• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I had an idear...

F

Fangs McWolf

Anyone want to help create a McWolf clan?

I made my black cat (think it was Purple Cat) before coming up with a name for it. Ideas I had tossed around included Kitty McWolf, Black McWolf, Vampire McWolf and a few others.

Talking with a friend, she was coming up with other names to have McWolf on the end. Like Paws McWolf. So that got me thinking, try to get a group of players that can come up with awesome McWolf names and try to form a group of black cats this coming Halloween.

So first, would like ideas for names. Then those who would like to join would have names to choose from.

For those who want to join (more for fun than for being a clan with a plan), some rules do apply.

* Must be a black cat. PREFER shortest possible, but hey, so long as it's a black cat. Shortest possible are the cutest though. :D
* No grieving. If someone is mean to you then yeah go ahead and stink them or whatever. But don't purposely finish a run without all players unless someone is unable to make it. If they are trying, try to help them.
* Be trapless or dropless. More of a heavy encouragement than a rule. Yeah I know some people love to be soundless or lureless or toonupless, but lets be real... Those are the 3 essential tracks and it makes it more difficult if one of those tracks are missing.
* Have a cool McWolf name. Being McWoof or McWoolf or some other variant doesn't count.
* Know how to use DXD to have friends. :)
* Be willing to try to max at least 2 suits within a year. All 4 within 2 years.
* Take randoms along on runs when those randoms need help. (If you are going to factory and a random needs to defeat a factory or a foreman, etc, let them come along if you have room).
* Common sense, fair play, kindness.
* Other rules may apply.

:) Not asking for much, just that anyone who makes a cat to be part of the group to help make the McWolf name a good one.

G

Granjell

Except for the DXD part, I think I could -- I haven't any idea about DXD right now, but McWolf names are popping up - Balto McWolf, Bela McWolf, Boris McWolf, Lon McWolf, Munster McWolf, Gomez McWolf, Pugsley McWolf... need more? need girl McWolves? How about Lily McWolf, Witchie McWolf, Wednesday McWolf, Morticia McWolf, Madeleine McWolf...

sounds like fun!

L

Little Sadie

I'm in! I have a spot open for another toon. I love my black cats.

Y

YoungUn

good luck!
A note tho, I always wished we would have made the McBoo's as McBooo's for the cool Ooo sound.
I'm not playing enough now to join, but don't you have to wait for Oct for the black cats?

F

Fangs McWolf

Except for the DXD part, I think I could -- I haven't any idea about DXD right now, but McWolf names are popping up - Balto McWolf, Bela McWolf, Boris McWolf, Lon McWolf, Munster McWolf, Gomez McWolf, Pugsley McWolf... need more? need girl McWolves? How about Lily McWolf, Witchie McWolf, Wednesday McWolf, Morticia McWolf, Madeleine McWolf...
You mean names that you've thought up or toons with those names?

For the DXD thing, it's really not that hard to set up. Doesn't matter what you pick for a D-name, it'd just make it easier for McWolf's to be able to tp to each other.

good luck!
A note tho, I always wished we would have made the McBoo's as McBooo's for the cool Ooo sound.
I'm not playing enough now to join, but don't you have to wait for Oct for the black cats?
Yeah but why not start planning now. Be nice to get a whole clan ready. :D As for the Owoooo sound, I'm sure that'd get annoying after awhile.

L

Little Sadie

So are you planning on just having this clan be XD friends? I really only use XD because my friends lists are full. XD is kind of a pain since you can only whisper to each other. I wouldn't mind being both XD and SFs. If we are creating these at the same time why can't we exchange SF codes along with XD?

F

Fangs McWolf

So are you planning on just having this clan be XD friends? I really only use XD because my friends lists are full. XD is kind of a pain since you can only whisper to each other. I wouldn't mind being both XD and SFs. If we are creating these at the same time why can't we exchange SF codes along with XD?
The XD thing is just so everyone can be friends with one another. Who each person is SF with is up to them. XD is a pain because of it's flawed limitations, but is a good way to have friends beyond the in-game limit. But like I said, who someone is SF with is up to them. You can be TF and SF with the same people, some of the same, none of the same, etc.

Idea is to conform to some things (kindness for one) but let people be who they are gonna be.

