• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Credit for the Devs.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been talking with several folks the last few days that had issues with the pets going poof and just ceasing to exist. It seriously got to the point for many of us that we just would not take a scrolled up pet out of the stables. Anyway it has been about two months give or take since any of us have lost a pet, in a DC or Client crash. Don't know if you guys actually fixed the problem or broke something else and making a new bug fixed this bug LOL. But it is nice to be able to play again using the good pets without having to worry about losing stacks of 120 scrolls and hours of training.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a strange world where we are doling out credit for somebody simply doing the job they are paid to do. Especially when they didn't do the job very well in the first place, hence corrective action needing to be taken.
Did someone pee in your cheerios this morning?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Since there was never any mention of a fix for that problem (that I heard of), I would assume they fixed it by accident! Might be best not to mention it, just in case they fix the fix...:p

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok the occasional pet going wild/vanishing is a bug, which means it doesn't happen all of the time and is difficult to reproduce. Just because this "bug" hasn't reared its ugly head recently does not mean the Devs had anything to do with it, other than their original poor coding which caused it in the first place.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
other than their original poor coding which caused it in the first place.
Coupled with the fact such a major update to the game was not really tested for long enough and seemed to be pushed out to live shards way sooner than it should of been.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been talking with several folks the last few days that had issues with the pets going poof and just ceasing to exist. It seriously got to the point for many of us that we just would not take a scrolled up pet out of the stables. Anyway it has been about two months give or take since any of us have lost a pet, in a DC or Client crash. Don't know if you guys actually fixed the problem or broke something else and making a new bug fixed this bug LOL. But it is nice to be able to play again using the good pets without having to worry about losing stacks of 120 scrolls and hours of training.
The pet disappearance issue was fairly rare, but still devastating to those it happened. It was rare enough, where it not happening to the few people you talked to in the past months, does not mean at all that it was fixed. But my biggest annoyance with this is that I have seen no acknowledgement of the issue from the Devs. Neither have I seen any mention of the bug fix in the patch notes. This along with stealth nerfs or stealth "features" really does not help build trust. So I am very reluctant to give credit for something that was done in a sneaky manner if done at all.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet disappearance issue was fairly rare, but still devastating to those it happened. It was rare enough, where it not happening to the few people you talked to in the past months, does not mean at all that it was fixed. But my biggest annoyance with this is that I have seen no acknowledgement of the issue from the Devs. Neither have I seen any mention of the bug fix in the patch notes. This along with stealth nerfs or stealth "features" really does not help build trust. So I am very reluctant to give credit for something that was done in a sneaky manner if done at all.
It was rare for most but fairly common for some of us :) I played around a bit over the weekend forcing DCs and Client crashes and could not get a single pet to poof. I still am convinced it was some glitch with the auto stabling that hit during DCs and Client crashes, that sent the pet to some void other than the stables. The fact that I found a way to sometimes get the pet back by boarding a ship via the mooring lines but still not have the pet fully back until moving the ship toward the pet standing on the mooring line to slide it fully onto the deck or losing the pet for all time by moving the pet away from the pet sliding it into the water. Anyway they were stuck on the mooring line and could not be lored, their healthbar brought up or commanded until they slide onto the deck and then all worked as normal. And yes it was hard to reproduce and took thousands of forced DCs and Client Crashes to replicate the pet going poof just a dozen or so times.

Ok the occasional pet going wild is a bug, which means it doesn't happen all of the time and is difficult to reproduce. Just because this "bug" hasn't reared its ugly head recently does not mean the Devs had anything to do with it, other than their original poor coding which caused it in the first place.
This was not the pet going wild bug. This was the pet just ceasing to exist after a client crash or disconnect and existing in some void.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lost a cu dog on my daughters account she was sitting on last time I logged her in about 6 months ago
Then I logged her in to help heal at daemon temple boss thing and her pet was gone
Never started training it it was a very old pet, I'm still kinda pissed about it. :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost a cu dog on my daughters account she was sitting on last time I logged her in about 6 months ago
Then I logged her in to help heal at daemon temple boss thing and her pet was gone
Never started training it it was a very old pet, I'm still kinda pissed about it. :(
Never experienced that one but in trying to find other people having the same issue I was having heard several folks talk of the same thing. They were mounted when they logged out and when they logged in later the pet they were sitting on was just gone.

Also heard from a lot of folks that played the server up game or did not keep their pets happy and they went wild. Some of the folks who lost pets they were sitting on simply logged too close to server down time and that old glitch got their pet.

LOL I got serious about figuring this out after I lost my 9th pet 7 hours before server down, that I had used a bonding potion on, scrolled up and spent the Time training up to all 120s and was doing the Sleeping Dragon Spawn, when the spawn changed to rec lions and lessers, the client crashed...... I logged right back in and my brand new shiny, scrolled up fully trained pot bonded lesser hiryu was just gone, and it was not because he went wild or ran off. I lore regularly and he was extremely happy 3-4 minutes before the crash. Just GONE followers 0, no corpse anywhere, and I ran all over ISamus coast looking for him, since in the past I had pets for no reason take off like a rocket and get stuck on a coast somewhere, log in and log out and no pet, check stables no pet. So I used a firedrake in a area where trying to trade them causes both the giver and receiver clients to crash and started looking for ways to recover the pet from whatever void it was in. Even using the ship trick when the pet appeared on the mooring line it showed Zero of five control slots used. As soon as I moved the ship and slid the pet fully on to the deck the followers jumped back up to 3 control slot for the drake. If I logged out while the pet was on the lines it was gone forever, if I moved the boat away from the pet and it slid into the water it was gone forever. LOL I spent a 3 day weekend doing nothing but crashing the client and disconnecting to get around a dozen pet poofs. I thought of the boat........ well mainly because I use boats a lot and noticed I could leave a pet in the bottom of a dungeon and use the mooring lines and the pet in the bottom of the dungeon was now standing on the ship.