• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So now what do I do?

• Thread starter SheilaRawr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SheilaRawr

So I waited for the merge...I haven't been around a few days so now I'm finally trying to figure out what to do next. I log into EA land and it shows all my sims there. However...it shows that the 3 sims that lived in AV, FF, and DG aren't able to be used...I don't want to click move, because I'm not trying to lose my house. Is this normal or do I have to do something so I can play them in EA land? I really don't want to lose my property! Thanks for any help!

Sheila Rawr

I

imported_Qute Pi

The new view shows all your sims on your account. The ones you can't play have not been merged into EA Land yet.

You can still use the arrow to scroll over and see any other sims you might have.

I think only DC, IH, MF and JP have been merged. The other cities aren't merged yet. You will be able to use your other sims as soon as they merge.

G

Can you hit the white arrow on the sides to scroll to your EA land sims?

I

imported_MattelMichele

I've been playing a sim in TC3 until my sim from Blazing Falls merges into EA-Land, it serves my addiction and reduces the pain of not knowing how my precious simmus is faring out there is EA LaLa Land

S

SheilaRawr

Ahh thanks, I didn't know that not all the cities have been merged yet. Shows how much I pay attention

And yes, I can scroll over to my EA land sims...

now, if I could ask a quick question for my friend and roomie...

when the thing to select The Sims Online or EA land comes up...hers has no EA land option, and it's not automatically detecting any updates...what can she do?

G

Does it have a selection for TC3?
If so let her select that, then it should update the updater.

I think...

S

SheilaRawr

No, she's not getting any selection pop up at all...it's just sending her straight to sims online, no choices or questions asked. We were thinking it might have to do with the fact that her installation was from an older cd, when I downloaded mine from the website? I'm really clueless on why hers isn't working right.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, she's not getting any selection pop up at all...it's just sending her straight to sims online, no choices or questions asked. We were thinking it might have to do with the fact that her installation was from an older cd, when I downloaded mine from the website? I'm really clueless on why hers isn't working right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok if it was from the older cd I would suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling with the new client. It makes a huge difference in the long run and can save from errors.

the other night the download worked very fast for me but when I tried during the day it was slow... so its iffy.

Let me know if you need the link for the download

S

SheilaRawr

The link would be awesome, just to make sure we've got the right thing!

Thank you so so so so much for your help!

G

No problem

Its rare I actually know the answers to questions.

you can download Here

Make sure before downloading to remove any versions of the sims online from your PC by going to add/remove programs in your control panel

The website might be having some issues at the moment. Which may be linked to the server work they are doing this morning. But the link should be right.

S

SheilaRawr

Yeah, the site is down for now...but hopefully this fixes everything....

Thanks again!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

which icon is she using? TSO.exe or TSOClient.exe?
She should be using TSO.exe, that is how I see the pop up city choice box.

G

<blockquote><hr>

which icon is she using? TSO.exe or TSOClient.exe?
She should be using TSO.exe, that is how I see the pop up city choice box.

[/ QUOTE ]I was just wondering the same thing...

I hope it's not too late and your friend hasn't already uninstalled (and potentially set herself up for Update Hell)! Have your friend verify that she is launching from a shortcut pointing to ...\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe - that will force the updater to update, which will bring up the server selection window.

S

SheilaRawr

Actually, she was using the TSOClient because the TSO.exe wasn't working at all. She'd click it and nothing would happen...so she did uninstall...oh well..hopefully we can get it to work

G

using TSOclient.exe won't get you to the patcher. You have to use TSO.exe in the TSOpatcher folder.

if she's using vista she needs to right click the icon on the desktop and select "run as administrator" everytime or it will start and quit right away.