• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Nevermind, Not Sold, Instead Scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomorchaos

Adventurer
I will start out by saying, It was 100% my fault for trusting someone that has been around a long time, but after marking the keep as sold and holding it for a week, the buyer scammed after only making a partial payment.

I was the dumb one but I hope this might help others remember that no matter what, no matter how long they have been playing, unless you know the person, dont make the mistake I made and trust them.

ICQ #743700958

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
darn that tree stopping the no brainer new style upgrades... if it could have been converted i would have gladly paid your asking price

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I will start out by saying, It was 100% my fault for trusting someone that has been around a long time, but after marking the keep as sold and holding it for a week, the buyer scammed after only making a partial payment.

I was the dumb one but I hope this might help others remember that no matter what, no matter how long they have been playing, unless you know the person, dont make the mistake I made and trust them.

ICQ #743700958
So who's the dead beat? public shaming is always the right play

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So who's the dead beat? public shaming is always the right play
Not on this site my friend, it will get you warned. Please be careful with accusations, even if they are true.

Nomorchaos

Adventurer
I was aware of that rule and even though I have screenshots of him and his other characters at the keep since and screenshots of his ICQ messages naming a couple of those characters to me and showing him blocking me, I was not going to post it here. It was my mistake and I am owning it. I just hope I can help prevent someone else from making the same mistake more then I care about throwing his information out there. Worst part is he is pretty well known (at least on one of his characters) and been around a long while. This game is too awesome to concentrate only on the loss and most of the players that I know or have dealt with are pretty freakin awesome!!

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post over at the said I was telling you about in the icq. We all read that site aswell from time to time I'm sure... That's a no rules site as far as I know!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its unfortunate to know that this site encourages this behavior.
Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums
- Make accusations or publicly air disputes or grievances. Such public accusations can not be resolved on the forums and serve only to stir animosity, which negatively impacts the community as a whole.

Also, it would be more unfortunate if we allowed innocent people be accused...

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
He's right it's a good rule, makes logical sense. Still unfortunate that it happened, let me know how much you're out and I'll see if I can assist

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I was aware of that rule and even though I have screenshots of him and his other characters at the keep since and screenshots of his ICQ messages naming a couple of those characters to me and showing him blocking me, I was not going to post it here. It was my mistake and I am owning it. I just hope I can help prevent someone else from making the same mistake more then I care about throwing his information out there. Worst part is he is pretty well known (at least on one of his characters) and been around a long while. This game is too awesome to concentrate only on the loss and most of the players that I know or have dealt with are pretty freakin awesome!!
Yes. We have been trying to warn and protect other players from scammers and dishonest people. The worst part of this is that he/she will scam other people in the future. That is bound to happen due to "character flaw" that likely is built in. Sadly, allowing public display of the perpetrators name will lead to a disruption of this community. This is why many of us in the forum try to warn newcomers, esp. newcomer tamers with legacy pets and items. Most people do not use Stratics and will never see the warning. Sorry for your pain, our hearts go out to you. Just want to let you know though that the majority of people here are good, honest people.
I also made a mistake few years back (1-2) when I came back to the game and sold a Dread Warhorse for 20 M to someone to get regs for my crafter. It was my mistake did not know the real value of that pet at that time. Mums the word about name of a "trusted" fellow player, very well known in game, and also the community here. So it happens. And you know? It will happen mostly when you are in a hurry to sell you item, for some ill-perceived need and urgency at the time. Moral of the story : Don't be in a hurry, and for very large value items, get the full price, not partial price.
This is why after completion of a trade, I and other people have a habit of going back to the purchaser of an expensive item and ask if they are happy, and that if NOT I will take my goods back and give them back the price they paid, and that is a full price, not a partial price. That way everyone is happy.:)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Its unfortunate to know that this site encourages this behavior.
With due respect:
That is a reprehensible comment, has no reasoning whatsoever. It is absolutely a false statement accusing Stratics for a player's lack of moral values. How did Stratics encourage this behavior?
I know that you are upset/angry about what happened to @Nomorchaos , so is everyone here, but why accuse Stratics having any part of this?

