• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, I have an idea, to allow an influx of PvP.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since every other reward in UO seems to be related to a point system now, lets make a PvP point system. Here it goes:

You cannot kill the same five players in ANY row for points. You will require a sixth or more, to be able to recieve points from one of the original five.
(This rule is made to take out killing other accounts. Because personally if someone has seven accounts *1 killer + 6 characters to kill* then I fully support them killing accounts. They support EA :-D)

But the points. The points will be used to to put TEMPORARY mods on armor/weapons. Make it, one week seems sufficent. Make it so ANY mod you want can be on your armor or weapon. An example.

Kryss: 30 swing speed increase, 50 fireball, 50 damage increase. The player can decide to add another 50 fireball, or 50 lightning if he wishes. No limits with these extra mods, WE WANT INCENTIVES to PvP.

In essence, the kryss would be: 30 Swing Speed Increase, 100 fireball, 50 damage increase. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, for a week.
This would cost 500 points to get.

How points are spent:
Tier 1 = 100 kills = 20% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 2 = 200 kills = 40% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 3 = 300 kills = 60% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 4 = 400 kills = 80% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 5 = 500 kills = 100% intensity boost on any stat.

In this way, you cannot have a PERMANENT super weapon or armor. Sure, if you make one of those super kryss's I mentioned above, you might be able to rack up 300 kills or so during the course of a LONG week. But, you'll still need to take the time for a total recharge. In essence, BALANCE. Something UO may or may not need in PvP. I personally don't die often enough on a good connection to really know unbalanced templates, and on dialup everyone kills me, so, you get the idea.

How points are distributed:

Normal player killed = 1 point
Tier 1 Player killed = 1 point
Tier 2 Player killed = 2 points
Tier 3 Player killed = 3 points
Tier 4 Player killed = 4 points
Tier 5 Player killed = 5 points.

TIERS ARE ONLY GIVEN IF THE PERSON IS WEARING A POINT ENHANCED PIECE OF WEAPONRY OR ARMOR. The person will also show a bar if the cursor is placed over them, announcing their Tier. Tier 5 will be hunted often, while one might not be so quick to go after a Tier 1 player. Tier 5 players will be balanced because despite their superarmor and superweapons, they will constantly be hunted, and need to have a decent amount of skill to stay alive.

On a last note, points are not given until 3 minutes after a person has ressurected. I really hate rez killing, and this would tone it down, a great deal.

Opinions?

EDIT:
Ok, I did forget to mention no killing guildmates or anyone guilded within the last week, nor anyone allianced. Goron, im gonna be honest with you. I've seen people crossheal. I've never seen an ALL SUPPORT character, and I've virtually lived in fel the last four years. I'm sorry if that is YOUR template mate. But, you make up for the minimum minority of the population mate. I'm dialup, I know how it is to be the minority. Nearly impossible to do paragons without a tamer, and travesty is only possible with 6- people due to lag.

Also, make it so whomever did the MOST damage gets points for the kill. Stealth archers will always be there for the insurance. Theres no fixing that, and it is a legitimate template to use. *The only stealther I've ever owned is my ninja(fencer), just to make sure im not flamed for last comment*

I also just remembered guild wars. You get points. A limit of one per person, because you CAN have MANY wars going at one time. I believe theres an orc clan out there with 187 something wars going on right now. They know the spirit of PvP.

Lastly. Factions. Yes, you get points for being in a faction. What rewards are offered? A title? Cities? You STICK with what works. ITEMS have worked in selling new titles, new dungeons, new events, and even bringing in new people. Its a fact, people love pixels. So please the majority, you can't do more than that.

I

imported_Goron

no.
Kill based points are silly.
it just creates kill stealing and a lack of love for support characters.
Suppose I play a cross healer in my pvp group- I get no points.
Suppose I play a dismounter- I get no points.
Suppose I play a stealth archer- I get all the points because I just wait until someone is low then take the last shot, stealing the kill.

This system is also open for abuse. I have enough accounts that I could farm points off myself.

Also, just to toss something out there:
You do realize there is a kill point system implemented in UO right now as we speak, right? Factions.

G

Would be abused to death no matter what checks you put in place.

I can see it now: Guild messsage, "All to HQ, I need to kill you all to get my kill-stat up!".

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since every other reward in UO seems to be related to a point system now, lets make a PvP point system. Here it goes:

You cannot kill the same five players in ANY row for points. You will require a sixth or more, to be able to recieve points from one of the original five.
(This rule is made to take out killing other accounts. Because personally if someone has seven accounts *1 killer + 6 characters to kill* then I fully support them killing accounts. They support EA :-D)

But the points. The points will be used to to put TEMPORARY mods on armor/weapons. Make it, one week seems sufficent. Make it so ANY mod you want can be on your armor or weapon. An example.

Kryss: 30 swing speed increase, 50 fireball, 50 damage increase. The player can decide to add another 50 fireball, or 50 lightning if he wishes. No limits with these extra mods, WE WANT INCENTIVES to PvP.

In essence, the kryss would be: 30 Swing Speed Increase, 100 fireball, 50 damage increase. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, for a week.
This would cost 500 points to get.

How points are spent:
Tier 1 = 100 kills = 20% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 2 = 200 kills = 40% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 3 = 300 kills = 60% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 4 = 400 kills = 80% intensity boost on any stat
Tier 5 = 500 kills = 100% intensity boost on any stat.

