• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, PVP Discordance, may be broke

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was on Origin with a guild mate last night, thought we would do a couple trade runs, see if we could pop a Krumpus have us a little of the old fun'o'rama.
we where on a boat sailing off to one of the islands and i was bored and remembered that there was this new pvp disco added, so i dropped a disco on my guild mate.
lasted 4 seconds.
we had a giggle.
then he said.... hey, my skills never came back!
strange.
so i invised.
nothing, skills never came back.
(he is a twink tamer, so like 90 skill and ringed u p to 120)
so i disco myself.... nothing, im 120 real in all skills so no effect.
so i disco him again.... now he is down to 60 skill!!!!!!

so something aint working on the old pvp discordance!

it did reset him when he went and logged out at the inn and logged back in again.

just be ye for warned!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
went and tested it on one of my Twink tamers and it didnt do what my guild mate experienced.
lasted 4 seconds then was gone.

and speaking of..... what does 4 seconds of taking any buff skill get you in pvp?
why does disco not do what it does to mobs?
drop resistances and skills and stays on till you get away or invis, why a totally different disco for pvp and why 4 seconds?
what the heck can you do with 4 seconds of taking away skill buffs?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't so that only item skills are affected
This rework only allows Bards to remove all item skill bonuses from a target player.
More than 4 seconds and repeat 30ths drop would be a bug.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a lame "buff only" 4 second removal that wasn't tested.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it's as you say, looks like skill training is going to be very fast & easy while this is around.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
and speaking of..... what does 4 seconds of taking any buff skill get you in pvp?
while 4 seconds might not seem long, there is nothing to prevent someone from spamming it continuously through the entire fight.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
while 4 seconds might not seem long, there is nothing to prevent someone from spamming it continuously through the entire fight.
You can kill them ya know...

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem... this is not just PVP that is borked, it's affecting PVM too! Was at EM event on Origin on my 120.0 real skills taming and lore character, and he is now stuck with only 80.0 animal lore. After I was discorded by a Satyr, my greater dragon was barking the rest of the event, rapidly dropping to just Very Happy, and even after several pieces of meat would bark negatively to my follow and guard commands. This char has a bracelet with +20 animal lore and +15 vet skill. Tried killing myself to fix this issue. Still pancaked. No GM answering at this time, so beware PVE monsters can affect characters and it is much longer than 4 seconds.

Thank you Poo, skill drop did resolve after returning from logging out at home.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem... this is not just PVP that is borked, it's affecting PVM too! Was at EM event on Origin on my 120.0 real skills taming and lore character, and he is now stuck with only 80.0 animal lore. After I was discorded by a Satyr, my greater dragon was barking the rest of the event, rapidly dropping to just Very Happy, and even after several pieces of meat would bark negatively to my follow and guard commands. This char has a bracelet with +20 animal lore and +15 vet skill. Tried killing myself to fix this issue. Still pancaked. No GM answering at this time, so beware PVE monsters can affect characters and it is much longer than 4 seconds.

Thank you Poo, skill drop did resolve after returning from logging out at home.

Well now you can use the satyr trick with all skills. Just get discorded and be on your merry way. If it stacks like Poo stated you could theoretically put taming at 50 get discorded down to zero and start taming. @Bleak @Mesanna @Kyronix might want to fix this one.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so if i disco'd myself to get my taming down to 0 and went all the way to 120 real by taming rabbits..... would that be a bad thing?

asking for a friend!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so if i disco'd myself to get my taming down to 0 and went all the way to 120 real by taming rabbits..... would that be a bad thing?

asking for a friend!
Yes. Same could be done for any skill. Begging, poisoning, all barding skills ect. Add an alacrity scroll or two and you coul gain legendary aweful fast in any skill.

**No way this goes world wide.... right?!?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Same could be done for any skill. Begging, poisoning, all barding skills ect. Add an alacrity scroll or two and you coul gain legendary aweful fast in any skill.

**No way this goes world wide.... right?!?
Haha, you wanna loose money on that bet?