps on both sides of each spectator box, especially for the Fel arenas.

Question: Is spell casting squelched in the spectator area and/or any other area immediately outside the arena?

Is the "no looting" going to apply when this hits production shards when you're fighting guildmates and/or fighting in Fel?

While you're waiting for the host to find more participants to invite, it would be handy as a participant (especially in a team battle) to have an option to see who has been invited so far and which team they are on, instead of just seeing that information right as the gate opens up and you only have a short time to decide whether or not to participate.

When this hits production shards, if you're doing a team battle, if you have an opposing faction member on the same team with you, will they temporarily show as green to you while you're in the arena?

Will you have faction skill loss if your faction character is killed by an enemy faction character in an arena battle? Will you get silver if you kill an enemy faction character in an arena battle (assuming no 100% tithing) and kill points, if the kill is eligible for points?

That's all I can think of for now.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, another kinda dumb question. Is there any possibility you can specify the type of 1 slot pet you want to allow, e.g., all battle chicken lizards, all chickens, all frenzied ostards, etc.? I know that's kinda dumb, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway since we do have the battle chicken lizards that I thought were added to the game with the idea of using them for fights.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't signed up for a duel yet but I was wondering about the loot part of it. Maybe a put up or shut up gold amount agreed upon? I would also love to bet on a player as a spectator!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't signed up for a duel yet but I was wondering about the loot part of it. Maybe a put up or shut up gold amount agreed upon? I would also love to bet on a player as a spectator!
When you host a duel, you have the option to set an entry fee of up to 50k. I don't know who gets it after the duel though, whether it goes straight to your bank, how it's split up if there are more than 2 participants or it's a team battle. All stuff that needs to be tested.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What they need to do is have an orb or something people can click on that will lock you into a ghost spectator mode which maybe has an invisible character in the exact middle of the arena, then maybe you can press Last Object or ESC or something to get out of it. That way people can sit wherever they want then lock in to actually watch it. Not sure how they'd program it but that's what I'd like to see.

But the arenas are too large, as well, for 1v1 and maybe even 2v2...I heard each match can last like 30 mins or something...way too long if true.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could use gargoyles transport system to put spectators on fake roof of arena.
They could be invisible from inside of arena.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the arenas are too large, as well, for 1v1 and maybe even 2v2...I heard each match can last like 30 mins or something...way too long if true.
The person hosting the match determines the maximum length. I think the minimum length was 5 minutes and the maximum was 30 minutes.

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arena's looks great and I had a LOT of fun playing them over the weekend.

It is great that you can ban players from your fights.
I would like to see a 'No Fields' option.
I would like to see more of the arena as a spectator.

When this goes live, it would be great if you could enter a 'all-world' arena from your home shard. I know test kind of does this, but its still a copy of my character.

Set the default to "Accept Invites". Players can always say no and change to "Do not accept".

I have to go now, but suffice to say, everyone that I spoke to really enjoyed the fights, though the dexers hated the fields, hence the option for 'no fields' in the set-up menu.

I will continue to play and make further comments.

I found no bugs. :)

Thanks!

Cypher, CEO Spawners Inc