• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So you think you can do game design?

B

Beer_Cayse

Why not try Adventure Game Studio, which is free? Put your ability to design a game - ANY game - to the test. It's not for MMORPG, but point-and-shoot type stuff.

Full online docs on the scripting language. Windows XP/Vista, Linux versions available now ... Mac coming soon.

I'm going to try it ... just for the chuckles.

B

Belanos/Icicle

I used to play RPG Maker a lot on PSX. My biggest work took four full memory cards.

B

Beer_Cayse

whatever you wish to do ... Sierra Online used it in more than a couple of their games.

I looked it over last night and you had best be SERIOUS on designing a game. This puppy requires even palette design and setup before doing anything.

N

Nestorius

I loll'ed at this:

Posted by Just Adventure on 2008-06-04 at 18:01 (IP logged):
A Tale of Two Kingdoms simply blew me away. I know money shouldn’t be a measure of quality, but here is an independently produced game available for free that I could have easily shelled out 30-40 dollars for back in the middle-late 90’s.
Like, how much money would he have shelled out for this game if it were 1985? $300-$400? It would be some pretty kick-ass graphics there and the program would probably need a network of floppy drives.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loll'ed at this:

Like, how much money would he have shelled out for this game if it were 1985? $300-$400? It would be some pretty kick-ass graphics there and the program would probably need a network of floppy drives.
lol

S

SUPRsalad

someone already made my design back in 87 or so. Its called Burgertime.

T

Tak

Made a break from UO and installed LotRO and Warhammer.
Result? I play Navy Field (which is a f... 2D game) for free.

Looks like its still a matter of gameplay and not graphics and advertising.