• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So why doest siege have a trade thread? (discussion)

• Thread starter imported_archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_archite666

So if all the other shards have trade threads why dont we? I mean he have 10 times more active people on our boards than any other shard, I mean its kinda annoying to have to bump your selling thread on top of discussion or trashtalking threads all the time, doest make sence to me. We have a very active community on these boards so it would make more sence to have a seperate thread for our trading since our economy is spread out and we need a strong source for trading. Just my two cents, any comments?

G

Goodah

We pked the trade forums when it first came to Siege and ran him back to the prodo shards.

The Siege Forums is the Trade Forums!

K

Khaza

Excellent idea...I second that notion

Being new to Siege I find it very difficult to not only outfit my char but to properly price items that I buy and sell.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

So if all the other shards have trade threads why dont we? I mean he have 10 times more active people on our boards than any other shard, I mean its kinda annoying to have to bump your selling thread on top of discussion or trashtalking threads all the time, doest make sence to me. We have a very active community on these boards so it would make more sence to have a seperate thread for our trading since our economy is spread out and we need a strong source for trading. Just my two cents, any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
It comes down to high visibility. More people visited the UO Siege Perilous forum
than the UO Siege Perilous Trade forum. Traders just chose to not use it.
If you do not use it ... you lose it. Please live with it.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

I recommend increasing the number of threads per page. *nods* 40 is a good number for Siege. You can do that in your control panel.

I

imported_archite666

hm not a bad idea i guess, but once again, iv been here for like a year, and i believe the majority that voted are probably gone, i think it would be interesting to see what this current populous thinks.

I

imported_mo'gluk

shuddup oomie we nub need stinkin snaga forum... leave dat tu da oomies agh da panzees!!!!!

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

hm not a bad idea i guess, but once again, iv been here for like a year, and i believe the majority that voted are probably gone, i think it would be interesting to see what this current populous thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]
*crazy looking stare*
Yahaxithonix

M

majorwoo

8% of the shard wanted to keep trade only
78% wanted to keep trade/general mixed.

You'd need to have lost an awful lot of the old timers and picked up an awful lot of folks who want a separate trade forum...

G

I like the integrated forums because i go over to like the nappa trade forum (much less populated shard than pac or atlantic etc) and theres only 5 pages of posts for the last few years, you would lose alot of visibility to the shard to because people are only going to go there everyonce in a while to browse or if they need something in particular,

where as on this forum you get full visibility and maybe someone who wasnt looking to buy may end up buying. just my 2 cents (but dont be fooled its really worth a million)

G

<blockquote><hr>

8% of the shard wanted to keep trade only

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one of them...

J

Jakylpops

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote no.

G

Like others said, we tried it and it just didn't fly.

As a buyer, I never looked at the Siege trade forum. Maybe I'm just lazy, who knows.
As a seller, I know that more people are going to see my thread if I post it on the main Siege boards than if I were to post it anywhere else.

I think what it really comes down to is this: Most people who play on Siege are already established here. They already have all the things that they need, and only really purchase things when they see a good deal. These people are not actively looking for things to buy. They aren't scouring the trade forums looking for stuff, but if they see something posted while they are browsing the regular forums they might bid on it.

G

The other BIG problem with the trade board was the rules. Trade posts only, no flaming, derailing or just basic good ole siege nonsence.