• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] So...what should I steal?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing around with the new EC since I can't find my old UOAssist information. Now that I am close to understanding the differences as well as figuring out what type of template I will be running it's time to determine what's worth my time to steal.

Now take into account that I will be playing Siege exclusively, and that foot traffic is minimal, I can't be too picky on the items I choose to make my own (or at least attempt to).

I have been snooping around and see that weapons and armor have really changed from 6 years ago. Jewelry has changed too. What should I be paying attention to when scanning a pouch for items? At some point, I would only steal power and vanq weapons...is their an equivalent today?

I'm sure +15 and +20 skill scrolls still hold some value and can be sold off a vendor fairly cheap.

I know Siege has plenty of crafters running around, so I'm sure there will be recipes that will be hidden away for me to find...are they worth the time? I'm sure most crafters won't chase after me, but what the hell, why not make a few gold for an easy 1 stone item?

Unfortunately, Siege still does have a Siege blessed item, so I guess I can pay attention to what people are blessing to get an idea, but I figured I would come here and ask those of you that are either still playing, or came back earlier than I did...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, are ships still stealable? How about those new large ships? Do they come in a portable model like the old ships did? I know a lot of people on Siege kept them in the bank because they weren't blessed and were easy to steal, but there are a few of my old stomping grounds that people probably still use to launch ships...la

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ships do still come in portable form, however I'm pretty sure they are blessed now.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TheScoundrelRico said:
So...what should I steal?
Someone's Dignity

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone's Dignity
You'd think that by stealing someone's regs or pots that you had done it by the reactions by players over the years. LOL, and one of the primary reasons I've always played a thief...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Install UOAssist, launch it and log in. Then click the '?' - for to find your seed. Go to www.tugsoft.com and click the locate key link. It should then return the information for UOAssist.
I may do that...I do miss my the old client, but the new client does have some nifty features...it may just take some time to get used to them. :) ...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I may do that...I do miss my the old client, but the new client does have some nifty features...it may just take some time to get used to them. :) ...la
Biggest advantage of the new client.. People can't hide things under clutter in packs. The grid view reveals all!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I do like that. I always hated the palyers who would run around with a pack full of robes...then again, I would laugh at those who didn't know how to use them and their pouch or pack would be visible to anyone who tried to shift a robe or two around while snooping them...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My steal list is as follows.

During a fight:

1. Unblessed spellbooks
2. Unblessed runebooks
3. Regs, Pots, Eggs, Petals

Every day business:

1. Anything that looks good
2. If nothing looks good, I'll take whatever they probably need the most at the moment and then sit back and watch the panic ensue.