G

Granjell

I thought you asked for suggestions. Those were names I thought up, I've never seen toons with those names. Would Lone Wolf McWolf be able to join the clan??

F

Fangs McWolf

I thought you asked for suggestions. Those were names I thought up, I've never seen toons with those names. Would Lone Wolf McWolf be able to join the clan??
When you said popping up, I didn't know if you meant ideas or in-game. :p

Lone Wolf McWolf (or Lonewolf McWolf) would be an interesting name to have. :D

F

Fangs McWolf

Shouldn't be too hard. When about to make them, people can just say which name they want to use. :)

We could probably even hold a vote for which names seem awesome versus sucky. For example, Purple McWolf would be sucky.

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungUn
good luck!

Yeah but why not start planning now. Be nice to get a whole clan ready. As for the Owoooo sound, I'm sure that'd get annoying after awhile.
You can't create a toon with more than two Os in succession in their name any more.

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure when exactly, but I know it's been atleast a month. When I've tried, it immediately says it's not allowed because of the amount of Os.

F

Fangs McWolf

That's just wrong. That's one of the best things about the game! :cursing:
I just tried it, and it's true. It tells you that you have too many 'o's in the name. You can have 3 or more, just not all in a row. Stinks too.

S

susan4633

try adding w's in my friend created on ivanna meowo or something like that.

L

loadexfa

If I have the time to build another toon I would take Fleas McWolf. ;)

Josh

Shouldn't be too hard. When about to make them, people can just say which name they want to use. :)

We could probably even hold a vote for which names seem awesome versus sucky. For example, Purple McWolf would be sucky.

S

Stubby

OK, i love this idea!! :D I have a black cat, but havent used it and would be happy to start her over again. Created her last halloween.

Ok, Now, I guess I am showing my psuedo-noob frame of mind here or maybe the pain meds have taken over what is left of my brain, but what IS DXD and how does it work? :blushing:

L

LadyMorrigan

Ooo, I like the idear :)

I have a spot ready for another black cat, the body type works well as I already planned on making her that way. I already have a first name or two in mind, but I can easily add McWolf on there. I was going to make her trapless.

DXD is a good idea, especially for a big clan. I know the A.T.T.A. has made use of it with good results.

There is a set of black cats that have an Addam's Family theme, complete with Grandmamma, Morticia, Gomez, etc.

F

Fangs McWolf

Ooo, I like the idear :)

I have a spot ready for another black cat, the body type works well as I already planned on making her that way. I already have a first name or two in mind, but I can easily add McWolf on there. I was going to make her trapless.
What names did you have in mind? :p

DXD is a good idea, especially for a big clan. I know the A.T.T.A. has made use of it with good results.
That's good to hear. Even if it's just a small group, I think it'd work best to help keep the group members together, with the SF thing being option. Someone could be SF with all the McWolf's, or none of them. But still, everyone could TP to one another. Useful for group runs or helping one another out.

There is a set of black cats that have an Addam's Family theme, complete with Grandmamma, Morticia, Gomez, etc.
They've been to a few of the Stratics runs too. I forget but I think they may actually be Stratics members.

L

LadyMorrigan

What names did you have in mind? :p
Due to the struggle of finding a good, unique black cat name and the way some people steal names, I prefer to keep that to myself until the debut. :p

However, I will send you a pm if you insist on knowing because:

1/ I'm sure you won't be making a female cat and you probably won't even like what I have lol and I'll have to either go back to the drawing board or not be a "McWolf"
2/ You're creative enough to come up with your own names even if you were making a girl kitty

But, there are some other names that I can list which other people that are interested in doing this might like, such as:

WOLF NAMES & MEANINGS

Unisex
Quinn: "Cheif; hound/wolf"
Randy: "worthy of admiration"

Male
Conall: "strong as a hound/wolf"
variant...Conallan: "little one who is strong as a hound/wolf"
Conan: "little hound/wolf"
Conner/Connor/Konnor: "hound/wolf-lover"
Faelan/Faolan: "little wolf"
Hemming: Scandinavian name derived from Old Norse hamr, meaning "shape". The name may have originated as a byname for a "shape-shifter" or "werewolf"
Ivailo/Ivaylo: "wolf"
Lope: "wolf"
Lovel/Lovell/Lowell: "little wolf"
Phelan: "little wolf" similar to Faolan [above]
Radulf/Ralf/Ralph/Ralphie/Raoul: "Wise wolf"
Randall/Randell: "shield-wolf"
Rolf/Rollo/Rudy: "famous wolf"
Sandalio: "true wolf"
Ulric: "wolf power"
Wolfram: "wolf-raven"

