• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] So I GM'd fishing

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And it really wasn't that hard. I fished off of the Buc's Den docks starting from around 80 through to GM. Before that I fished off the New Haven docks.

I've noticed a drastic increase in the number of serpents I fish up since hitting GM. HUGE difference. I fish, then move forward one, repeat. Most of the time, I fish up a serpent before the corpse of the last one has even left the screen. Whereas before hitting GM Fishing, I was pulling up only a few an hour.

Using a Juka King bow (reptile slaying) and a Talisman with +75% damage to Deep Sea Serpents, I'm 3-shotting pretty much every serpent I get.. and that's with just 58 archery/tactics. Wo0t!

In just an hour of fishing I've already gathered up a small cache of nets and MIB's. Good stuff.

Now I need to figure out how I'm going to kill Water Elementals, Krakens, and Leviathans. :)

V

Vertigo

It's fun reaping all the benefits of GM fishing, huh?

Congrats!

J

Jermosh

Eles and Krakens are not that bad. Just do the nets at bucs den. Leviathans are a little harder.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on your grandmaster fishing! Killing water elementals will not be difficult for you. It will become easy once you gm archery. Kraken and leviathans are tougher though. Maybe someone can give you advice on how to kill them with an archer. I use a necro mage and toss the nets from Buc's Den.

C

ColonelKurtz

Uh.... Leviathans are RATHER difficult. You also have the Water Eles, SS, DSS and Krakens that spawn with them too...

J

Jermosh

Uh.... Leviathans are RATHER difficult. You also have the Water Eles, SS, DSS and Krakens that spawn with them too...
Thats why you throw them at Bucs Den, once they come up start running towards the back. Levi is fast and will follow you while the others loose target on you and sit at the front of the docks. If you like you can go up and drop a chain lighting every once and awhile to keep them refreshed till after you are down with Levi, otherwise they will vanish.