• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo Doom?

• Thread starter Emil_surdeegen
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Emil_surdeegen

iam going to make a new Doom char and i need advices i will probobly do it solo so i need a temp i can solo dark father whit i have seen ppl solo him whit sammys but i cant afford a 50mil ornate axe yet so iam looking for another temp.

Ps. sorry for bad english

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

iam going to make a new Doom char and i need advices i will probobly do it solo so i need a temp i can solo dark father whit i have seen ppl solo him whit sammys but i cant afford a 50mil ornate axe yet so iam looking for another temp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the dexxer route, but check the sammy forum, I know i saw some people talking about doing just this. My doomer is a necro/mage/elfthing type and we do well on all but the DF yet.

Mage
Eval
Necro
SS
Spellweaving
Med

Good luck with your hunting.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

what's a "sammy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Samurai.

It's a pretty common abbreviation. I hate it, myself, but it's in common use.

-Galen's player

I

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that it's been impossible, or nearly so, to solo Doom for awhile now. (As well it should be.)

Granted, they eased up on the Blood Oath, so it's possible my information is out of date.

-Galen's player

C

Chango Pelon

Same I have seen. We can solo the gauntlet, but daddy is still the daddy for sure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Quizno's Special, they are pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

The smaller bosses aren't too hard to solo if you are persistant enough. I've not been able to do the df alone but have done him with one other person and a lot of helping each other. Is there really no one on your shard doing the gauntlet? Seems it's hard to get less than 5 people on Catskills.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Are Dark Fathers supposed to attack and kill each other in less than 2 minutes?

Saw a bard doing it... just curious if it is one of those "game mechanics" glitches...

I

imported_Anakena

It is a glitch, but it can be reproduced. It is because at one point one DF wither and hurts the second one and they go aggro on eachother.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

so, like the spawn champion being guard wacked... this should also be fixed?

seems we're working our way down...

artefact system... almost fixed.
crafting system... almost fixed.
spawning glitches... almost fixed.

GO UO!

U

uk_crafter

<blockquote><hr>

so, like the spawn champion being guard wacked... this should also be fixed?

seems we're working our way down...

artefact system... almost fixed.
crafting system... almost fixed.
spawning glitches... almost fixed.

GO UO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Has there EVER been any other UO............

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are quite a few templates that can solo DOOM:

1) Disco/Provo Bard Tamer
2) Samurai Paly Archer
3) Paly Dexxor (my favorite)

The problem with soloing DOOM is it takes too long. But if nobody else is down there, that's your only choice. I guess it's died down a bit since they made the Necro change to the DF, but you can still usually find a few others to run with.

I

<blockquote><hr>

There are quite a few templates that can solo DOOM:

1) Disco/Provo Bard Tamer
2) Samurai Paly Archer
3) Paly Dexxor (my favorite)

The problem with soloing DOOM is it takes too long. But if nobody else is down there, that's your only choice. I guess it's died down a bit since they made the Necro change to the DF, but you can still usually find a few others to run with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doom on LS is still quite active, though inconsistently so.

And honestly that's really about all one can expect these days.

It's like Lady M camping in Trammel. Some nights, sure, you're the only one there. But other nights, enough people are there (spontaneous groups, not "I happened to go when a big guild was going" luck of the draw) to cause lag (minor lag to be sure).

-Galen's player

G

You may have to solo Doom in the wee hours of the morning, or early in the day to find it empty these days. I can solo Doom with Room 2 being the most difficult. Use slayer books and instruments.

Template
Magery GM
Eval GM
Med 85
Disco 115
Provo 115
Music 120
Spellweaving GM

E

Emil_surdeegen

iam going to make this
Template