• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so whats with ATL factions?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went onto atl the other night, took brit sig out of town, placed it in TB.
came back next day, it was fully cooked, placed it in town.

now TB owns brit.

but i aint seen no CL or anyone else about anywhere.
or any OJs for that matter.

so im guessing that the "epic faction battle" is over?????

if not maybe someone can let me know when its 'active'
and i thought with the new changes that HOT was coming in?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a summary of the past two months. When the event was announced only one guild was sort of doing factions [UZI]. Then they came back much stronger after the announcement. Then [VIP] joined to fight them. [HOT] was slow to join and by the time we did [VIP] decided to leave the shard the day after we did. Then [UZI] switched to SL and there was a huge drama which led to a new person taking over. That person runs [UOMH] which is also [ROTN] in factions. He is only interested in doing champion spawns now. We have tried to fight them a few times but they always run away and have only guarded sigils when [HOT] is not online.

Thus, no one is doing factions right now. There are 4 major guilds ([HOT], [LNR], [UOMH], [VIP]) fighting over champion spawns. [VIP] transfered back after Great Lakes turned out to be a huge waste of time for them. Another guild named [LUB] is apparently coming to Atlantic too now. Faction fighting might pick up depending on how worthwhile the rewards are in this upcoming event. [HOT] will consider joining when they are announced.

As for the Epic Factions event, it is up in the air. They didn't remove the beneficial acts restriction in Trammel which a ton of people are now complaining about. And the sigil guarding timer is being more problematic then I had anticipated. I am also concerned about how people will abuse the Wither spell. Just tonight we were doing fine fighting and then [VIP] runs at us with Wither blazing killing everyone. This spell is so ridiculously overpowered and any group of players who decide to use it will be gaining a huge advantage over those who don't have all necromancers.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why not just kill them before they get to ya?
dont you guys have any tamers or archers or mages?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just kill them before they get to ya?
dont you guys have any tamers or archers or mages?
We have all of that. Statics field hacks + dispel field + wraith form + teleporting + other stuff = on top of you and spamming wither key

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only ones really complaining are the ones that joined factions to benefit from the event. Beneficial Acts should not be changed! That is part of the teamwork in faction. These people only joined factions to gain a reward from the event in moonglow while not putting any effort into the fight for towns in Fel.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does beneficial acts in a facet which you don't even fight help anything? It doesn't and only makes you not want to participate. Some people only have one or two good characters. If they could put them in factions for Felucca PVP and also PVM in Trammel, then they would be happy.

B

Barbosa

mmm.... factions

Im am sooo happy that they FINALY fixed factions. Greatful too.

Hi arabella :)

There was a faction battle? haha you've never seen a faction battle unless you played GL a year ago. NON STOP 24 hours a day for like a year straight. Was good times. Now I see they have fixed the factions maybe it will be more laxed and guild like XV lol could join up.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barbosa!!

That name brings back such memories. ;)

Does this shot bring back any memories for you? (It's from July 5, 2007.)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am not really sure JC has the right of it at all. I came to Atl from Napa - never having beein in factions - at the invitation of a member of Rotn. THe first week I was here there seemed to be some action and some actual fighting over the sigs. For the last several weeks, tho, nothing. We get the sigs, we corrupt them, we put them back, we do it again.

I have been unable to play for the last week due to an unstable internet conn, but its nice to hear that someone did something! The only time I ever see opposing factions is at Yew gate ... and I do not, will not gate fight, especially when it pretty much means that 3-5 stealth archers are gonna pop out and gank me into stat loss. Oh, there was that time that guy from COW stumbled into Despise and RK'd me into stat loss after I died to Barracoon. But then, that was a bad day for me ... a serp had put me into stat loss just 30 mins before ...

JC, you say all UOMH/Rotn wants to do is Champ Spawns. Maybe that is because there isnt a darn thing to do otherwise? Gate fighting is stupid ....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so THATS where you were hidden. Bah...
Yeah, I think I was just about the last person standing, cowering at the thought of what would happen if any of you got a glimpse of me. Feeding frenzy, instant death comes to mind. Everyone wanted some screenies of all of you in purple up on the wall and I just kept trying to inch over closer to get a good shot. (Didn't know I could have done it dead if I viewed myself as a chicken.) Hehe.

