• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So greater dragons pick fights with everything.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was attempting to record me stealth herding a GD and my god they are angry!
Everything and anything we walked past the dragon kept jumping on them and killing it, then we got to a village and it started fighting the whole village! I had to stop because I could not pull it away lol

I think i have my work cut out for me. -______-

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think you just got a particularly feisty one, I used to have a Nightmare like that, it was insane and attacked everything even when quite far away, very hard to control compared to my other Nightmare which was quite easy-going. I know it sounds odd, but often some pets show 'personality' quirks, I always thought it was nice that they were so different! :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would that be Lakeshire? Heidi said:
Deciding my companion might not be too welcome in Lakeshire, I carefully circled around it. The meer probably wouldn’t like his big muddy footprints in the lawn and he might damage the houses with his wings.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think you just got a particularly feisty one, I used to have a Nightmare like that, it was insane and attacked everything even when quite far away, very hard to control compared to my other Nightmare which was quite easy-going. I know it sounds odd, but often some pets show 'personality' quirks, I always thought it was nice that they were so different! :p
Yeah i believe he had anger issues, actually it could have been a she because that was real anger there! :D

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if they caught mad cows disease. This makes me wonder now if you tame a mad cow (the ones that actually aggro) if it has different stats or behaves differently as a tame.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally was! Completely ruined about 15 minutes of footage. :confused:
Heheh. You totally missed why Heidi skirted around Lakeshire. Meer are positive karma, much like unicorns and pixies. They will attack anything with negative karma. It should be avoided by anyone, or anything, with negative karma, including greater dragons. :D 'Heidi' of course knew this and took appropriate action.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL I brought a AW Paragon there once and had a blast looting non stop until a GM appeared and sent the AW away and scolded me about doing such things.
WHAT? Sounds like a totally legit way to play. You didn't lure on a player or anything and herding is a thing. That sounds amazing really.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHAT? Sounds like a totally legit way to play. You didn't lure on a player or anything and herding is a thing. That sounds amazing really.
Well I did lure it there instead of herd it :) But no one else was there initially then someone came in and it whacked them and then whacked them 3-4 more times when they tried to get their body. So I suspect I got reported for luring. That was a long time ago though when there were a lot more players and the GMs were more in number. And paragons were new, That was actually the first AW paragon I had seen and no way I could kill it, so figured I would make it useful :) Long trip to lakeshire with one chasing you. BTW I did draw it off so the person could get their corpse.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't actually herd Ancient Wyrms, and definitely not paragon wyrms. As a rule of thumb you can only herd what can be tamed. The only exception being some champ spawn creatures can be herded - or used to be able to. Not tried that for some years so it may have changed.
Heidi Ninfel (living up to her name -Hidin' in Fel' ) used to herd left over champ spawn around T2A, but now the spawn all disappears when the champ is dead, so that's no longer possible.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't actually herd Ancient Wyrms, and definitely not paragon wyrms. As a rule of thumb you can only herd what can be tamed. The only exception being some champ spawn creatures can be herded - or used to be able to. Not tried that for some years so it may have changed.
Heidi Ninfel (living up to her name -Hidin' in Fel' ) used to herd left over champ spawn around T2A, but now the spawn all disappears when the champ is dead, so that's no longer possible.
I'm still meaning to work up the Oaks spawn in Fel and herd the ki rin over to the City of the Dead Spawn. I once herded the Ki Rin in Ilshenar and led them over to the Valor Champ Spawn but that was a huge pain in the butt! I wonder if the Serpentine Dragnos are now herdable...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still meaning to work up the Oaks spawn in Fel and herd the ki rin over to the City of the Dead Spawn. I once herded the Ki Rin in Ilshenar and led them over to the Valor Champ Spawn but that was a huge pain in the butt! I wonder if the Serpentine Dragnos are now herdable...
They may well be, but where can you herd them to? Not into the dungeon, and I strongly suspect, not through the tunnel towards Mistas either

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They may well be, but where can you herd them to? Not into the dungeon, and I strongly suspect, not through the tunnel towards Mistas either
If you work up the Fel Oaks spawn in the Lost Lands, the City of the Dead isn't too far away. As for Ilshenar, you can herd them through Justice Valley. It is a pain as you basically lead them as far as you can before they start fighting, then head back and reherd the end of the pack and you keep at it until you herd the whole group through. There is also a server line there, but it is probably the easier of the obstacles to deal with.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, unclear quote - I meant the serpentine dragon.

Having thought about it, I went and tested it. Yes it can be herded, no you can't get it out. It won't follow you through the tunnel. I didn't think it would.

Last edited: