• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So uh.. free accounts?

K

Kurox

Hey guys, none of you know me as I haven't ever posted here before.

I just recently found out about TSO having a new free account thing in act, however i'm not sure how to set up my account from way back in the day [[ I had a founder account - quit a few months after that because I just didn't have the money for it considering I was pretty young! ]]

I really just would like to know how abouts I can set my old account up to be free so I can once again enjoy the many treasures tso has to offer!

I really do look forward to knowledgeable posts, it seems like you are a smart bunch of people as opposed to many other forums I visit frequently in which I am constantly disrespected by my fellow humans.

<3

I

imported_Gracie Nito

We haven't really been given any details about how free accounts will work yet. You might want to keep an eye on www.tso-e.com/blog for announcements when the feature comes.

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

Hey guys, none of you know me as I haven't ever posted here before.

I just recently found out about TSO having a new free account thing in act, however i'm not sure how to set up my account from way back in the day [[ I had a founder account - quit a few months after that because I just didn't have the money for it considering I was pretty young! ]]

I really just would like to know how abouts I can set my old account up to be free so I can once again enjoy the many treasures tso has to offer!

I really do look forward to knowledgeable posts, it seems like you are a smart bunch of people as opposed to many other forums I visit frequently in which I am constantly disrespected by my fellow humans.

&lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey welcome back. But you do know that free accounts will have very strict limits?

K

Kurox

<blockquote><hr>

We haven't really been given any details about how free accounts will work yet. You might want to keep an eye on www.tso-e.com/blog for announcements when the feature comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually where I came from

I found the free player thing from there and thought from what I read meant that it would be free before or as of January 30th!
( http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=520)

To whomever mentioned the restrictions - I am clear of them, not positive what they all are necessarily however i'm just really into the fact that i'll be able to use my very loved account again and see how TSO has improved since back in the day. Chances are, it will be just as amazing as the first time I played.

Oh, the dreams I will have which arise from this...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

You might also want to read what it says about free play on the blog
http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=527 here. The developers have mentioned during in game chats at the Community Pub and Town Hall meetings that "free play" accounts will be restricted. They have not given us any details about converting paid subscriptions to a "free play" account at all. Your old account will fall into a "paid subscription" category that would need to be converted. At this time we have not been told it is even possible.

I

imported_fajjaa

I had asked this question at the pub a couple months ago, present accounts will not have access to becoming free accounts, was the final answer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had asked this question at the pub a couple months ago, present accounts will not have access to becoming free accounts, was the final answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I figured, and what seems logical......if you have a previous account then you probably either have gone through the free trial period once, or are a long-time player from before free trials were even offered. If they'd not allowed individuals who were already paid members to obtain free trials but rather just given them a way to pay their 30 day fee and be sent a code, there wouldn't have been the abuse and exploit of them that went on for so many months. Oh well.....hindsight is 20/20.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

With this information, then I would guess the best course of action to take is to play with an upcomming "free account" to visit the game until you are ready to commit to payment. If and when you chose to pay and play that would be the time to reactivate your old account so that you can be credited with any entitlements for days you have already paid on that account.