We talked about having folks come into base hidden so I could rez them up back in a corner, but I think everyone was laughing too hard over what had just happened (locked out of our own base for goodness' sake!) and honestly, just needed a break. I don't remember who got the sigils out of that deal that day, Minax or SL. LOL I will always remember that though...those were good times.

Are you playing again? I haven't been doing anything much in factions on GL, but have been busy with it on some other shards.

B

Barbosa

Yeah, I think I was just about the last person standing, cowering at the thought of what would happen if any of you got a glimpse of me. Feeding frenzy, instant death comes to mind. Everyone wanted some screenies of all of you in purple up on the wall and I just kept trying to inch over closer to get a good shot. (Didn't know I could have done it dead if I viewed myself as a chicken.) Hehe.

We talked about having folks come into base hidden so I could rez them up back in a corner, but I think everyone was laughing too hard over what had just happened (locked out of our own base for goodness' sake!) and honestly, just needed a break. I don't remember who got the sigils out of that deal that day, Minax or SL. LOL I will always remember that though...those were good times.

Are you playing again? I haven't been doing anything much in factions on GL, but have been busy with it on some other shards.

Maybe :) Not sure what faction to join. However I would like to play with Decker and all of them again, I dont even know what faction they are in I think TB but someone said SL. Gotta get my char up and running I changed him to add anatomy, flip floppin out with axe/kryss (Poison ftw) and Axe is use best weapon skill but cant use my special abilities with newbshido. Great combo tho for DPS and DOT heh

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a summary of the past two months. When the event was announced only one guild was sort of doing factions [UZI]. Then they came back much stronger after the announcement. Then [VIP] joined to fight them. [HOT] was slow to join and by the time we did [VIP] decided to leave the shard the day after we did. Then [UZI] switched to SL and there was a huge drama which led to a new person taking over. That person runs [UOMH] which is also [ROTN] in factions. He is only interested in doing champion spawns now. We have tried to fight them a few times but they always run away and have only guarded sigils when [HOT] is not online.

Thus, no one is doing factions right now. There are 4 major guilds ([HOT], [LNR], [UOMH], [VIP]) fighting over champion spawns. [VIP] transfered back after Great Lakes turned out to be a huge waste of time for them. Another guild named [LUB] is apparently coming to Atlantic too now. Faction fighting might pick up depending on how worthwhile the rewards are in this upcoming event. [HOT] will consider joining when they are announced.

As for the Epic Factions event, it is up in the air. They didn't remove the beneficial acts restriction in Trammel which a ton of people are now complaining about. And the sigil guarding timer is being more problematic then I had anticipated. I am also concerned about how people will abuse the Wither spell. Just tonight we were doing fine fighting and then [VIP] runs at us with Wither blazing killing everyone. This spell is so ridiculously overpowered and any group of players who decide to use it will be gaining a huge advantage over those who don't have all necromancers.
In case you are not familiar with the language of JC. This is what on we on ATL come to know as 'Mortard' talk (Moron+****** = mortard). For those of you who do not understand what JC said let me translate.

UZI is still UZI and there was no Drama, I'm still UZI. I made my own guild to participate in the faction event that turned out to be Rotn (my guild) vs VIP. HOT refused to participate, then when they did join they joined MY faction (yeah Minax is still my faction, im just letting you ******s barrow it). Since they joined our faction, I took my guild to SL (yes the worst faction base). VIP left to go to GL and HOT started actually pvping in factions for a long 3 day span where they got beaten into a hole of humiliation, from which they still have not crawled back from. Rotn still owns factions, VIP just returned from GL but isnt in factions and HOT still hasn't tried to move there motionless corpse that is resting at the bottom of 'the hole of humiliation".
Factions on ATL are like usual, dead because everyone (HOT and LNR and any other no name joe blow guild) on this shard has no balls. They hide from VIP, when VIP leaves they stretch their legs and stick out there chest and now that VIP is back their manhood has shriveled back, deep inside their hips. This is s shard of gutless pvpers who do nothing but contemplate how to fit hiding and stealthing into their templates, hide in there yew gate houses and cry about anything and everything that comes along with pvp.

