• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So is there a timeframe for when speedhacks will be adressed?

• Thread starter imported_dukarlo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_dukarlo

Speedhacking has become a norm in pvp since no enforcement of the TOS has taken place for about the last year and a half. PvP has no point since it has become who can run off screen the quickest. How long are we supposed to wait for it to be adressed? The paging system doesnt work half the time and even when it does we simply get canned messages from a gm that may or not be a real person. The devs simply making a short post that says they do not tolerate cheats is obviously just a lot of nonsense. Is there or isnt there going to be something done? And if there actualy is something going to be done how long does EA expect us to wait while were still paying for it to happen?

G

No [censored]. Just a couple days ago i accidentally walked into a Speedhackers Convention at Yew Gate. Had at least 6 Speedhackers chasing me when i was on my Stealth Assasin, one of them did a drive-by Disarm on me when i was trying to get away, which allowed the Archers to pelt the [censored] out of me with Moving Shots from X-Bows...even though X-Bows don't have Moving Shot, only Heavy X-Bows, Repeaters and Composite Bows do. I'm on a 3200 Mhz Comp with 4 Gigs of RAM, Good Video Card, Cable Conn and a Ping of 22-24 on average, there's no way you can legally outrun me, you can match my speed, but not legally go faster than me.

Plus it also amazes me the amount of Mages there are that can instantly re-attempt a Self targeting Heal or Cure spell after they're spell macro was interrupted. With a UO macro or a UOA macro for it, if it gets disrupted you have to hit the macro button twice to get it working again. UO macro looks like this "Cast Spell: Heal, WaitForTarg, TargetSelf", UOA Macro you basically just record casting Heal on yourself. The Mages that are capable of instantly re-attempting to heal/cure with almost no time between the disrupt and the re-attempt are using the Illegal "Alternate" UOA.

G

Maybe the offending parties find going at the speed rate of a normal player boring.

Since that is there response (or lack of response because they never did respond to my retort of there asinine position) is why they use scripts is because they find those tasks boring.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

Actually, it is true that some of these speed programs do indeed make UO more fluid. UO shouldn't run choppy on any system released in the past 5 years, heh. They should fix speedhacking, and smooth out the animation to get rid of all of the jerky motions.

T

Trailer Trash

This is the biggest problem in uo and it seems to get no press!!!!
As much as i love uo it gets harder and harder to log in and get run down day after day by speed hackers!!

I

imported_dexdash

are you kidding theyve implimented the random pause generator since the last patch what more could you want?

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

Plus it also amazes me the amount of Mages there are that can instantly re-attempt a Self targeting Heal or Cure spell after they're spell macro was interrupted. With a UO macro or a UOA macro for it, if it gets disrupted you have to hit the macro button twice to get it working again. UO macro looks like this "Cast Spell: Heal, WaitForTarg, TargetSelf", UOA Macro you basically just record casting Heal on yourself. The Mages that are capable of instantly re-attempting to heal/cure with almost no time between the disrupt and the re-attempt are using the Illegal "Alternate" UOA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Err, lol? Any decent mage wouldn't hard-code a target-self for the reason you state. (And also because those spells might be useful to crossheal guildies.) I manually queue self during small-heal and cure attempts. Interrupt my small heal or cure, and I'll instantly re-cast it too! All without hacks! Amazing.

Don't be so fast to cry "hax", plx. Even if people were using another program which removed the necessity to reset, it really gives them zero advantage as casting how you describe is very much attainable with UOA target queueing.

You are, unfortunately, yet another player who is making an assumption purely because you do not know how to fully exploit legal tools to their maximum potential and anyone seen doing so is obviously "hacking." I suggest doing more research before jumping to any additional conclusions, lest you expose yourself as ignorant. You clearly do not have enough knowledge about mage-based macros to be talking about the subject, let alone be accusing people of things here, mmk?