• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So we need a thunter?

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
From in game discussions sounds like we suddenly need a skill that seemingly has been left out to dry for a while now in order to participate in this phase of the arc. Is it worth juggling skills on max chars for this event? Is this content temp or perm and are the rewards worth it or are we just lookin at deco collection? Is this another boring and tedious grind? Dont mean to sound negative but round 1 got old pretty fast and not seeing many threads dedicated to it. I just assume skip this one if its similar to the first part so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You don't NEED one, per se....if you don't want to participate and get the items needed to continue the arc.....I have been very VERY strict about my Tamer...she's a mage tamer..that's it...I even transferred a tamer from Napa to turn into a gargoyle because I refused to change Maharia in any way....my best friend and I used to go T-hunting together all the time but lately he's been pulling 14+ hour shifts at work and I am left all alone ~cries~ LOL

SO..I did the unthinkable...I stoned off Med, resist and Vet! ~yes I cried a little~ and put on Lockpicking, Carto and Mining :/

Yes it's temporary...the items you get from the chests are necessary for the next phase of the arc...and since skills are easily retrieved from soulstones, why not??

I love treasure hunting..it's fun! And once you get the things you need just stone the skills back on and you're good to go!

Only issue I have is that I really REALLY have to be careful not to allow my pet to die because waiting endlessly at the vet for the ~Cohesion~ of your pet to wear off is tedious!

But I have had no issues moving skills around, I think it's worth it.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did some lv 2, 3, 5 maps. There are tiny differences. If you dont have t hunter, you may do lv 1 or 2 only. Just buy carto skill and EV the guardians.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hello, can't answer most of your questions as it is likely that only after this is over will we be able to tell whether it was worth doing, however the one thing i can say is that some of these items seem like they will be needed further down the road. The two candles(one red and one black), as well as the 3 different spell scrolls(Grant Peace, Summon Perihelion, Intervention) are all blessed and labeled "Quest Item". well it's not much but hope that helps.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As i found out, you can get all the drops for this part of the arc from Level 1 maps, you just get 2 drops per map as opposed to say 4 from Level 5 maps.
The difference being, you don't need much skill at all to do the maps, stoning 1 GM skill will give you all the points you need to do the maps with the highest being required to read the map in the first place, i can open the chests with 20 lockpicking (humans can open them with zero skill due to the JoaT) and don't even bother about the traps as Level 1's just tickle not hurt.
Now you may say the 4 is better than 2 and yes you would be right, but i can farm Level 1 maps and the mobs they spawn so much faster than Level 5 maps so you just have to offset.
If you're after other stuff from the chests then yes the higher the better rewards but if you just want the Quest drops then just go for Level 1 maps. ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I HAD to take my GM Mining because I got so tired of digging around for 20 minutes each time :/ lol

I did my first 12 maps without it....the last one? I got SO Frustrated after about 15 minutes of ~You dig and dig but fail to find any treasure~ I went home, stoned off Vet, stoned on mining, recalled back and found it the first try :/

MINING HELPS A LOT! LOL

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As i found out, you can get all the drops for this part of the arc from Level 1 maps, you just get 2 drops per map as opposed to say 4 from Level 5 maps.
Must only be a chance for 4 from level 5, i seem to always only get 2 or 3 from 5's.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just an observation, the biggest advantage of already having a developed thunter is you already have all the map locations marked in runebooks and can jump around pretty fast - guess the long-neglected thunters finally got a little love on part 2

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just an observation, the biggest advantage of already having a developed thunter is you already have all the map locations marked in runebooks and can jump around pretty fast - guess the long-neglected thunters finally got a little love on part 2
Agreed!

My best friend has a lot of spots marked, I'm slowly building up my rune collection though.

LOVE T-Hunters, I am glad they got a little love too!