• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So there is some bugs in the Deceit anti-AFK coding. Or are there?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With everything that is being said about the anti cheat code in Deceit, I feel like I should throw in my experience as it's now happened to me twice now.

As someone who does not use any scripts or goes AFK for periods of time, I don't really have a problem with the code. I don't necessarily agree with their reasoning for using it, but whatever, it won't affect me. At least, it shouldn't. Plus I play on a dead shard.

The first time was two days ago, while using a glory pot and grinding through an hour of farming. It happened during a fight with a paragon poison ellie. I normally don't have too much of a problem with these, but once I got this one to about 10% health, I suddenly stopped being able to damage him. No matter what I did, I could not harm him anymore. I wasted way too much time running away to heal only to find that no matter how often I came back, he couldn't be harmed. I could still leech from the surrounding mobs when they spawned, but the fight with him was futile. I ran off and continued fighting elsewhere. I figured it was a bug.

The second time was just a half hour ago. I'd only just logged into the game 10 minutes prior and while running around the dungeon to feel out if it was worth it burning a glory pot or not, I picked a fight with a regular poison elemental who suddenly couldn't be damaged almost immediately into the start of our fight. Once again, I could damage and leech from everything else, just not him. He's suddenly become invulnerable for no reason. So I went down a level and continued fighting.

This is either a bug or possibly intentional - I can't really figure out which. Randomly making certain monsters invulnerable could work as an anti script code, but then again a bug with their existing code also seems legit.

Either way, annoying.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just happened a 3rd time, another poison ellie (paragon). I'd only been logged in for less than 5 minutes.

Very annoying!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just happened a 3rd time, another poison ellie (paragon). I'd only been logged in for less than 5 minutes.

Very annoying!
What shard? Don't fight any para Rams! :lol: Or a Para sword!

FAKEUSERNAME

Adventurer
This "anti-cheat" update will primarily have a negative impact on average players who are not cheating.
Cheaters with basic technical knowhow are the least likely to be impacted by this.

You're actually more likely to be flagged if you're not cheating.
Bravo Broadsword, great use of time and impeccable customer satisfaction.