• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So whats rare for Holiday Tokens Items this year?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
k, lets all take a step back!
lets not open the can'o worms that is our collecting and hording obsessions!!!!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I believe theres a blue tree wall art too
Remember seeing it on test center a few weeks ago.
Oh and the birds in cages can be recoloured with natural dye

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe theres a blue tree wall art too
The zig zag one is a blue tree when turned on. They are all grey when turned off.

Holiday Gifts
All veteran characters logging in between Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:01:00 AM GMT-05:00 and Friday, January 3, 2020 11:59:00 PM GMT-05:00 will receive a 2019 Holiday Gift Token.

Tokens can be redeemed for one of the following,

• Holiday Wall Art
    • 1 of 3 random designs
    • Crafted by a glassblower from 1 of 26 random cities through Britannia
  • Dove Cage
    • Plays a sound when used
    • Can be dyed with dyetub, natural, and promo dyes
    • Named for one of 43 species of doves
  • Jolly Holiday Tree
    • House Addon for a large Holiday Tree with a ship moat around it
    • Can be dyed with dyetub, natural, and promotional dyes
    • Named after a Britannian Pirate

I thought THP asked for new box colors and they put them in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There they are. I think that's the only Rare thing.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As if we need another thing to collect off a list of things with 30+ names.

The devs complain about hoarding and then give us things to hoard twice a year...

:facepalm:
Logic.
Why the sour grapes? We asked the devs a long time ago to minimize the items and they made it so that, generally, all gifts start as a single-item token. What's easier than that? Then we have the choice to sell, trade, keep, or toss. They even made it so older gifts can be redeemed for points in clean-up. I mean, I agree with Poo on taking a step back, but I am just kind of mystified. Was there a recent complaint by the devs or something? :p

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why the sour grapes? We asked the devs a long time ago to minimize the items and they made it so that, generally, all gifts start as a single-item token. What's easier than that? Then we have the choice to sell, trade, keep, or toss. They even made it so older gifts can be redeemed for points in clean-up. I mean, I agree with Poo on taking a step back, but I am just kind of mystified. Was there a recent complaint by the devs or something? :p
What would be even easier if they made said tokens stack. AND convert the old deeds to tokens with appropriate names (some of the old gifts didn't say the year - just Deed for Holiday Gift).

This is just my stuff on one shard. Multiply times like 20 shards. If this stuff stacked - it would be like 15 items. K thx.

Heck I'm still waiting for the heritage tokens to stack.

UO Gifts.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think Mesanna would have a stroke if she saw how many I have packed into my houses on GLs... yours are just a drop in the bucket compared to what I have and that's after giving tons away, selling a bunch of them and using tons as deco... and I swore to myself I smack my hands if I ever brought another Heritage token back to GLs...

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i AM a box person (just a bit lol) so any new ones i will be buying no matter what shard they are on feel free to msg me as ill be makin a full set this year as usual (Icq 683696149) thanks!!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i AM a box person (just a bit lol) so any new ones i will be buying no matter what shard they are on feel free to msg me as ill be makin a full set this year as usual (Icq 683696149) thanks!!
Don’t believe u

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ive been fortunate enough to get 2 rare boxes and 4 angel boxes with one account so far.

None have been on the same shard or my home shard however :p

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ive been fortunate enough to get 2 rare boxes and 4 angel boxes with one account so far.

None have been on the same shard or my home shard however :p

Just ask man, someone will move your stuff to your home shard. Lot of helpful people here.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would be even easier if they made said tokens stack. AND convert the old deeds to tokens with appropriate names (some of the old gifts didn't say the year - just Deed for Holiday Gift).

This is just my stuff on one shard. Multiply times like 20 shards. If this stuff stacked - it would be like 15 items. K thx.

Heck I'm still waiting for the heritage tokens to stack.

View attachment 103805
But surely doing that on 20 shards is not the devs fault, yeah? I mean, I know that is how it became--people going cross shard and making characters on every shard, and so forth...but...I mean, it is still a player choice. I'm not saying I wouldn't benefit if they made the changes you are proposing. I have a serious hoarding problem in UO, haha. My hoarding is so bad that I am sometimes unable to play the game because I have too many items on my chars XD and mostly because of the gifts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But surely doing that on 20 shards is not the devs fault, yeah? I mean, I know that is how it became--people going cross shard and making characters on every shard, and so forth...but...I mean, it is still a player choice. I'm not saying I wouldn't benefit if they made the changes you are proposing. I have a serious hoarding problem in UO, haha. My hoarding is so bad that I am sometimes unable to play the game because I have too many items on my chars XD and mostly because of the gifts.
I sometimes can't do things because I have to spend a day or two "cleaning" houses because sometimes especially around this time of year my houses tell me that I can't put that there because it would exceed the secure storage limit of the house... cant put things in the mailbox because that is full and many other issues... and I have had to go to a shard and bring stuff back home because banks were full and backpacks heavy needed to clean that up.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone gotten a New Christmas item this year named after their character?

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone? Has anyone gotten a New Christmas item this year named after their character?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haven't opened a single one of my tokens yet so no...

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Jolly Holiday Tree
  • House Addon for a large Holiday Tree with a ship moat around it
  • Can be dyed with dyetub, natural, and promotional dyes
  • Named after a Britannian Pirate
May I know what dyetub can be used on Jolly trees?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Still no word on the player named items?
when they were on TC, I opened hundreds of them... to get complete list of names.
I didn't get any with my chars names on them.
And I haven't gotten a single one on any production shard.

You can get the wall art with the city names on them.
I know some Governors who like collecting deco with their cities name on them.

And the tree is named after Pirates, which are named after the EM's, PEC and Dev teams real life names

upload_2019-12-29_12-39-40.png

some of the names are just too funny.
looks like my EM partied a lil early for New Years

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They really didn't think about some of the name combinations for pirates.

There were a lot of snickers from both male and female players when I mentioned the name of the pirate I killed, "Fat Fist Sarah". In fact, one of the people that I KNOW is a woman that plays was the first to comment that the pirate must have gotten the nickname from her girlfriend.