• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what happened in Last Nights ICE/FIRE Global Event

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
missed it ...was online alas failed to read any info. about it...

sooooo what did i miss in a nutshell??

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Excellent write up.:bowdown: I was sorry i couldn't make it but rl came first. I would have loved to see those dragons.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that each shard was a bit different. On Napa, the Crimson was questioning the pet dragons in the area that they would serve the humans (and elves) and *sniffing* them and whatnot.

I also like that is the write up, Casca led the forces, whereas on other shards there was a Captain.

I

Infiniti

I didn't even know there was such an event or the time at which it was to start. :sad4:

F

Flora Green

I showed up 4 mins late and no one was around. Came back a few mins later, event over. Nice.rolleyes:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We came, we lagged, we endured someone spamming trying to sell the event items :)

(unfortunately the big confrontation got drowned out in a cloud of people who didn't back away)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did what I could for Origin, tho I fear that perhaps the wrong people got the crystals I gave away ... do wish I had had a contact beforehand :(

H

Harb

Having been around for more than a bit, I've got to say this is probably the worst event I have ever participated in. It is very connection driven, even on a high speed connection, you can be completely "left out" of the "goodies," depending on how "high speed" you are relative to others - assuming there are lots of folks participating as they did on our shard. It's even worse when factoring in the large number of "cross-sharders/" young characters. All in all, a very bad showing for the folks behind the curtains. I won't blow it for folks reading, best recommendation is to give it a go regardless, but don't let your hopes get very high. Sorry. To dev, well, you seriously need to get it together, you're tacking up one bad "mark" after the last. I remain a fan of the game, but in nearly 12 years of play, have never been so disappointed. Shame on you.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone shows up at Empath Abbey and spams. Then Casca appears.
Casca: "O HAI GAIZ! LEZ GO TO U KRIPTZ MMKAY"
Everyone gets gated to Yew Crypts.
Casca: "NUTHER G8 GOGOGOGOGO"
Everyone goes through gate at Yew Crypts into one of the usually unused dungeons.
Casca: "LYK LOL DATS ABOOT 27804998234 CREETURZ! U BEST GET KILLIN LOL"
Kill over a thousand monsters for no good reason. Then Casca appears again.
Casca: "Y LUK A CRYZTUL! I M8K KERPOW"
Crystal explodes. Shards everywhere. People run around with scripts picking up as much as possible.
Casca: "BAK 2 TEH ABBEE PLZ"
Everyone goes back to the Empath Abbey.
Casca: "I R AWSUM AMIRITE?"
Various others: "SELLING EVENT CRYSTAL SHARDS 25M OBO"
Crimson dragon named Synak shows up.
Synak: "LOL CASCA U R A N00B I SHUD TOTULEE KLIL U 4 SRSLY"
Casca flees. Random NPC named Fayaxion shows up.
Fayaxion: "O HAI GAIZ PLZ LEEV"
Nobody leaves.
Fayaxion turns into a platinum dragon that is cleverly named "a platinum dragon."
a platinum dragon: "U SUK CRIMMY"
Synak: "NO U SUX WTF"
a platinum dragon: "NO U"
a platinum dragon then inexplicably changes names to Fayaxion again.
Fayaxion: "DATS IT MAN WTF U R DUN SIR"
Synak: "NO IT IS U HOO R TEH DUN"
Fayaxion: "PIKACHU I CHOOS UUUUUUUUU..."
Fayaxion casts a billion spells in 1.2 seconds, lagging everyone to hell and destroying Synax so badly that he doesn't even leave a corpse behind.
Fayaxion: "LOL I WIN....SO U GAIZ TOTULEE NO WUT TEH DEEL IZ NAO AMIRITE?"
Nobody has any idea what the hell is going on.
Fayaxion leaves.

Finis.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Nice Congiac. I will say that there were no doubt script picker-uppers there ... but I managed to get 2 crystals on Atlantic none the less. Now to find someone to trade them to me onto Napa, where I really would like to have them :(

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
besides the absurd claims of scripters picking up items that they would need item ids to pick up with scripts and the poor sports, sounds like I missed a funny one. I wish it was in fel so I could participate.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to tell you this Omnius ... but after the 1st event, the scripters HAD the item IDs they needed.

H

Harb

Cogniac, I don't know which shard you play, but if you don"t play Chessie, your description is disturbingly on target - gees. I hope this didn't happen happen everywhere.

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cogniac, I don't know which shard you play, but if you don"t play Chessie, your description is disturbingly on target - gees. I hope this didn't happen happen everywhere.
Was like that on Legends......The few people selling the event crystals were wearing armor that in no way could have been able to survive let alone get back with the crystals to sell them. rolleyes: Very horrible event :gun:

M

Moonstar

omg Cogniac that was funny!

I managed to grab one broken crystals during the freezy lagg at the breaking of the blood sigil.

I couldnt even see what the dragons were saying or any spells being cast by them.

G

Gwendar-SP

Sure glad I gave up on any uo events - sounds like a bloodbath. I'd just like to get our guard zones back so I can get back to playing.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to have missed it.

Graphics on Platinum Dragons every bit as cool as the Crimsons. Awesome to see what kind of "look" UO is striving for.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol nice Cog, but you forgot how low the offers got as it went on and everyone realized how many shards there would be ;P

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hilarious Cogniac. Mind if I copy this to our guild forums to share the laughs? I'll present them as the Cliff Notes of the Event.

Everyone goes through gate at Yew Crypts into one of the usually unused dungeons.
Crystal explodes. Shards everywhere. People run around with scripts picking up as much as possible.
Nobody leaves.
Fayaxion turns into a platinum dragon that is cleverly named "a platinum dragon."
Fayaxion casts a billion spells in 1.2 seconds, lagging everyone to hell and destroying Synax so badly that he doesn't even leave a corpse behind.
Fayaxion leaves.