Nomorchaos

Adventurer
I understand the rules here and respect it. I will head to that site tomorrow Summoned, thank you. Effort, players like you are what makes this game so amazing but I am not out anything I will need and I don’t need anything but thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonas

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The unfortunate consequence of a largely anonymous online game is that it gives scamming losers at life the opportunity to play out their sociopathic behavior without the threat of real world consequences, i.e. getting arrested, fined, locked up, sued, etc.

Part of the game and the ruleset was built in evil - pk's, thiefs, etc. There's a big difference between playing a role and committing a crime - and this stuff effectively is committing a crime. You are defrauding someone of things that have both a virtual and real life value.

Look at it this way - big picture it's a relatively cheap way to find out a person's true character. At least that's one positive. Could have been much worse.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you get scammed selling a house nowadays? It's all in a secure trade window isn't it?
The OP took a partial payment. The other payments were not given.

Next time he will use layaway instead.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there an IDOC timer involved or something? Should have just waited until buyer had all the gp.

Sometimes it's hard NOT to trust people though.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Possible a rare item was part of the payment agreement . Otherwise I see no gap in house trading mechanism. Gold/platinum against check the box.
Sad to hear that thoose issues still exists.

Nomorchaos

Adventurer
Hey guys, I appreciate all the feedback. It was a deal that started with in game gold, that lead to RMT. It wasn’t a bug or something wrong with game mechanics. I don’t want any body thinking it was a flaw with the game. Once again it was a mistake on my part 100% .
If I had used the in game system, this wouldn’t have happened.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was a deal that started with in game gold, that lead to RMT.
I have to say, when you admitted that, I lost ALL sympathy for you! FYI, what you did, or attempted to do is against the ToS, and is a BANNABLE offense. Just sayin'. I woulds suggest you email @Mesanna and let her know which one of her "well known" players is engaging in that "behavior". I would also suggest that you "call them out" on the behavior, in game, in general chat. Let EVERYONE one who this "well known" player is!

Nomorchaos

Adventurer
I was never looking for sympathy nor do I even want it. I was hoping to help prevent anybody else from making the same mistake. That is all.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like it or not RMT is running this game inside and out and has been for years, in fact its pretty much the main reason why this game still has players.

lesson learned i guess :/

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
like it or not RMT is running this game inside and out and has been for years, in fact its pretty much the main reason why this game still has players.

lesson learned i guess :/

You say that like it even matters. It has also run off more players than I can count. Personally, as much as I love this game, I would rather see it shut down, rather than let @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak continue to slap HONEST players in the face, by continuing to allow the RMT people to operate with ZERO consequences. Even when she is given PROOF (and she HAS been given proof)! Better to have integrity transparency and honesty, enforce the rules, and let "whatever happens, happen", than to "turn a blind eye", for WHATEVER misguided reason, lose ALL integrity and credibility, and have people wonder just how involved you may be with it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was never looking for sympathy nor do I even want it. I was hoping to help prevent anybody else from making the same mistake. That is all.

WOW So you say you are not looking for sympathy but you don't say how you were scammed until later on in the thread, priceless. IMHO you got what you deserved.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You say that like it even matters. It has also run off more players than I can count. Personally, as much as I love this game, I would rather see it shut down, rather than let @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak continue to slap HONEST players in the face, by continuing to allow the RMT people to operate with ZERO consequences. Even when she is given PROOF (and she HAS been given proof)! Better to have integrity transparency and honesty, enforce the rules, and let "whatever happens, happen", than to "turn a blind eye", for WHATEVER misguided reason, lose ALL integrity and credibility, and have people wonder just how involved you may be with it.
I agree with you %100 but sadly I do not think it is BS/DAoC/UOs doing. I look at the big boy, EA, and alls they care about in the all mighty green. EA could have stopped this a very long time ago but they did nothing. BS does what EA tells them to do and both EA and BS knows who does what.

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol wtf? he admits he made a mistake some of you people need to relax its like ur pissed he admitted he made a mistake lol *Rolls Eyes* :D hehehe

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with you %100 but sadly I do not think it is BS/DAoC/UOs doing. I look at the big boy, EA, and alls they care about in the all mighty green. EA could have stopped this a very long time ago but they did nothing. BS does what EA tells them to do and both EA and BS knows who does what.
It could be, I will give you that. But I don't agree with you. hehe

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say it how it is, facts are facts.

Much like how people have supported this very site you engage in with money that came from buying selling in uo

Status
Not open for further replies.