• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] SOLD

Z

zolo8

Does anyone know the price of this item??

It says its called "Jamys Junior Britannia Scouts carpentry Handbook"

Anyone?

Z

zolo8

Does this help

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/pricecheckh.jpg/][/url]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6393/pricecheckh.th.jpg

cut n paste link

Z

zolo8

It was a gift from a good friend several years ago maybe 2? or 3 years ago?

I was told it was a one of a kind item but never found out its history....

Anyone help?

Z

zolo8

I have a very nice offer of 300 million which I think I will take.

Quitting UO so just happy to sell it all!!!

M

Muu Bin

Could have sworn that there used to be an essay or guide in the main stratics UO page that was on carpentry written by "Jamy". This would have been years ago tho'.

T

thelust6

I remember from years ago there was a promotion running for pens to write up various profession guides in UO, there was likley a reward of some sort in return for the time spent, reminded me from what the poster above wrote.

Z

zolo8

Thats great - Thanks, much appreciated.

Now the item has a story and is I think "one of a kind".

Will take the offer I have if I dont get a better one by Saturday.

Thanks.

I think I am going to have far tooooo much gold when all is sold, shame i cant exchang gold for RL beer!!!

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The above is correct.

The EA 'Write a guide' Reward was a spellbook, with the writers name and some kind of link to the profession they wrote about...

So the title of this stack of books sound right for that, but it was NOT stacked books..

So they must be from something else, or just.. Dodgy item :)

Z

zolo8

Mmmm No one knows the truth around these books it seems. Nice deco item tho and as mentioned they seem to be one of a kind and unduped.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was not uncommon for a winner to be given a choice of items as a reward back then, and since the winner isn't here to clarify you cannot rule out that this was not the item given to the winner

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is information about these books in one of the older threads. I have one with Quest Advocate's name (Xel Naga), which I bought last year for 100M gold.