• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So now that the BOD chages are in, who has actually been hit with the turn in delay?...

G

I haven't noticed one at all in my turn ins. Maybe it's due to the system of pull out of book, hand in to NPC, ask for new deed, click accept on new deed, put new deed in book, pull next deed out of book, turn in, etc, but I haven't seen any delay message so far.

Anyone else?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did not had any problem with the 10 seconds delay. Maybe i'm just slow turning them in and getting a new one before turning another one in.Then again, i'm a real person not a Bot!

G

Same, but I don't think I'm moving all that slow, even having to due the "blaclspace" workaround to turn in the deeds (just a slight reposition of the backpack lets me do that "en route" to the NPC).

Just wondering for all the complaints about it if anyone has even noticed it or not.

I

imported_spiderpig

only hits me when i reject a bod and turn in another bod too fast. Then u get the message that the smith is not interested in it. Usually I accept the bod - drop in bod book then turn in another and have never been hit with the too fast turn in message

G

No problems here. Even when I turned in 58 Smith Iron BODS on the 1st day I didn't notice any delay error msg. I've also turned in 40+ Tailor BODS the other day and again no issues. Guess I'm just slow...

G

I managed to hit it once. I know I'm a little out of practice but I must be a lot slower than I thought I was or else the delay is a lot less than 10 seconds (I'm wondering if its 10 ticks instead of 10 seconds?).

G

You may be right on the ten ticks thing... I believe the ability to turn in is faster than either 5 or 10 seconds.

Either that or it was left out altogether.

G

Haven't tried yet. But you have several steps in your method that I do not have, so I'd turn in faster than you.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed a delay.. but it seems like it's closer to 4-5.. and that is only usually if I am fairly fast (get a BOD not worth filling, cancel, drop another BOD)

G

gothelder

<blockquote><hr>

I have noticed a delay.. but it seems like it's closer to 4-5.. and that is only usually if I am fairly fast (get a BOD not worth filling, cancel, drop another BOD)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you drop them? Regular iron weapon and armor bods can be filled really cheaply by buying the items from the smith, and the Exceptional iron bods are the only point t0 actually keeping the ingots that get mined up. Either way once its a filled bod you can turn it in for a new one. 100 Iron bods will eventually become 100 colored bods given the chance.

K

Kamelbarn

I'm pretty sure it's a 5 second delay. I can't drop them as fast as I used to, I have to wait a second or two. Quite annoying.

S

Smokin

It only happened to me once, I think the timer starts from the moment your drop the bod no the NPC and so since the chances of getting a better bod now are increased we are taking the seconds to read what the bod it more. Thats why we are not getting it. Just my theory.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

I have had no problem with the delay. I dump some bod in my pack and move the new ones to a side pack so they don't get mixed up. By the time I do that I'm more than ready for another turn in. Sure seems like the 10 sec delay doesn't hamper live players.

B

Babble

Would love to see an ea statistics to see if anything has changed at all in handing in bods, scripters or players.

S

sean_lo

I do it legally. I turn in fast. It affects me. I have to count to 5 now whenever i want to turn in a bod.

Now, i watch my "friend" use a script. The script puts all the bods in a book, takes it out, turns it in, puts that in a book. No delay at all. Doesn't affect the scripter.

Summary: The system affects legal players. If anything, it will encourage them to use scripts. Doesn't affect scripters in any way.

G

Why would you drop them? Regular iron weapon and armor bods can be filled really cheaply by buying the items from the smith, and the Exceptional iron bods are the only point t0 actually keeping the ingots that get mined up. Either way once its a filled bod you can turn it in for a new one. 100 Iron bods will eventually become 100 colored bods given the chance.

Agreed, however, one could make the following argument for canceled BODs:

1. Large Weapon BODs
2. Large Iron BOD
3. Iron Platemail BODs (either normal or exceptional due to cost in gold.ingots)

Beyond that I agree.

R

Redrum1

I take outa bunch of bods and put them in a stack in the corner of my backpack, I turn in a bod, get a new one and put the new one in a bod book. I then start the process again. I have not had any issue and the other night I turned in almost 150 bods over an hour or so. I have not really looked through the bods I got back but I got a good amount of colored bods back. And I got a valorite bod, YEA! It was only a shield bod but atleast it was Valorite. It gives me hope for more. hehe!

I

imported_Lustig Als'Holle

<blockquote><hr>

I haven't noticed one at all in my turn ins. Maybe it's due to the system of pull out of book, hand in to NPC, ask for new deed, click accept on new deed, put new deed in book, pull next deed out of book, turn in, etc, but I haven't seen any delay message so far.

Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that if I take several BODs out of a book, stack them in the corner of my pack or in a separate bag, and turn them all in without trying to put the new BODs in a book, I will hit the timer. But otherwise, it hasn't been an issue at all...

G

<blockquote><hr>

1. Large Weapon BODs
2. Large Iron BOD
3. Iron Platemail BODs

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, these are nice to set aside for working up a new smith (or offering for sale as a collection to someone working up a new smith) - I've found it was hard to find a nice collection of normal BODs at the right difficulty levels to keep a young blacksmith going.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All the Iron Plate normal LBODs, Iron Ringmail Exceptional LBODs, and at least 1 Weapon LBOD (Iron fencing 20, if the bod charts are correct - at one time it was the 6-part BODs 20 count instead) have a chance at Powder of Fortifying, and the weapons and plate smalls can be filled from loot and/or purchasing from vendors for WAY less than the ingot cost.

And, on top of this, as Maplestone notes, they can be used for training. My primary smith gained from GM to 120 doing only one thing - FILLING IRON PLATE SMALLS. I kept the BODs, and eventually turned most of them in for their LBOD rewards as the larges became available. In fact, One can use the 3 "polearm" smalls of the 20-count normal fencing BOD to train up to the point where one can start gaining from filling the plate smalls. Even now, with the BOD changes, I'm using the tougher iron weapons and iron plate smalls to train 4 of my BOD runners toward at least 110, if not 120, skill, to increase my influx of colored BODs.