• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solve this

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres a yellow book near brit moongate that can't be picked up, called 'Solve this!', written by A fine hand.

It says

K
X
U
P
U
K
L
Z
R
J
T
U
D

K

Kiminality

It doesn't look to be a message encoded with ROT, and I'm not seeing any obvious patterns.

U

UOFree

well it might be some kind of trick like you can use the letters from who wrote the book or something.

S

Seasseragh

Think there´s a reason why they´re all above each other instead of a "normal" left-to-right text? (no idea which though)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked the end of the Deep Sewers where the broken moongate is. This 'code' isn't a password anyway.

P

Phineas le Monge

Most likely a left over EM event puzzle...if its old it may not work as a password anymore, but did work for a limited time during the event.

A

Angel121

Solved it.

K-ill
X-enu
U-nder
P-apau
U-sing
K-inky
L-eather
Z-ulu
R-ods
J-ovially
T-ickle
U-nder
D-emand

It's proof that scientology Is trying to subdue the masses in Ultima Online!

Don't be fooled, Free thinking to the masses!!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From EM site:

Slight Error and Update

The book placed at Brit Moongate had a slight typing error which may [for those trying to work it out] have confused the issue slightly more than it should have.

This has been rectified and a new riddle book placed [elsewhere] which may make it easier to work out what the book means.

I

ikarias

Combined with the Minoc book (wich also contained the corrected text "kxuUpuklzrjtud" and the hints "k=s, u=n, r=w, d=g" i deducted the following:

k = s
x = .
u = n
u = n
p = .
u = n
k = s
l = .
z = .
r = w
j = .
t = .
u = n
d = g

s.nn.ns..w..ng
s.nn.ns.. WroNG (as in the dungeon?)

My englishs isnt to great, should x = 1, it would make :

SiN...

what o what could the rest be, since **** is happaning right now in wrong (yes, the dungeon...)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to Aurelius the first part seems to mean 'Sunnansky' and the other letters look like Wrong. When you say Wrong to Sunnansky (In Jordans old office) your told there is definately something wrong in wrong...

If you then go into Wrong, behind the jails to the east, into the sparkle. You'll find Mericles body with a rune to the Orc Cave.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alongside the objects mentioned by Mapper in his spoiler, there are also these :

Mericles body is the 'centrepiece' of a pattern of various items (strangely including a gargish 'bloodblade' weapon), including necromantic reagents, two books, and a rune.

The book at Mericles head may be from the 'spirits of the virtues' who took him away for judgement, or some other entity, and reads as follows :

*an Inscription*

by
(name is blank)

Here lies one of those who would not conform. Here lies one that sought the great Beyond. Here lies one that failed.

His life shall be remembered as a lesson for those that follow.

The second book, at Mericles feet, is in orcish, and reads

"Ail Dez Shrine

by

Sahgorim

Gimbat-ul burzum-ishi!

Ash-uruki thrakataluk um di bludgul..

Gimbur Lugburz snaga.

Dulltome, Dull gate.

Sahgorim"

Resting on that book is a rune, labelled Tolagal, takes you to the area near the orc mines.

Digging through Lord of the Rings 'orcish' Black speech, some of that is directly translateable, and roughly works out as ;

Gimbat-ul burzum-ishi! - To find them all in the darkness.

Ash-uruki thrakataluk - One (orc, or a type of orc) to bring them all

... um di bludgul. doesn't seem to fit 'Black Speech' perfectly, I'm inclined to suspect 'bloodgul' is a mixture of blood, obviously, and 'gul' which is a Black Speech term for ghoul or undead, as in Nazgul.

Gimbur Lugburz snaga. - something very similar to "Finder dark tower slave".

Dulltome, dull gate is not really equivalent to anything I can find on Black Speech, so I'm supposing it's a more direct 'UO orc' for some book, and a gate. Ikarias wondered if 'dull' meant 'black', I like the thought not least because there's no lack of UO lore about The Black Gate since it was the title of Ultima 7....

I'm wondering about a few more things now, although as usual may be on completely the wrong track, but still -

Mericles was found one, accompanied by orcs, in the Blood Dungeon in Ishenar - which Flame reminded me was also near where the broken gate from the orc area of the sewers under Britain came out. Wonder if 'bludgul' relates to there?

I'm suspicious we might have misunderstood something way back in the Mericles storyline. At the time of the 'seed pods', there was an orcish note :

"Em orderz cums frum em big wozzah he em gud killa an ee wan kil ummies."

We'd assumed that 'wozzah' meant Mericles, a 'wizard'. But one of Mericles main allies from the void was a very powerful changeling, and I do wonder if 'wozzah' actually meant 'what's that', which has a certain suitability as an orcish term for a changeling!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry this is very late but I promised I would post the information we got weeks ago from the Orc alchemist inside what we suspected to be Mericles cave in the orc mines.

Orc Alchemist

Big Bob - Big Bob! He is a mighty warlord leader of the Black Hand Clan
Warlord - Big Bob has learnt much to aid us in our fight. all those years with the humans!
Black - The Black Hand is one of the most vicious clans of orc kin.
Clans - All the clans will unite once Big Bob is returned to us.
New Order - The New Order was born without parents we have arisen as our Master would have wished.
Master - He who we must avenge and who grew us in secret homelands.
Grew - Yes, we were grown. The New Order, born of no parents, will rise to prominence over all the clans
We were grown - We are the New Order of orcs! Our machines will kill the detested humans and elves.
He who we must avenge - We are the New Order of orcs! Our machines will kill the detested humans and elves.
Homelands - Secret place far away under the earth close to the heart of the humans power we will strike!
Avenge - Smash oomies! Kill dem all! *coughs* We must kill them all! And find where he has gone.
Heart - Why where could be the heart of power but Britain itself!
We will strike - We are the New Order of orcs! Our machines will kill the detested humans and elves.

C

cheerful

Didn't Wozzah usually have grand infront of it?
I mostly remember 'grand wozzah' and I'm not sure how much of the void or it's inhabitants the orcs knew about.
Grand wizard sits more comfortably with me.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't Wozzah usually have grand infront of it?
I mostly remember 'grand wozzah' and I'm not sure how much of the void or it's inhabitants the orcs knew about.
Grand wizard sits more comfortably with me.
I recall the term 'Grand Wozza' too - depending on how long you've been around in UO though, you may have this gentleman in mind ;)

http://wiki.moongates.org/Saktoth

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that Exodus and Blackthorns is a reoccuring and is probly linked but interestingly to the west of blood dungeon there is a ruined tower.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked out the orcs alchemist cave (bubhosh mojo goth) and round to the left there are copper coloured chopper orcs that slowly keep respawning. I'v killed about 15 and found nothing on them.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been there on sunday and they already been there then,
after the supposed meeting with nathan Hawke ;)

W

woahcrea

Today I have found something interesting in the book that lies near Mericles's body, on the 36th page:

When looking to this at first time, you may think this is a mistake. But, using the imagination you can see this:

Here is another book. This also can be an out-of-date event book, I'm not sure. Would be better, if someone, who have played a lot will check this.

Attachments

S

Seasseragh

The one you found at the lighthouse is old, it appeared after BB was freed from Yew Prison.

Nice find with the lighthouse sketch still... even if it should be a error.