• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So far as I can tell...

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A FWW nightmare is out of the question. Unless someone knows a NM spawn in Tokuno I am unaware of.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A FWW nightmare is out of the question. Unless someone knows a NM spawn in Tokuno I am unaware of.
They can't get Bushido or ninja as an active spell but they can get it as a passive by adding something that requires one or both of them.

You won't be able to find a nightmare that has enough points for Chivalry and FWW.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can't get Bushido or ninja as an active spell but they can get it as a passive by adding something that requires one or both of them.

You won't be able to find a nightmare that has enough points for Chivalry and FWW.
Even a pre patched 2slot one?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even a pre patched 2slot one?
With scrolls FWW costs 700 points. Chiv costs 600. So they are pretty expensive.

You could add no HP and not full regens to do it.

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ah-ha. Itll train ninjitsu automatically upon selection of FWW. I get it.

Im just trying different combination pets for different scenarios. What works in one instance may be useless in another. Sometimes I forego scrolls or regens for different things. Doesnt always work but I have made a couple of cool pets. I have tamed/trained/released at least a hundred pets in the last year. It has become a hobby kinda. Thx for help y'all

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok next question. I assume ninjitsu gains are coming from FWW procs and nothing else. So do I need to train it against tougher and tougher mobs or does just constant FWW spam gonna get me there eventually?

Ascalon

Adventurer
FWW is a skill you can pick. It isn't related to needing Bushido for a pet. Are you just wanting to make a different build with new "rare" mares or wanting to try FWW? You can try making a "necromare" which is something unique to nightmares, but it's overly short of points. Another "oddball" build to try with mares is mystic mare. If you want a ridable with FWW another "horse" type to look at is Fire Steed. They have good damage type (fire).

What's the usage you have in mind? Are you only looking at ridables?

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FWW is a skill you can pick. It isn't related to needing Bushido for a pet. Are you just wanting to make a different build with new "rare" mares or wanting to try FWW? You can try making a "necromare" which is something unique to nightmares, but it's overly short of points. Another "oddball" build to try with mares is mystic mare. If you want a ridable with FWW another "horse" type to look at is Fire Steed. They have good damage type (fire).

What's the usage you have in mind? Are you only looking at ridables?
This is a niche pet for a specific task. It will work, albeit less any scrolls or stamina regen. So far it is doing well. I would have done it with a Cu but being human on Siege makes for a difficult time after the loss of a suit. Pads of the Cu are cheap but not something I want to need to replace every death.

I made a necromare out of one of my dread nightmares. Cool template, but way too much randomness in its choice of spellcasting. Have not tried a mystic, nor a mage mastery pet, they are on the list though

Fire steeds are somewhat rare on Siege, you can only get them from the deceit brazier and it spawns a random monster *once* a day. I hit that thing everyday for a year before i got a fire steed lol *edit* it just spawned a troll. Yay

Last edited:

Ascalon

Adventurer
If it's for Siege, I have a vendor where I sell fire steeds for 30k. When I'm playing there, I make it a habit to pull them until my stable is almost full. I cherry pick off the best ones for any builds I do. I've got a prototype of Mysticism/FWW/AI and a couple in the stables that are better than the vendor ones, if you want to meet up. That prototype is kind of interesting. I'm still trying to use mysticism on a pet and exploring/investigating that. I've got a mystic mare I'm training up, but the skill is still too low to see how I like it. Have a tmap hunter cu with mysticism that I really like.

If you're pulling from the brazier on Siege, I'd suggest building an anniversary horse. 3 slots at max level, and you can build them with Poisoning, Bleed, and Armor Ignore. You can probably do the same build with a frenzied, but I just like the colors of the anniversary horses. It's useful for culling nightmares too, since you can still tame a 2 slot nightmare as well. There's an old thread here with unusual/oddball pets posted to it and the build details are there.

I think you can clothing bless the Cu shoes on siege, or do the human to elf quest if you want to switch.

Ascalon

Adventurer
It's the vendor with the blaze dress, white hair, and lantern. Vendor name is "TMap & Ridable Pets". It's near the stable, if you go west from there, it's along that road. There's one on there but I think it was 59 or so rated. My time zone is for the Philippines, and I'm getting ready to go do some stuff with my family today, but if you want to try and meet up, I can transfer over a better one this evening, my time. I'll check back when I get home.

Attachments