• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Jeremy.....How's It Goin?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I know I'm not alone in being anxious for the crafting changes to pass the test on TC1 and hit the live shards. I was just wondering how things are going on that end and if they're looking good to be rolled out sometime very soon.

I know quite a few of us have been frantically preparing for this, both in raising any skills that needed to be raised, filling Bods to get ready to turn in, and stockpiliing ingots of all colors for filling, along with filling any we already had for runics. I know I've filled every runic Bod I had and turned them in already, along with buying up every cheap runic on every vendor I could find.

So Jeremy.....How's it goin?

G

Given that this patch contains Valentine's Day content, and Valentine's Day is Thursday, I think we can safely say this week is looking good for the patch to go live

I

imported_Coldren

Awesome! Hope you got some rest over the weekend, by the way.

On a side note, please pass my "hats-off" to the devs for putting in these crafting changes (And you too, Wilki, if you're still reading!). I think they're excellent. Little glitches here and there, (DI, Mage Armor bug, etc), but on the whole, outstanding for crafters.

With all the focus so many on the forums seem to be putting into crafting, are there any chances we may start a crafting Focus Group any time in the future?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Given that this patch contains Valentine's Day content, and Valentine's Day is Thursday, I think we can safely say this week is looking good for the patch to go live

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S the kind of news we like to hear.

*realizes that's in 3 days*

I better get back to filling Bods....

I've still got 180k iron ingots to work through.

G

We're talking about a crafting focus group, actually, and our current plan is to do some bug-squishing first - we have a pretty solid list of flat-out bugs to deal with - so that we can approach balance and design changes with a cleaner slate. Not sure of a timeline, it'll probably depend on how many bugs we can fix in the next few pubs.

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

We're talking about a crafting focus group, actually, and our current plan is to do some bug-squishing first - we have a pretty solid list of flat-out bugs to deal with - so that we can approach balance and design changes with a cleaner slate. Not sure of a timeline, it'll probably depend on how many bugs we can fix in the next few pubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

... And there was much rejoicing.

YAAAAY!

[Edit - There.. Finally remembered the Monty Python dialog..]

G

LOL. Cause those other focus groups have worked oh so well....

Care to publish this "pretty solid list of flat-out bugs" beforehand?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

T

tommie

I was messing around with the runics on the Baja shard and found something odd.My tailor is at 120 and has GM Arms Lore. I used a spined runic to check some things out and what I found made no sense to me. I made 5 items and 4 of the items came out with 35 resists total and 40 luck and nothing else.Now if I am not mistaken this is just wrong those 4 items should be the result of using a non-runic kit and 0 Arms Lore is that not correct? The 5th item had 39 total resists and 71 luck.( I was using spined leather)
I am not expecting some uber item from using spined runic but having 4 items come out the way they did isn't right.Is it my RNG or is something messed up I did not want to try with a barbed runic or horned runic after seeing those results.I made these items this past Sunday, like I said I was just messing around because of past experiences with patches and tweaking where one thing is fixed and 2 other things break

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

LOL. Cause those other focus groups have worked oh so well....

[/ QUOTE ]

Strike 1: Focus groups don't always result in immediate, direct action, and they never should. It's a chance for developers to here constructive, focused discussion on a topic, while being able to moderate out frivolous comments and nonconstructive decorum. Much like your statement.

Strike 2: As I understand it, some of the PvP focus group ideas DID make it to publish. So did some of the KR focus group ideas. So there's 2.

Strike 3: ..... Because we all have neural damage.. You're not special

You're OUT!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So you guys are going to bypass publishing to Origin first? Haven't you done this enough times with enough problems? *sigh*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Strike 1: Focus groups don't always result in immediate, direct action, and they never should. It's a chance for developers to here constructive, focused discussion on a topic, while being able to moderate out frivolous comments and noncontructive decorum. Much like your statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the one where I asked for the bug list to be published beforehand?

