• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So is UOGuide done with?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been quite some time since anyone has been able to log into UOGuide to edit the wiki. I've tried emailing JC to ask why but there has been no response and no updates to the main page. Anyone close to JC know if this is it? Are we just going to keep it as is and allow no further editing or updates?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been quite some time since anyone has been able to log into UOGuide to edit the wiki. I've tried emailing JC to ask why but there has been no response and no updates to the main page. Anyone close to JC know if this is it? Are we just going to keep it as is and allow no further editing or updates?
I think it is dead...which is so sad as it was (still is, actually) so useful.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I talked to him about it a year ago when the issues started. He said the site suddenly became unstable and very buggy after some forced software updates and he didn’t have the time to fix it. He might’ve turned off new contributions to prevent more issues from being created in the meantime. He also mentioned the site costs more to run than it makes so he doesn’t really have any wiggle room at all to pay for fixes/upgrades, as he’s already throwing money away every year just by letting it exist.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The guy seems he doesn’t wanna let go his project in other hands to be continued. He prefers to let it die. A total non-sense when some would like to continue his work.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk