• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I read that each pet WOULD have 2 specials and 1 area special. Do I have to pick them at the same time? I have been picking armor ignore during one training and losing the option for the remaining levels even on the fire beetle which has no specials.

Another question: On a hiryu, do the specials already present count towards the specials that can be chosen?

Thanks for any input.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I read that each pet WOULD have 2 specials and 1 area special. Do I have to pick them at the same time? I have been picking armor ignore during one training and losing the option for the remaining levels even on the fire beetle which has no specials.

Another question: On a hiryu, do the specials already present count towards the specials that can be chosen?

Thanks for any input.
I can add 2nd special move after adding AI to a post-patch tamed fire beetle. How about you tame a fresh one and add the AI before adding others.

The special move of hiryu counts one special move.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thanks for any input.
You have to choose from the bottom up. Area, then special, then magic.

Its really bad since a fire beetle has a blank sheet.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not always I had a new Dread spider chose aoe and lost any chance to give it a special.... would have liked AI on it... but now can't do AI.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still trying to figure out all of this too but I was pleasantly surprised when the Lion I thought I messed up "corrected" itself. From level 2-3 there was no choice for any AOE and only two specials (tail swipe or searing) to go with one magic system (Poisoning). I was bummed since I really wanted AI. I almost released it on the spot but figured what the heck. I picked poisoning and tail swipe.

Low and behold going from 3-4 the full list of specials and AOE choices appeared and I was able to add the AI I wanted. I'm wondering now whether some choices are dependent on either the level of the pet, the stats of the pet or the skill levels of the pet?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Or ninja corrections by Broadsword in the background when you increase a level.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm still trying to figure out all of this too but I was pleasantly surprised when the Lion I thought I messed up "corrected" itself. From level 2-3 there was no choice for any AOE and only two specials (tail swipe or searing) to go with one magic system (Poisoning). I was bummed since I really wanted AI. I almost released it on the spot but figured what the heck. I picked poisoning and tail swipe.

Low and behold going from 3-4 the full list of specials and AOE choices appeared and I was able to add the AI I wanted. I'm wondering now whether some choices are dependent on either the level of the pet, the stats of the pet or the skill levels of the pet?
With the lion, its because you picked poisoning that it changed its training options. They have piercing mastery on tame which gives them a few special moves/abilities. The piercing counts as the magical ability, and the abilities it gives all count towards cap. By replacing piercing with poisoning, your also removing the abilities piercing gave, effectively clearing its slate and allowing you to start relatively clean (except for the fact it now has poisoning)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What started out fairly straight forward and easy to understand has been getting more boogered up by the day with the stealth changes.