<blockquote><hr>

Strike 2: As I understand it, some of the PvP focus group ideas DID make it to publish. So did some of the KR focus group ideas. So there's 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as I understand it, many players rejected the PvP changes and the subscriber base is at an all-time-low. Also the majority of the playerbase has declared the KR client to be the worst blunder since UO:3D, so much so that the already announced Stygian Abyss expansion has had to be shelved indefinitely.

Am I understanding correctly?

<blockquote><hr>

Strike 3: ..... Because we all have neural damage.. You're not special

[/ QUOTE ]

But I am. I made Designer Dragon admit he was wrong about Player Justice in a public forum. What did you do?

<blockquote><hr>

You're OUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am. Now I get my $20 a month (oh wait, now sales tax?) of pleasure skewering Uhaul Cheerleaders. And Boy Howdy, is it a target-rich environment.

G

Actually, the PvP patch was the best-received publish of last year, by a clear marging, judging by player reaction in feedback and on the forums.

A

AlanofCats

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So do we start putting together our new systems that will revolutionalize crafting? Or are you looking for tweaks?

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Strike 1: Focus groups don't always result in immediate, direct action, and they never should. It's a chance for developers to here constructive, focused discussion on a topic, while being able to moderate out frivolous comments and noncontructive decorum. Much like your statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the one where I asked for the bug list to be published beforehand?

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT would be the reasonable request. The first glib statement as to the effectiveness of focus groups is your strike.

<blockquote><hr>

And as I understand it, many players rejected the PvP changes and the subscriber base is at an all-time-low. Also the majority of the playerbase has declared the KR client to be the worst blunder since UO:3D, so much so that the already announced Stygian Abyss expansion has had to be shelved indefinitely.

Am I understanding correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Jeremy pointed out, you are not. I haven't seen many posts lately about bokuto (sp?)-wielding gimplates. Even Noxin thinks the changes, on a whole were beneficial - He seems like a very logical person, not prone to knee-jerk reactions.

As for the player base going down, well.. While I do agree, I don't think it was because of PvP changes. And no, KR is not still perfect, and I agree, it could have been done better. But it still CAN get better, and thats the beauty of KR. Weather or not you believe the dev team can pull it off is irrelevant: The KR client, is on every level, **TECHNICALLY** superior with greater flexibility and potential.

How you think they've implemented it is your own OPINION, and you're welcome to it. I don't think it's good for ME yet, but it could be, some day. Just so happens many players feel the same.

<blockquote><hr>

But I am. I made Designer Dragon admit he was wrong about Player Justice in a public forum. What did you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

.. Things.. Crazy unmentionable things... Things that would drive you INSANE were I to put them into print.... And not to mention, insta-ban.

<blockquote><hr>

Yes I am. Now I get my $20 a month (oh wait, now sales tax?) of pleasure skewering Uhaul Cheerleaders. And Boy Howdy, is it a target-rich environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah.. CHEERLEADER??!! ME??!! HAHAHAHAHAHA..

You're right. There is a lot of entertainment to be found on these forums.. Especially if you think I'M a cheerleader for UO. Try reading my history if you don't believe me.

However, I'm rational enough to separate PEOPLE from the issue, so if you think being congenial towards PEOPLE who bother to post here from EA is being a cheerleader, well, you're wrong, but I'll take that set of pom-pom's any day.

C

Connor_Graham

"However, I'm rational enough to separate PEOPLE from the issue, so if you think being congenial towards PEOPLE who bother to post here from EA is being a cheerleader, well, you're wrong, but I'll take that set of pom-pom's any day. "

QFAFT

*quoted for absolute freakiing truth*

I

imported_Anakena

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, the PvP patch was the best-received publish of last year, by a clear marging, judging by player reaction in feedback and on the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good idea would be to watch the faction event (player organized) that will be held on Atlantic. This should give devs confidence in the potential factions had and still have.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, best publish in years! (made it more fun to pvp)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

My characters aren't freezing, but they are rubberbanding AS they walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine as well.

C

Connor_Graham

I get a 1-2 second lockup, but that's about the worst that I've seen. That's been going on as long as I can remember though, so it wasn't the patch that did it. I haven't noticed that it's been any better or worse since the patch was put in.