• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] So I baited my hook to attract a stone fish ...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and in the next 6 casts I caught 3 great barracuda.

It made me giggle, so I thought I'd share the moment.

B

Beastmaster

You should have watched your line a little closer. See, you were catching stone fish, but the barracuda came along and snapped them up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used up the full can, 88 charges. In all I caught 8 great barrcuda 0 stonefish. I think next time I go through to Papua I'll try fishing with great barracuda bait :D

[edit]
*falls about laughing*

You're never going to believe this, I just this minute caught a 51 stone Stone Fish - with a rod baited to attract a great barracuda![/edit]

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used up the full can, 88 charges. In all I caught 8 great barrcuda 0 stonefish. I think next time I go through to Papua I'll try fishing with great barracuda bait :D

[edit]
*falls about laughing*

You're never going to believe this, I just this minute caught a 51 stone Stone Fish - with a rod baited to attract a great barracuda![/edit]

Perhaps this could be explained looking at the code ?

Like a bug that somehow inverted Great Barracuda and Stone Fish on baits ?

We "think" we are applying a bait for a Stone Fish but infact, the game is applying one for Great Barracuda and vice versa..... Who knows..... Only looking at the code can say it for sure.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No popps, I think it was just the RNG messing with me. I also caught yet another great barracuda shortly after.