• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soloing champ spawns...

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,

What pet do you use to solo each champ spawn? I have been trying to get some powerscrolls to use on my pet's so figured I would attempt them. So far I have managed pipper and rikktor.

My pet is a chiv/ai/goo Cu but so far only scrolled to 110 wrestling and parry everything else is 100.

I'm a necro tamer so I have been teleporting in and withering 1st and 2nd round then use pet for rest. It's slow but gets the job done. Rikktor was a real pain took me almost 45 minutes to kill him constantly healing pet (no level 3 mastery yet). My gear is also garbage but working on it.

Tldr: what pet do you feel is best to solo champs with pet doing the damage. Also how much better does a pet get at full 120 scrolled?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Doesn't Rikktor attack you when you heal? I've only solod Piper so far, my pet is the same as yours.

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Doesn't Rikktor attack you when you heal? I've only solod Piper so far, my pet is the same as yours.
He does sometimes I just run back invis and come back start healing again. Pet didn't die came close once or twice though. I was non stop casting heals.

When he does target you though and I'm guessing fireballs couldn't see animation but it hurts! Hit for 89 so he could easily kill you if he hits ya 2 times I may of just got lucky.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For me, the best pet for the actual spawn has been a FWW/go Cu, then a bushido/goo LH. Without the AI, the boss takes a little longer, hence why the FWW of the Cu is nice.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
These are the pets I've solo'd spawns with:
Cu with AI/Chiv
Cu with Goo/AI/mystic
Unicorn with Ai/Magery mastery
Naja with Poison/poison breath/FWW
Dimetrosaur with poison/poison breath/mortal strike

Was fastest with the Ai/Chiv Cu. I have 2 tamers, the one I use for spawns is also necromage.

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He does sometimes I just run back invis and come back start healing again. Pet didn't die came close once or twice though. I was non stop casting heals.

When he does target you though and I'm guessing fireballs couldn't see animation but it hurts! Hit for 89 so he could easily kill you if he hits ya 2 times I may of just got lucky.
Rikktor does not breath fire, he casts Earthquake. It is very easy to avoid, you get 6 warning breaths (or growls, not entirely sure what the sound represents) before he casts it, Earthquake is cast on the 6th breath. You can simply move away from him before it casts. If Earthquake hits you he will switch target to you if you are the only person there and yes, it hits incredibly hard, it's not uncommon for it to one shot people that don't move away.

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I watch tv or YouTube while I am playing so didn't hear anything ha just seen the numbers. Guess I'll be listening next time.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Positioning will also cause retarget - if you stand on the same tile. Though you can use that to your advantage sometimes.

Can you still interrupt his EQ? You used to be able to stop him casting it with Harm spam.

Basically anything with AI is going to be good on the boss and anything with the ability to hit multiple on the spawn will be good. Though there are endless ways of doing them all don't forget a GD can still do everything and is essentially already scrolled where it counts if you get a good one.

Neira shouldn't be too hard with a modern pet, I'd probably use a Naja for the Poison immunity (against Rotting Corpses), she gets out of Mana quick with a Wraith hitting her too. Or something fire damage.

Meph, again Poison immunity or fire damage, on the champ fewer heavier hits are best to reduce counter attacks.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What do you consider the 2nd easiest champ spawn? I think everybody would agree the Piper is easiest. How would you rank them?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Piper
Ricky
Meph
Neira
Semidar
Abysmal
Primeval
Oaks (only because of the terrain)
Turtle

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My list..... Dizzy looks like this! ( by the way.... nice to see you still haunting these old forums. You might not remember but you gave me my first Stratics job, as the Moderator of treasure hunters forum. so it is all your fault ) .... :p

Baracoon,
rikky,
Meph
primal,
Semidar
Abyssal
Neir
Oaks
Harrower

A fire beetle all scrolled up with rune corruption and AI is a beautiful creature to behold, you pick what to add they all work depending on your style, Archer/tamer, necro/tamer, stealth/SW/ template.
I have a friend who does stealth/ tamer with a Naja. They watch movies while they spawn it is so easy.... but they struggle with bosses sometimes.

but truly the fastest way to solo a spawn is still the tried and true Sampire. But they are hard work :)