• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soloing a peerless?

P

pgcd

The title says it all, really: is it possible to solo a Peerless with a tamer? Did anybody do it ever? What pet, what peerless, what skills?

D

Duncan O'Shay

DH with a rune beetle and bake or nightmare. Two tamers can take out Simmering Effusion. I knew a guy who had Travesty red lined with a beetle and nightmare, he was a disco tamer also.

It can be done, but patience is a requirement.

I

imported_Duku

Forgive me if i borrow your post ^^

Is it possible to solo shimmering? and if yes, with which pets/skill? thx

P

pgcd

I'd love to try doing dreadhorn, as it looks like it's the easiest peerless. Any hints/advice? I'd use a beetle and a ki-rin instead of a nightmare, as I tamed my first mare only a couple days ago - what would be a reasonable strategy?
My char is a peace (96 currently) tamer with some magery and meditation but no eval int; I have a halfway decent 100 lrc suit, with resists ranging between 55 and 70, but I'm nowhere near uber...

D

Duncan O'Shay

I would think it extremely difficult at best to solo shimmering. The only hard part about the boss is the fact that he spawn more dangerous copies of himself. Its those that kill you, not so much shimmering. I've seen it make 4 copies and have nearly killed us all. The only big benefit of shimmering itself is the simple tactic of retreating behind the wall that is there.

D

Duncan O'Shay

Bring pots, lots of pots. It poisons you like no other. Wear high resists with mana regen, bring lot of bandies. Be ready to cast GH on your pets between bandies. keep some heal pots for you.