• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Europa History

C

Clx-

A little bit, anyway. I've just finished updating my guild's history, including our PvP run on Europa from 2002-2004. There's quite a few screenshots and a lot of text. If anyone is around still from those days and interested, have a look here:

Griefed.net Forums • View topic - I-C History

I see good old Psycho is still posting here. You've got your own special little section at the end, if I'd known you were still around I'd have put in a few more screenshots of you dead!

Z

ZiGGe

That brought back some memories. Fun times, fun times indeed

Though I do feel a little disappointed that IMP was not found in your tales of the past.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An absolutely amazing read, s'great to learn the history of what has been going on with Europa in the last few years, seeing what people you only saw in passing were actually getting up to.

Great writing too, thanks for sharing it !

B

Blade Swinger

Terry and I still remember you all :)
Heh kept meaning to drop past here to catch up with you both. I've dropped into the IRC channel a few times but I noticed it's empty now. Glad to hear everything is well. :thumbup:

C

Clx-

IMP are certainly worth a mention, I'll fit something in. It's mostly because I was on a 'break' when you guys sprung up, I think. So even if you fought I-C a lot, I wasn't there to witness/remember it. Only really remember you guys from the boards. Great to see there's some old friends/enemies still around. Who were you, by the way? On boards and in game.

@Kas, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Pleased I made the effort if people are actually reading it! I should probably run it through a spell checker at some point I guess~

Z

ZiGGe

Oh I ran under many an alias. Aelioth, Maerlath, Zigge, Akemo and Emala. I´ve been Zigge on all boards since I can remember.

We used to have some great fights against I-C, and we had some even greater fights alongside I-C. Though usually the latter meant killing every bluebie on screen before turning on eachother *grins*

C

Clx-

Can you think of any other Fel guilds from that time period that I've not mentioned?

Did you keep in touch with any of the IMP people? I don't remember many. Mercury runs with us lot now, not that we play any MMO's. Draklon was a nice guy. I didn't see eye to eye with Motiv(I think?).

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you think of any other Fel guilds from that time period that I've not mentioned?

Did you keep in touch with any of the IMP people? I don't remember many. Mercury runs with us lot now, not that we play any MMO's. Draklon was a nice guy. I didn't see eye to eye with Motiv(I think?).
CLOWN?

We've got Zigge in our guild, and CLOWN in our alliance. And probably a few more faces you might remember from way back when. I didn't start playin til, oooh, 5yrs ago this year, so you weren't on my radar, I think! You'll find Lord Rotin of CLOWN about these boards :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mIRC demanded cash before it would keep working, and I was getting rather busy with the site and boards to keep track of, so irc kinda got lost.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IC...Good memories. My bard wanted to be Zole when she grew up...Still does!

Last time I saw Noxin was for Fluffi's Silly Pet Dungeon Run:-

Noxin brought a changling dog, Fluffi's white squirrel? I think Kas Valentine brought a black sheep, there were lots of mongbats, and my own highly trained giant rat, Basil.

Amongst the carnage (mostly our pet corpses!)

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh heh, awesome, Jonny Valentine did indeed bring a black sheep....

You can view the extent of her short life in each of those pictures.

May she rest in peace.

(How cruel it was that my call of "all follow me" was never heeded)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
greetings

still waiting for my "share" of the castle i helped you place in fel valoria some years ago!

dirty rotten I-C!!!!:)

I remember Noxin, Wildcat and InDra? maybe, I remember you all leaving the shard, did not know you all quit game?

C

Clx-

Hah, looks like our last 'run' in 07, just after they fixed up PvP again for a while.

Jack - you'll have to jog my memory? Was it perhaps a Keep rather than a Castle? In the area north of Skara/west of the Xroads? 2004-ish?

We moved to Drachenfels in 2004(better PvP scene), and had a cpl brief returns to Europa to Europa in 05, and again in late 07. None of us play anymore though.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hah, looks like our last 'run' in 07, just after they fixed up PvP again for a while.

Jack - you'll have to jog my memory? Was it perhaps a Keep rather than a Castle? In the area north of Skara/west of the Xroads? 2004-ish?

We moved to Drachenfels in 2004(better PvP scene), and had a cpl brief returns to Europa to Europa in 05, and again in late 07. None of us play anymore though.
So long ago, sure it was a castle, Noxin or Nixon? or both and Wildcat i remmeber, and remember trying to outrun them at fel idocs, super stuff:)

sorry yr gone, nice to hear from you must have been when I-C visited 2006/07 time

K

KingTizz

I remember you guys from your stint in europa's factions, i was in O-S and we had some good rumbles with you lot.

After you guys left factions it started to decline again, and alot of people left :(

D

Drizzet

Great read, although I was a massive noob at the time and had just started playing in 2004, I did begin to pvp, the weird thing is I remember all the guilds in the screen shots and text (on europa) except I-C. As my brother was big on the PvP I did play with some of the better players, however I was terrible and my connection/computer was worse. The only name I played with in a guild was Mortharr (who use to leave the guild, field me in and cast a poison field and ev's on me) (probably because i gave such a scream when I died), I'm surprised you missed out the other big names around the 2005/2006 time. Even if the quality of the guild was ranged as some of the betters players were playing with the likes of me, I still thought they were a big part of europa and I am surprised you don't have any screen shots with ED! or PaiN in there. As we use to do a lot of champs and harrys even if AI did raid us everytime. However it does seem looking back at screen shots you had left for Legends and Drachs and we had just started fighting maybe, im not sure. I just remember seeing a lot of NDK, ELR, AI etc etc. Also surprised about "We also found a new challenge - the [.ava] guild. Apparently ex-Europa players, although none of us remembered them, they had managed to form an effective small group fighting force." seems odd as these lot were very well known. Anyways thanks for screenshots from the past I was only young and would never have thought of it :p, plus I would have been dead 80% of my time in Fel.

C

Clx-

I am surprised you don't have any screen shots with ED! or PaiN in there. "We also found a new challenge - the [.ava] guild. Apparently ex-Europa players, although none of us remembered them, they had managed to form an effective small group fighting force." seems odd as these lot were very well known.
Sounds like all those guilds started out on Europa during the time we didn't play here, 2005-2006? I don't remember ED! or PaiN and .ava I only saw on Drachs.

O-S guild I remember well!

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk about a blast from the past. Hi stratics.
If we can't see I-C names in game, it's still good to see I-C names here every now & then.

psst: Not that you're likely to succomb to the temptation, butttt...there's a whole bunch of new template choices for you to work your magic on! :thumbup1:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it that whenever I appear in a PvP screenshot, I am either dead or dying?

(Rhetorical question!!)