In this way, you cannot have a PERMANENT super weapon or armor. Sure, if you make one of those super kryss's I mentioned above, you might be able to rack up 300 kills or so during the course of a LONG week. But, you'll still need to take the time for a total recharge. In essence, BALANCE. Something UO may or may not need in PvP. I personally don't die often enough on a good connection to really know unbalanced templates, and on dialup everyone kills me, so, you get the idea.

How points are distributed:

Normal player killed = 1 point
Tier 1 Player killed = 1 point
Tier 2 Player killed = 2 points
Tier 3 Player killed = 3 points
Tier 4 Player killed = 4 points
Tier 5 Player killed = 5 points.

TIERS ARE ONLY GIVEN IF THE PERSON IS WEARING A POINT ENHANCED PIECE OF WEAPONRY OR ARMOR. The person will also show a bar if the cursor is placed over them, announcing their Tier. Tier 5 will be hunted often, while one might not be so quick to go after a Tier 1 player. Tier 5 players will be balanced because despite their superarmor and superweapons, they will constantly be hunted, and need to have a decent amount of skill to stay alive.

On a last note, points are not given until 3 minutes after a person has ressurected. I really hate rez killing, and this would tone it down, a great deal.

Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be abused.
My 5 accounts. My buds 5 accounts. His buds 5 accounts. A day of slaying in my house. Etc.

Besides. If you really want an influx of PvP. As always. Fix the hacks.

But get rid of insurance. Nothing like taking everything.

The point of PvP aside a tourny is only to get peoples stuff.

Get rid of insurance and let the killing begin.

But that wont happen.

G

I gotta agree with the other posters here dude. It would be abused so hard core its not even funny.

And your incentive to pvp agasint someone who has that kryss with 30 Swing Speed Increase, 100 fireball, 50 damage increase...well lets just say i wouldnt be all that inclined to attack that guy knowing that Im going to die in two hits.

So no for me as well.

I

imported_Goron

Well, I shoulda mentioned this in my other post but I'll give you an invitation to come try out Siege Perilous. On Siege everytime I kill someone I am rewarded with their equipment. Wearing artifacts? mine now. Those nice jewels: mine. Every single item except one: mine.

Hows that for incentive?

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried siege mate. Wanna know why I didn't like it? A month of playing, no GM skill to show for it. The only thing I liked was my guildmates (Vmp) watching me fight another noob, and rooting for me, after I killed him in snake form. Yes, it was great, and the community is good. But not for me.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Get rid of insurance and let the killing begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you want them to make UO itself again? Surely you jest!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I shoulda mentioned this in my other post but I'll give you an invitation to come try out Siege Perilous. On Siege everytime I kill someone I am rewarded with their equipment. Wearing artifacts? mine now. Those nice jewels: mine. Every single item except one: mine.

Hows that for incentive?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is perfect incentive.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I've tried siege mate. Wanna know why I didn't like it? A month of playing, no GM skill to show for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, if you spend 10 minutes a day on RoT while still playing whatever shard you play now, you will be 6x120 in 2 more months... Thats not a very big time investment... and if that was the only problem you had with siege, then once that time is up you will be happy as a duck in a fresh water pond.

I

imported_Ozymandies

A point system would be good for Order/Chaos. To cut down on abuse, you only get points when you kill someone in the O/C Zone. The zone would be Fel dungeon server I suppose, including T2A.

The enhanced items and stats of this proposal are a bit much, though.

OZ

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

Doesn't matter what bells and whistles they put on - First thing is to get rid of the cheaters.

Seems like a point system with rewards would just encourage folks to kill crafters and undeveloped players.

From what what I've seen on Siege, people who kill others need no incentive. Many will do it just to upset someone elses day. The kill when they can't loot. Kill and trash everything they take even if it is store bought/monster loot junk and tools. On GL I saw folks entice newbies to Fel with offers of a house just so they could kill them. I met one on Siege who was boasting about joining a giuld, getting access to the guild house, then killing the GM in a hard to reach spot and looting the house.

I

imported_Goron

Ok yes, siege is full of griefers and pks and generally mean people, but it also is full of nice people too. Dont be hating. And as for this comment:
<blockquote><hr>

I met one on Siege who was boasting about joining a giuld, getting access to the guild house, then killing the GM in a hard to reach spot and looting the house.

[/ QUOTE ]Who was that? Thats not common and I'd like to point out that even the most bad of siegers would frown upon that... sheesh, why ya gotta be scaring away the fresh kills, i mean meat, i mean recruits.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a better one, undo Renaissance and simply add some dynamic moderating for murderers to prevent any excess.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Ok yes, siege is full of griefers and pks and generally mean people, but it also is full of nice people too. Dont be hating. And as for this comment:
<blockquote><hr>

I met one on Siege who was boasting about joining a giuld, getting access to the guild house, then killing the GM in a hard to reach spot and looting the house.

[/ QUOTE ]Who was that? Thats not common and I'd like to point out that even the most bad of siegers would frown upon that... sheesh, why ya gotta be scaring away the fresh kills, i mean meat, i mean recruits.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a newbie i ran into a few years ago. I can't remember the name and I think he was boasting of his actions on another shard. Having lived on siege for over 6 years I know there are good and bad (sometimes the same person)- mostly good.