Female (Sorry, not a big list of these!)
Daciana: "wolf"
Ralphina: "wise wolf"
Velvela: "wolf"

OTHER NAMES & MEANINGS

Unisex
Delaney: "dark challenger"
Carey/Cary: "dark one"
Raz: "secret"

Male
Mauro/Morris: "dark-skinned"
Sullivan: "little dark eyes"
Karayan: "dark"
Amen: "the hidden one"
Haides: "unseen"
Rune: "secret lore"
Velious: "concealed"
Lot: "hidden"
Lorcan: "little fierce one"
Sly: "from the forest"
Enkidu: "lord of the earth" or "lord of the underworld"
Madoc/Maddox: "little fortunate/good one"
Samael: "he who lets his arrows fly" << or pies as the case may be...
Thanatos: "death"
Thor: "thunder"
Mars/Ares: "war"
Mercury: means several things, one of them "mercenary"
Vulcan: "flash" Roman myth name of a god of fire

Female
Monday: "Moon day"
Kamaria: "like the moon"
Aylin: "moon halo"
Nox/Nyx: "night"
Melanie: "black, dark"
Nereza/Nerezza: "darkness"
Becca/Bekka/Beckah/Rebecca: "one who snares or traps" [has other variants and an appropriate name for toons with trap]
Rivka/Reva: see Becca
Calypso/Kalypso: "she that conceals"
Kimi: "secret"
Runa: "secret lore" fem. of Rune
Velia: "concealed" fem. of Velious
Makatza: "untamed; wild" << I like this one, would flow well with McWolf
Mohana: "bewitching"
Alala: "war-like" (personification of the war cry)
Megaera: "to grudge" one of The Furies or Erinyes
Minerva: "intellect"

Note: I can't promise that all of these will be accepted by the Toon Council! I know a good deal of them sound dumb and I was hard pressed to find good male names, but this should give some ideas at least.

That's good to hear. Even if it's just a small group, I think it'd work best to help keep the group members together, with the SF thing being option. Someone could be SF with all the McWolf's, or none of them. But still, everyone could TP to one another. Useful for group runs or helping one another out.
Exactly.

They've been to a few of the Stratics runs too. I forget but I think they may actually be Stratics members.
They're on TTC and I believe at least one of them is an A.T.T.A. member.

M

MissPoodledoodle

I like this idea!!! And I really like the names on the name list! I would like the name Becca off that list. If it's not taken. I can't wait!!!

F

Fangs McWolf

Would prefer names that are either Halloweenish, canine-ish or in some other way cool.

Paws McWolf (idea friend mentioned) is an example.

Not saying "no" to Becca McWolf, just a mention. (Maybe Becca Paws McWolf?)

Heck, we could have a clan and subclan.

Name Subname Clanname.

Becca Paws McWolf, or Becca Howls McWolf or something. :D

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want in on this one. Sounds like fun!

Askal-cya
Luna
Lycaea
Misty
Sangrea
Shadow
Wicca
Wolfrieda

No DXD for those of us outside the US though. :-(

M

MissPoodledoodle

Not saying "no" to Becca McWolf, just a mention. (Maybe Becca Paws McWolf?)
After I thought about it I figured that Becca wasn't such a good name for me to pick for the McWolf. But I do really like some of the other names posted. :thumbup: This is going to be fun...

S

soupandquackers

It could have been a word they didnt recognize so they rejected it. If you keep tyring you may eventually get it, i know many toons that kept trying untill they got a certain name.

K

Kippy

It could have been a word they didnt recognize so they rejected it. If you keep tyring you may eventually get it, i know many toons that kept trying untill they got a certain name.
Toontown will never accept Wicca, since it is a religion.
maybe try a different spelling e.g. Wicka.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Toontown will never accept Wicca, since it is a religion.
maybe try a different spelling e.g. Wicka.
I didn't think about the religion aspect. I was just focused on the halloween creation. Oops!

There are other names around so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

S

soupandquackers

I saw a good name today. It was a mouse named Nye Key Squeakers.