Finis.

E

eolsunder

Well I was on Legends. It was a horrible event.

Event started, the "King" ran in, said "i will save you bla bla bla" opened some gates that we went through and into this little dungeon.

Dungeon was filled with demons, ogrelords, poison elementals, Titans, etc. Everyone ran in, EV's went up, necros group withered everything down. Went to the final room where more spawn.

Spawn was wiped out with dragons, EV's, and some area spells. Then we stood around in the room with the big red crystal, it exploded, everyone grabbed what crystal shards were near them.

Went back to yew, couple ancient dragons talked and that was about it. Lasted like 15 minutes tops. We laughed and wondered what people at Luna were already trying to hawk the crystal shards for. Some dope yelling "selling for 20 million!" LOL.

Yes, many who couldn't survive a sneeze got crystals, all they did was hang back behind everyone and when all the foes were dead, they ran into the main room to have their chance to pick up crystals. Pretty much did nothing. I knew what was coming from guild mates checking on other shards, so i was in a corner by myself and picked up 3 shards, which i gave out to guildmates who didn't get anything.

And we griped about how worthless an "event" that was. I mean come on! throw demons and ogre lords at us? Are you kidding? You think those pathetic monsters will last against the item toting characters of today? At least throw ancient wyrms, dark fathers, something challenging!

Nope.. titans, demons.. bla bla bla worthless.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody leaves.
Fayaxion leaves.

Finis.
:lol: :bowdown: :hahaha:

Cog, if it were not for your appalling dress-sense, I would totally want to have your babies.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific:

Everyone standing around outside the Abbey waiting for Casca to show up. Ya know, usual event garb going on.. spamming.. yelling.. people from other servers making chars to try n grab a nice trinket..

Casca shows up, states that the reason for the War of Shadows is/was a big red crystal in the bottom of a cavern.. uhm shure!

People get gated to the cavern, which was filled with ancient liches, balrons.. blood eles.. n some more stuff. The horde fights there way to the center with minimal effort. Then Casca comes, and babbles somthing about it being "the greatest display of power" by any Britannian ruler..

He then raises his staff.. the screen flashes white, and the crystal is broken into a buncha shards that are scattered throughout the center chamber. I managed to grab one by holding CTRL+SHIFT.. (yea thats a nice script right there) but only one =/.

Then everyone is gated back to the Abbey where a Crimson and Platinum drag show up, and some dialogue about killing the humans.

All in all, I thought the event was 'okay.' Not good, not bad.. just okay..

Quite honestly, the best part for me was seeing all the people that didnt get a crystal start crying, whining.. whatever reason why they didnt get some pixel dust.. and start yelling about how lame the events are, complaining that they revolved their entire Sunday around a half-hour event, and seeing the xsharders at Luna trying to sell their shinees for 20mil.

Got greed?

R

Ravahan

besides the absurd claims of scripters picking up items that they would need item ids to pick up with scripts and the poor sports, sounds like I missed a funny one. I wish it was in fel so I could participate.
Yeah, I missed this one too. Didn't see it announced, unfortunatly...

But yeah, I totally love it when people try to claim that if someone beats them in X thing it absolutely has to be an automated script with absolutely nothing to suggest that's the case, in the face of all evidence to the contrary. Here's the problem in this instance; the script would need to be turned on and written before they knew there were going to be items, where they would spawn, or especially (specifically) what they would be.

I'm not one of the types that'll say outright that cheaters don't exist, they do, but I will say you can't blame it all on them. In this case, its more likely the massive lag (either bandwith or CPU related) caused by the stupidly high amount of people that attend EM events or slow reflexes.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:lol: :bowdown: :hahaha:

Cog, if it were not for your appalling dress-sense, I would totally want to have your babies.
Well, it would appear that you are in luck! I already have some babies, and I am selling them for 25m OBO.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate to tell you this Omnius ... but after the 1st event, the scripters HAD the item IDs they needed.
The simple fact that so many people even know the term "item ids" is hilarious. OHHHH but we're not all cheaters!!!!...LOL...Ban the scripters...oh wait, that apparently seems to be Everyone.

M

Mavar

I think it was also intended to further emphasize what a pretender Casca truly is. He just happens to have the fight staff/spell to 'break' the crystal - wonder who gave him that. Bet (s)he had scales!

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The simple fact that so many people even know the term "item ids" is hilarious. OHHHH but we're not all cheaters!!!!...LOL...Ban the scripters...oh wait, that apparently seems to be Everyone.
I agree. You shouldn't know the term item id's unless you clearly use that program. By the way I know "people" (some people) who got the item ID before the event anyway and scripted.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, anyone who plays this game needs to know about cheats whether they use them or not because cheats effect everyone who plays the game

Anyway, item ids and all that aside, Devs just need to do backpack pops rather than floor spawn. Perfect example was the invasion monsters splitting three books/weps to top attackers, which was a bit better than the staves/vorpals in magincia :( but both cases they left spawn on way too long and devalued those items too much. Oh yeah, and the staves STILL DON'T WORK! LOL.

But anyway, next epic event they should just have a big boss that gives everyone on loot list a backpack drop. Ends a lot of drama.

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps this was just a practice run for the new em's, could that be?

The real thing is yet to come!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. You shouldn't know the term item id's unless you clearly use that program. By the way I know "people" (some people) who got the item ID before the event anyway and scripted.
And here lies the flaw in EMs...in people really.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see the program again...but it seems the developers need to consider another type of dispersal if there are leaks like this floating around. (hell, you scripted how many of them? and obviously had the IDs yourself...big leak methinks! :) )