• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, Your Little Sampire can kill anything in the game!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Know that I have your attention :D I was wondering, do you fight bare butt or use the benefit of reduction in damage from riding a Proxy or Swampy when you fight?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I always use a swamp dragon with barding. 20% damage reduction with exceptional barding ftw. Now when it all goes bad and I die, I logout to force my pet to the stables. I find it is easier for me to regroup and head back to the stables before rejoining the fight than to pull along a dead pet to a healer from a combat zone.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I always use the Real Swampy for the 20% reduction. You have to buy the dragon barding deeds and it will run out of armor every so often, but you can find them cheap now (10k or less) - which is well worth the cost IMO. Paraxy swampy only provides 12% reduction.

Similar to what Obsidian said, if I die, I will typically log ASAP instead of letting my pet die and having to ask for a rez, which doesn't always come easy in the middle of a champ spawn or a tough encounter.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always use a swamp dragon with barding. 20% damage reduction with exceptional barding ftw. Now when it all goes bad and I die, I logout to force my pet to the stables. I find it is easier for me to regroup and head back to the stables before rejoining the fight than to pull along a dead pet to a healer from a combat zone.
Please be aware that one you are ressed, you can log out/in and the pet will return to you.
My flow is:
  1. Die
  2. Log out/in
  3. Get ressed by friend/sacrifice at safe spot
  4. Get dressed
  5. Cast Conf+VE
  6. Log out/in
  7. Get on swampy
  8. Back to the fight
Of course, that relies on me dying first which is almost impossible because I'm so stronk more frequent than I care to admit :dunce:

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most of the time, I'm riding a Chief Paroxysmus's Dragon, which provides 12% damage reduction without the need to replace armor. I also have a regular swampy in the stables with exceptional armor for especially difficult battles.