• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I have amassed a ton of maps

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
I've gotten a lot of maps from my fisherman and now I want to dig them up. I have a character I intend to be my T-hunter but I feel like my template could use some work. I am considering buying a mythic character token when I get paid so I can speed up things.

So here is the template I have so far,

Magery, Eval, Med, Music, Provo, Lockpicking, and Cartography. I really want to keep music and provocation but I feel like having seven skills is going to severly under power me. What should I do? My music and provo skills aren't very high right now and they seem very hard to gain in too which is one of the reasons I want to use the mythic token.

So what template would you all recomend? I want to be able to handle all the levels of maps I'll find y myself if possible.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember that, as long as the same character decodes and digs the maps, you can have Cartography on to decode, then stone it off and replace it with Lockpicking for the actual dig. And, that GM magery is enough to have Unlock work on the maps from the sea Serpents (the ones from Kraken require 120 skill, IIRC, and level 4 and higher will require Lockpicking).

Even the 7-skill template is sufficient for the level 1 & 2 maps. Level 3s and 4s will be a bit harder, but if you get the provo trained up, you should be able to do them (and finish off single spawn with multiple summons). Level 6 and higher are where the risks start to pile up for mages and bards (like AW & GDs being dispel-happy and slow to die when you don't have anything to provo on them)

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Thanks, I need to figure out a good template then. I do own three soulstones though so that should help.

EDIT: So I talked to some folks in game and they gave me some tips. Please give me feedback on this template.

120 magery, 120 eval,, 120 music, 120 provo, 100 mining, 120 lockpicking which I can soulstone with 100 carto and I guess the rest in Med which only leaves 20 points which isn't a lot. >.< Ughh.

Can I lower mining and still have a easier time finding the chests?

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, I need to figure out a good template then. I do own three soulstones though so that should help.

EDIT: So I talked to some folks in game and they gave me some tips. Please give me feedback on this template.

120 magery, 120 eval,, 120 music, 120 provo, 100 mining, 120 lockpicking which I can soulstone with 100 carto and I guess the rest in Med which only leaves 20 points which isn't a lot. >.< Ughh.

Can I lower mining and still have a easier time finding the chests?
Mysticism with "raise colosus"-spell rocks. You can solo even lvl 7 maps with it!