• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Pirates] So what's the trick for plunder beacons?

Ning

Journeyman
I dig beating up pirate ships and merchants and they're quite easy but I just can't make any headway against a beacon. I can usually sail up and get a couple shots off on the crew with grapeshot or spells and before doing much more than negligible damage my ship gets beat down.

I'm using my fisher mage with 110/110 mage/eval. Is there a better toon to use? Tamer maybe? ABC archer with an orc slayer? I've got room for another GM skill on my fisherman, should I add something else?

Obviously there must be a way to solo whack these things but haven't figured it out yet. I'm sure you guys know some mojo that works well. What should I be doing?

Thank you for any advice you have.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
And repond / orc slayer weapons and spellbooks. EV's are a good bet. So are Rising Colossi. Meteor storm and Chain lightning are effective if your SDI is high. I use a thrower mystic with a bane weapon +orc slayer. AI hits for 220+++, and an RC to maximize damage over time. Plus enchant weapon and Elemental Fury. Take out the mages first, then it is cake.