• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So uh. When did it become legal to name the scripting program?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What the title says... I've seen it in quite a few posts in the last few days.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it became legal when it was clear through the GM'S inaction that the scripts were legal to use.

T

Trebr Drab

it became legal when it was clear through the GM'S inaction that the scripts were legal to use.
They aren't legal, and I know you're not being serious and are frustrated about it, but lets not mislead any newbs that may be here, ok?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They aren't legal, and I know you're not being serious and are frustrated about it, but lets not mislead any newbs that may be here, ok?
Seriously legal to post it or not people shouldn't be tossing the name around freely. It only leads those who are new in the wrong direction.

W

Wallenstein

Straight from the Terms of Service:

(d) Official Service. Ultima Online has been designed by Electronic Arts for play only on the Service. The Software is licensed to you for play on the Service only. Electronic Arts does not grant you a license to use the Software for any other purpose. You agree to play Ultima Online only on the Service and not through any other means. You further agree not to create or provide any other means through which Ultima Online may be played by others - for example, through server emulators. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, including any proprietary communications protocol used by the Software. You acknowledge that you do not have the right to create, publish, distribute, create derivative works from or use any software programs, utilities, applications, emulators or tools derived from or created for Ultima Online unless specifically authorized in writing by Electronic Arts

T

Tazar

Please be aware that Stratics fully supports the policies of EA regarding such scripts and it is a violation of our rules of conduct to post about them here. Such violations can lead to actions against your stratics account.

If you see such a post, please use the notify moderator button!

E

Extra Value Meal

It's similar to Harry Potter and the whole "He who must not be named bit". Everyone knows what it is they're just too afraid to say it.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ask not what Stratics can do for you, but what you can do for Stratics.
In this case - push that mod button...

K

K'torr

Implied consent

Consent that is inferred from signs, actions, or facts, or by inaction or silence.

Someone ought to PM this to EA/Mythic.

B

Beastmaster

I used the "mod" button last week on a post which explicitly described how to use an exploit and I was ignored.

Moderators - you can say what you will, but nothing has changed with Stratics, only certain people are heard.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's similar to Harry Potter and the whole "He who must not be named bit". Everyone knows what it is they're just too afraid to say it.
Funny!!

I am not afraid to say it. If the need ever comes up for me to discuss it. I surely will.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Official Stratics "Under-the-Rug" Policy:

As long as you don't name the problem, it will not exist.

The moment you name it, every single player will instantly begin using it with the singular goal of destroying UO.

Then more people will join UO just so they can also use it and destroy UO.

Then lower species will begin rapidly evolving just so that they can become sentient enough to join UO so they can also use the unnamed program to destroy UO (unless you're of a religious bent, at which point the Hand of God will reach down with some graph paper and a slide rule and design some new sentient species that can immediately join UO and attempt to destroy it with the unnamed program).

Then extraterrestrials will seek out our planet just so they can join UO and use the unnamed thing to destroy it.

All of this just from naming that program, so watch out!

B

butthead owns

well how would people know what not to use if u dont tell them of it comon gimmie a break i post some good question and u send it to rants and a moderatior never even posted on it but let some moron post so dorko post and here it sit with 4 post from moderrators just wake up i swear and answer real post and move these dorko post away or just delete them this is so sad!!!!!!!!!!!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to answer the original poster, it has never been legal but boy do they slip thru the cracks sometimes. :thumbup1:

I have to admit, i only know the names of scripting programs because i frequent these forums.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, "use the mod button" when necessary, ok?
*eyes Beastmaster*
:eyes:

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, "use the mod button" when necessary, ok?
*eyes Beastmaster*
:eyes:
:D

I used the "mod" button last week on a post which explicitly described how to use an exploit and I was ignored.

Moderators - you can say what you will, but nothing has changed with Stratics, only certain people are heard.

Just wanted to say I located Beastmaster's notify. Thanks Beastmaster. If ever any of you notify on something and nothing comes of your notify in a day or two, please email [email protected]

Thanks! :)