• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soloing DF

R

rolan69vw

is it still possible to solo de DF? I remember some posts about baghdaddy soloing the DF, but since the nurf on Bush I havent heard anything from this. If it is doable, what skills, stats and equipment am i looking for? Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

is it still possible to solo de DF? I remember some posts about baghdaddy soloing the DF, but since the nurf on Bush I havent heard anything from this. If it is doable, what skills, stats and equipment am i looking for? Any help will be greatly apreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's do-ible..
Check out the Samipre and Wammy fourms (samuri)

A lot of soloing has to do with the weapon also. You can't do it death free... and still takes 15-45 minutes

G

I don't know I'm pretty sure I could solo him with my template, but he's casting BO so often every now and then I don't notice it in time.
It would take a really long time, however. I got him to about 80%once I tried, but then I didnt notice the BO, got my mount killed and left :p

I'm a necro/pally and the weapons I use all have more than 80% HML so I can spam special attacks.

Never got an arti on my char though
Only two I got was on a noob archer I was training with crappy gear.

I

imported_Athlon

I have done it with a pure damage mage.

I am looking to do it within 15 minutes with my tank - think i got it now. However, i still need a couple jewels with fc and some combo of hci/dci/di on them.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's no longer possible to solo him in 30 minutes or less with a tank. BO kills you way too often. I'm talking about the DF in DOOM; not the watered down ones in Magincia.

Rather than doing 150 Damage per hit, I only do 75 (non-demon slayer weapon) to avoid dying every 2 minutes. Along with the less damage, you spend alot more time running from him when he casts BO on you (at least you don't insta die if you cut your damage down). Also more of his undead friends join him, forcing you to stop attacking the DF and deal with them. So it's gone from 10-15 minutes to kill him up to 45-60 minutes of repititious boredom. It's more fun to team up a provo bard/mage and a tank.

G

I've solo'd the DF on my Bard. 120 music, 115 provo, 115 disco. But, you'd be hard pressed to find one alone these days to even try.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually with the recent change to Blood Oath, it's probably possible to solo a DF in less than 15 minutes...maybe even 10. I can't try it out because the DOOM is a big party these days (which is a very good thing as far as I'm concerned).

J

Janus69

I have no problem soloing the DF without bushido and evasion on my Necro/chiv/parry macer. Curse weapon, Wraithform, EoO, and divine fury 4tw. I haven't tried it since they changed the chance for BO, but before it usually took 30+ min and I would die 4-10 times, with 97% of those deaths being by Blood Oath. I'd like to try it now, but like they said, Doom is a party nowadays

A

alessandrov81

it can be done without bushido or necromancy, just be sure having high weapon skill, parryng, healing speed and, above all, buy a weapon with a lot of hit life leech... (i.e. the blade of righteous) i can do it with a pure warrior with a weapon like that (with mana and stamina leechs to, but i don't think it's so important). Most dangerous thing it's the undead horde... you can cast dispite evil or have a good macro for cutting bones... better do it in a corner, with wall at back.
But soloing it's not a good choice because it needs a lot of minutes and somebody'll probably arrive before you killed it... better doing it in 5-6 people for maximixe artifact-per-day-ratio ;-)

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

it can be done without bushido or necromancy, just be sure having high weapon skill, parryng, healing speed and, above all, buy a weapon with a lot of hit life leech... (i.e. the blade of righteous) i can do it with a pure warrior with a weapon like that (with mana and stamina leechs to, but i don't think it's so important). Most dangerous thing it's the undead horde... you can cast dispite evil or have a good macro for cutting bones... better do it in a corner, with wall at back.
But soloing it's not a good choice because it needs a lot of minutes and somebody'll probably arrive before you killed it... better doing it in 5-6 people for maximixe artifact-per-day-ratio ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]Blade of the Righteous?! Are you kidding? That weapon is so slow it might put a DF to sleep. I tried it down there, but the swing rate is way too slow. Lock it down in your how to show to your friends, then find a nice fast-swinging Radiant Scimitar Demon Slayer with some Leeches on it (I actually prefer HML and HSL over HLL, because they keep my swing speed up and my Specials flowing). The Radiant will do Whirlwinds which will take out most of the undead spawn.

Macro to cut bones? That sounds fishy.