• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] so, i've never done BOD's

P

peanutbutter

but i just got a house with books full of BOD's and i have a legendary BS... so, i figure i'll do some BOD's.

i looked at the tower of roses BOD chart, but i don't understand it. let me tell you what i know and you can tell me what else i need to know, k? please?

so, i have to have all the small bod's filled to fill a large bod, right?
so, if i get a large bod that calls for 20 each of every piece of chain made exceptional from shadow iron, i have to go find and fill all the small bod's that that would complet that large bod, right?

alright. so, how do i know what reward i will get? like on their chart, it says:
# n Shadow (10+15) (20) gloves = 10 / tools = 90 / dull copper hammer = 100

what does that mean?
does that mean i have to turn in 100 large bod's to get one measly useless DC runic?

is there a better chart or can someone who knows the chart explain it to me?

preciate it

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As to the first question regarding the large deed, yes, you need to get all the smalls that fill that large, fill them up and then combine them with the large deed.

On the rewards list at ToR:
"# n Shadow (10+15) (20) gloves = 10 / tools = 90 / dull copper hammer = 100"
The bolded part from your example above is jsut the percent chance of you getting that reward for that BOD.
Easier way to explain it is like this:

You have a platemail large for 20 normal shadow. Find the shadow in the pic below, drop down through to the (20) in the shadow block...now scan to the right, see that blackish box with the 100 in it? That is the percent chance of getting that reward for that BOD, which by following that line up shows its a Bronze runic hammer.

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As to the first question regarding the large deed, yes, you need to get all the smalls that fill that large, fill them up and then combine them with the large deed.

On the rewards list at ToR:
"# n Shadow (10+15) (20) gloves = 10 / tools = 90 / dull copper hammer = 100"
The bolded part from your example above is jsut the percent chance of you getting that reward for that BOD.
Easier way to explain it is like this:

You have a platemail large for 20 normal shadow. Find the shadow in the pic below, drop down through to the (20) in the shadow block...now scan to the right, see that blackish box with the 100 in it? That is the percent chance of getting that reward for that BOD, which by following that line up shows its a Bronze runic hammer.

I really like that bod chart do you have ones for small bods and exceptional bods ? I would really really really be interested in that...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use the same and could never ask for a better bod utility.
works for tailoring as well!!
will also keep track of your bods for you! (not duplicates though)
yes and combined with uoassist its very easy to import your bods

T

Teeshy

This one works well too =) And also imports from UOAssist

Wish I could find one that would import from a bod book =P

W

Warrior of Time

Tower of roses one shows all the rewards so you don't need to look up the rewards one at a time. I always look at the reward then pick the bods I need to make it. I personally find it more useful than putting a bod in an see what you get.