• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, has Chessy's EM gone MIA?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No notices for events in Dec... and the month is nearly over.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends EM is only doing one event this month. I believe Messana said they were looking for an EM for Chessy.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last she was on, she said they have the month of December off. Also, another EM was supposed to start in November but we never heard from that one at all. (Chessy was to have 2 Em's. ) The Brit bank got some deco today so I'm guessing that means she was on for a little while at least.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
EM Druska did he first training EM event on Baja and is supposed to be coming to Chessy.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...no idea.
*quickly closes large chest as you see a tied up figure inside squirming*

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, has Aella thrown him in the pit now then? I've only seen up to the end of Season 2.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, Jan 13th, and still nothing from EM SF. No reply on ICQ either.

By the way, did anyone ever hear anything from EM Challenger after that event he did last fall, or did he disappear after just 1 day?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

By the way, did anyone ever hear anything from EM Challenger after that event he did last fall, or did he disappear after just 1 day?
Um, look down a couple threads, the Jan schedule's been out a few days now.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks; I was looking at the uo.com calender, and the only thing showing there for chessie was the end of a monthly fishing contest.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Challenger apparently fell through. There's a different one coming now I think.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ol Chessy running off EMs and active participants in the RP community since 1997.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ol Chessy running off EMs and active participants in the RP community since 1997.
That's not quite fair, we have just run off EM's apparently. Y'all just picked a slow time to join the RP community. No one ran you off, y'all left due to the recently quiet nature of the shard. Not much has been going on since Oz passed. :(

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's not quite fair, we have just run off EM's apparently. Y'all just picked a slow time to join the RP community. No one ran you off, y'all left due to the recently quiet nature of the shard. Not much has been going on since Oz passed. :(
It might have been a over simplification, but we (the PvPers) were not warmly welcomed as I and others had hoped. Would have been much funner for everyone if there wasn't so much hostility involved. Ozog left a huge gap, something we will never be able to fill. I miss that little guy. I miss UO. Just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore. I wish I could find the courage to just close my accts, but I can't. I can't let UO down.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Cotton, you know that new addictions wear off and you will come back to ol' faithful.... someday. It'll happen. We all just can't but help ourselves.

RP does get in the way of my late night drunk talk with tokies on general chat tho.... i'm just not sure i want to give that up.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It might have been a over simplification, but we (the PvPers) were not warmly welcomed as I and others had hoped. Would have been much funner for everyone if there wasn't so much hostility involved. Ozog left a huge gap, something we will never be able to fill. I miss that little guy. I miss UO. Just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore. I wish I could find the courage to just close my accts, but I can't. I can't let UO down.
I thought it was good when I saw you and a couple others run for governor and get involved. I never heard anything about anyone not wanting y'all to RP but I wasn't and still am not on a whole lot. I hope y'all give it another try in the future and hopefully more will be playing and receptive.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been in hibernation (or a sate of depression) since Ozog left. Can't seem to shake it, no matter what I do.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just on the numbers, I think Pacific's had the most EMs. (Ok, this made me curious, so I went and actually counted. :p) Assuming I'm not missing any EMs in The Interest and Event Moderator Programs - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

9. Arirang 1
9. Hokuto 1
9. Mizuho 1
9. Sakura 1
8. Balhae 2
8. Izumo 2
8. Wakoku 2
8. Yamato 2
7. Asuka 3
7. Formosa 3
7. Great Lakes 3
6. Baja 5
6. Drachenfels 5
6. Lake Superior 5
5. Catskills 6
5. Napa Valley 6
4. Chesapeake 7
4. Europa 7
4. Legends 7
4. Oceania 7
4. Siege Perilous 7
4. Sonoma 7
3. Lake Austin 8
3. Origin 8
2. Pacific 12
1. Atlantic 13

There's a couple caveats though... The Japanese shards didn't have EMs until 2011/2013, and several shards like Balhae, Formosa, Arirang, and Siege have had long periods without any EMs. Plus, Chessie's count is bumped by 1 because of our lasted-only-1-event-EM Challenger... Even Atlantic's record for shortest EM time was (I think) 2 days. :p

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
lol, it was more of a joke than a factual statement. But eithercase, we gotta treat them better.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
lol, I know; it just made me curious where we actually stood :p

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You guys be nice to your new one, he did alright last night even if it was a guard zone and the guards would not help ;) I am still working on two article from Wed & Fri. VA appointments kept out of the loop till last night and I hope to post both sometime today

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hope we get an EM that utilizes Stratics, and makes it easier to know about events. All I want to do is know about events! I mean common!