Factions are Rotn's, there are no competitors and if someone joins factions, which i hear VIP might, Ill come back from GL to fight. The fight will only end up being us and VIP but at least its a fight.

Link stop posting garbage like this dude, seriously. You are either trying to be inaccurate or you seriously are autistic. Neither would surprise me.

Oh, as for UOMH and HOT, our offer still stands. Our 5 best vs your 5 best. No stealthers, no tamers (i know makes it so 90% of your guild can't participate).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left Joy another message today about coming back, applying for the focus group, blah blah. I swear she's going to block my number one of these days, poor lady. I promised myself I wouldn't bug Silk for another month or two because he said he wouldn't even think about coming back until August.

Barbosa, say hi to Berethrain for me. (I don't think that's you, if it is sorry I goofed. Hehe.) Tell him I have lots of granite if he needs to borrow any for when he goes visiting the enemy.

Here's a group screen shot of KDL from last year, taken in the 3D client.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left Joy another message today about coming back, applying for the focus group, blah blah. I swear she's going to block my number one of these days, poor lady. I promised myself I wouldn't bug Silk for another month or two because he said he wouldn't even think about coming back until August.

Barbosa, say hi to Berethrain for me. (I don't think that's you, if it is sorry I goofed. Hehe.) Tell him I have lots of granite if he needs to borrow any for when he goes visiting the enemy.

Here's a group screen shot of KDL from last year, taken in the 3D client.

Thiefz! Stealin my sigs.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Barbosa, welcome back! I figured you would go TB, when i saw you hanging around the castle. I will just have to sneak up on you and give you a cake!!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does beneficial acts in a facet which you don't even fight help anything? It doesn't and only makes you not want to participate. Some people only have one or two good characters. If they could put them in factions for Felucca PVP and also PVM in Trammel, then they would be happy.
I do both JC with my good characters, it may be a small inconvience to get a heal or rez, but it can be done.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How's COM on GL these days? I'm getting homesick for all you guys. But I love to tweak noses too, so I thought maybe COM might be a good place for a nose-tweaking thief, especially one none of you have ever met before!

:p

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How's COM on GL these days? I'm getting homesick for all you guys. But I love to tweak noses too, so I thought maybe COM might be a good place for a nose-tweaking thief, especially one none of you have ever met before!

:p
Opium is COM on GL.

M

Mayadevi

Poo

I join the least popular faction on Atlantic, just so you can come kill me :p

But ya gotta explain to me afterwards just what you did so I can learn, K?

Actually that goes for everyone, LOL, I'm being lame, I know. :lame:

What's the least Popular faction Atlantic ? I gotta join and get blown up :p

Mayadevi

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo

I join the least popular faction on Atlantic, just so you can come kill me :p

But ya gotta explain to me afterwards just what you did so I can learn, K?

Actually that goes for everyone, LOL, I'm being lame, I know. :lame:

What's the least Popular faction Atlantic ? I gotta join and get blown up :p

Mayadevi
The only 2 factions that have any guilds is SL, which is Rotn and COM, which is MTC and eventually VIP will join them again I think. Minax and TB are not occupied by anyone.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, then you, me and tinkz can tag team SO when they have the sigils!
*perks up*

Company coming Gracie? Oh, what fun! Throw in Michel and an elusive Nonel and we could cause some serious trouble... provided we decide we want to let the guys play too. On second thought, you all can cause the trouble, Tinkz is into comedic relief these days... :lol:

M

Mayadevi

The only 2 factions that have any guilds is SL, which is Rotn and COM, which is MTC and eventually VIP will join them again I think. Minax and TB are not occupied by anyone.
Minax and TB are empty ? OK , Cool ! Clueless Factions newbie Maggie Likes purple ! She'll join TB on Atlantic and get blown -up. She's VERY bad at thieving and killing things, but she's REALLY good at getting blown -up :stretcher:

mayadevi (Thinks this'll be like Halloween all over agian ;))