• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I'm not that artistic....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I figure I might as well post what my house looks like. It's not much in some areas, but it's home....

This is a fairly basic first floor that serves as my vendor area. The bone/corpse containers serve as storage for vendor stocking, and I sometime refer to them as "former attempted shoplifters"...

This is the second floor. The area by the teleporter is tool storage for my miners, with of course the largest room as my crafting area (and home of my smith). The area beyond the screen is my armory, as well as the spartan living quarters for my archer. The bottom room is my outfitting room, with the 4 chests on the floor being from paragon ore eles (and the black box is from a blackrock infected shadow ele).

Floor 3 is probably the most decorated. My tamer Bard has the long room with my T-map & fisher storage for my main characters (that's a statue of Iolo by the bed).
The Left room is that of my Necromancer, of course, with all the things that make a house a home for an evil bas- I mean misunderstood master of the unliving arts...
The Bottom room is the love nest of my Paladin/T-Hunter & Chiv/Mage Fisher. Her best fish and his milestone t-maps are pats of the deco, along with their candles of love, the corresponding valentines, and a midnight snack by the fire. (an added touch is that the honorable swords on the mantle have the same name as the person who provided the original singing voice of the anime character the mage is named for).

The roof is my mini-museum, of my smith's collection of colored and oddball crafting tools/weapons, and event (shard and game-wide) items from the last 4 years on Lake Austin.

Suggestions for dealing with some of the empty space (and how to cover up those swords and chimney sticking through the roof) would be appreciated...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
placement of that chimney is certainly a problem.... did you try setting the fountain in that spot, with the chimney not there, and then resetting the hearth again? I've never attempted this, so don't know whether the fountain hides it or not

and the only suggestion I immediately have is to put some windows in your walls :)

L

Loqucious

That looks very nice and comfortable. Don't feel inadequate with your design, there are simply some designers in this game that are nothing short of genious. Did you ever see that roof that looked like the Mona Lisa? Unbelievable!

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara,

One area that kind of sticks out as "off" to me in your house, is the roof, with the stone tables. The placement with the mismatched edges just looks unfinished to me. You might want to play around with the arrangement a bit, even try some of the chopped table effects combined with half height tiles from the housing tile menu to simulate solid counters since it is a custom house and you can do that.

I tried to make some display shelves in a classic tower using black gozas and decorative boxes (the owner wanted it to look like a club lounge too). It didn't quite turn out how I wanted but the contrast makes items display nicely.

I haven't yet seen a cover up for the hearth top that I am satisfied with...for that reason, I try to put ovens on the roof or in a space with a 2 story ceiling. I do have a hearth on the first floor of my main house but I just dumped a loom over it on the 2nd floor (pic below) and have lived with the eyesore. I am fond of my own "borg cube houses" and feel they can be made inviting, and attractive, and are highly functional for me. Although I appreciate intricate designs, I hate getting stuck in game houses (especially since I play on a shard that is Fel everywhere and you have to shove through people and animal objects), and I also dislike navigating stairs extremely, so I made my own main homes totally convenient to how I play with 3 straightforward teleporters to the upper floors.

I've received some snide comments about my cube homes, but I don't really care...I like them. :thumbup1:

This will teach me to mess with things and then make screenies. I moved the paintings on the floor below and ended up with them poking through my couch, which I didn't notice until much later. :mad:

-Skylark

A

Ashyn

I haven't yet seen a cover up for the hearth top that I am satisfied with...for that reason, I try to put ovens on the roof or in a space with a 2 story ceiling.

-Skylark
This was my solution to the stove chiney cover-up. It took roughly 6 hours of trying everything under the sun to make it work, but I finally got it.

-Ashyn

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ashyn,

Did you post under the user name Boredoms on the old forums? That house with the trademark pink chopped counters looks very familiar. :)

-Skylark

A

Ashyn

Dead give-away, huh? lol Yes - Bordoms is/was me. I replied on the other thread.

A

Azureal

Woah, those counter tops are awesome! The half walls, with the stable door in it (looking like a cupbaord) is fantastic!

But, I gotta ask, pink walls? Or is it my monitor resolution playing up? I didnt even know there were pink walls.

A

Ashyn

Woah, those counter tops are awesome! The half walls, with the stable door in it (looking like a cupbaord) is fantastic!

But, I gotta ask, pink walls? Or is it my monitor resolution playing up? I didnt even know there were pink walls.
Yes, there are pink walls. Unfortunatly, there are no pink floor tiles :sad2:

And thank you - Glad you like them.