• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I made a mistake

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and I realize I am not a home designer.

I had a tower in Malas, and had a bunch of stuff in there from the IDOC day, so I was gonna start decorating the house, but decided, what the heck, let me build a place, so I changed it to a customizable lot.

After hrs of messing with it, I have decided, it is just too much for me at this time, so how do I changed it back to a Tower?

Mac

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me see if I can be of help... however I’ll easily admit house placement drives me totally bonkers. :)

Tips in marking a house for resizing and replacing... use a sextant to mark points of the house for your own notes. I also use common regs to mark corners. These will get moved if you do manage to place the house/plot and change your mind. So, even take a picture and save it in your paintbrush. Helpful. Very helpful.

For the last few years, we have this invisible safety zone where the house owner account can resize the house. (Also go from changing a classic design to a custom plot.) It's a different command, not actually demolishing the house! I honestly wish this house outline would stay in place to help us resize. Anyways... resizing the plot you have plenty of time, however... now or before, house placement tools have timers on them. If memory serves, I think there is an extra room to work on resizing a plot. Placing a plot, changing your mind. I find it best not to commit until you’re dead sure.

So... reversing the process... to put your classic tower back, it's a matter of resizing, not removing the new custom plot and building a new tower.

Yes, you’ll have to move all the stuff out if you really want to be safe. Packies. Lots of packies. And a commodity deed box. hehe I also only do these kinds of things in the very less traveled times of the night. All these hunters running around, you don’t need witnesses or thieves hanging around.

I forget the command by the way... hopefully you didn’t demolish the plot, then you will be looking at several days of waiting ahead.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
re-size counts as a demolish! Be patient if you really want the tower back. Or ask for help in designing something you'd like on the plot. You could test designs on test center till you got one you liked.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way Petra, I had a link to the command to do the resizing... I guess it was the old site (here). You may want to link our friend with the new one. I can never find those things. hehe

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, love... you have no clue the ability I have to loose things, even on websites. Right now, I know I lost a brand new book I ever even got to open, forget read. My house is infested with Nargles and I think they are in the computer as well. They steal my gloves. They loose my graphic files. Always making things a challenge for me. :wall: