• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So did anyone see this tidbit???

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What the timer will do is slow down the script bodder some, that fills their BODs ahead of time.

It will hit the rest of us too, but not as bad (after all, it won't really effect anyone at keyboard that is filling and giving back the BOD they just received, as it will take more than 10 seconds to fill it). Where it will slow down the attended BODder is dealing with pre-filled BODs, and slower isn't really all that bad for me - it gives me more time to LOOK at the new BODs I'm getting, even sort them into books while at the smith. No more accidentally putting a filled BOD back into one of my "unfilled" books (or worse, "garbage BOD to give away" book).

J

Jhym

HE'S CHANGING RUNICS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shall we all gather in Britain and chant to our new god Wilki?

K

Katana of LS

Swept the cobwebs off the forges, re-fired them tonight, and hid my smiths bottles of ale...now to sober him up...where's that coffee!

Thanks Wilki!

L

Lilac Crypt

Oh, and it gets even better! The bod delay is now down to five seconds.

*rejoices, dancing and singing off-key*

For those of you wary of clicking links.. I think I have managed to cut and paste it all.

<font color="purple">

Blacksmith and Tailoring BOD changes *updated Nov 20th*
#7506525 - 11/19/07 09:39 PM (69.236.107.179)
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

As I mentioned in a previous FoF thread, I've made some changes to the BOD system. They're not huge, but it should make things a little more rewarding.

1. Corrected a small error that gave skilled smith's a 45% base chance to get a colored BOD instead of the intended 50% chance.
2. GM Smiths still get a 10% bonus chance for a colored BOD (60% total).
3. Elder Smiths get a 20% bonus chance for a colored BOD (70% total).
4. Legendary Smiths get a 40% bonus chance for a colored BOD (90% total).
5. The chances of getting a valorite BOD (once you've passed the colored BOD test), have been raised substantially.
6. There is also a short delay (5 seconds) between turning in multiple filled BODs.
7. Colored footwear large bods should now be offered.
8. All runic tools have had their intensity ranges changed as follows:
Blacksmithing:
o Dull Copper: 40 - 100
o Shadow: 45 - 100%
o Copper: 50 - 100%
o Bronze: 55 - 100%
o Gold: 60 - 100%
o Agapite: 65 - 100%
o Verite: 70 - 100%
o Valorite: 85 - 100%
Tailoring:
o Spined: 40 - 100%
o Horned: 45 - 100%
o Barbed: 50 -100%

This won't make it into the very next publish, but should be in the one after that.

And to those who celebrate it, have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Edit: Added a few fixes to the end of the list, and changed the delay to 5 seconds.

Edited by Wilki_EA (11/20/07 09:19 PM) </font>

G

Is that right on intensities? any smith/tailor runic can hit 100%? (no mention of fletching/carpentry runics). Thats either gonna raise the price of low end runics or drop the price of the higher end ones.

Rey~

A

Anonomo

Is it just me?!? Since the last patch I have gotten NO colored chain, plate, or ring sbods! If this is just a run of bad luck, I can deal with that, but I am becoming ever frustrated......

J

Jhym

It's pretty much bad luck, Wilki had said he hadn't put in the fix yet.

I noticed it myself, though I've started getting colored ones again so it must have just been the RNG playing with us humans again.

A

Anonomo

well, if it keeps up, im gonna have to start closing bod accounts, if im getting nothing, then theres no reason to keep the accounts alive....

I will give it another week, and see what happens, but im running 8 legends, and 5 gm smiths, i always get at least 1 colored plate, chain, or ring bod per run on bad days....

Funny thing is the day that we got the update, i actually got my first valorite 20 exc plate sbot, lol only took 2 years....

but then nothing since... maybe the rng gods felt that since they gave me the godly sbod, they didnt have to gimme anymore good ones for 2 more years?!?

A

Anonomo

Update:

ok, so after complaining here the gods decided to toss me a bod....

got a 10 normal gold chain sbob this run.

im sure they saw my complaint and tossed it to me just so i wont close my bod accounts.....

*grumbles*

L

Lilac Crypt

The RNG gods looked down and went, "Oh, HIM... pfft. Let's give him a lil something so he'll quit grumbling."

Yer lucky! They ignored me entirely.

J

Jhym

Ooooo be careful there, don't take Hanse's name in vain!!!!

I heard, once, that someone took his name in vain at a drinking contest and for the next fourteen weeks only got helmet bods and Valorite Plate Lbods.

Its TRUE!

A

Anonomo

I reckon the squeaky wheel gets the attention! today, i got 4 shadows, a copper, and a gold! maybe i should grumble more often......

L

Lilac Crypt

As bad as my BoD luck has been lately? Hanse can kiss my... tongs!

And you, oh, squeaky wheel.. don't think I'm not glaring silently at you...

Stupid RNG.. yes, I said it!!

Nanner!

R

Redrum1

Ok, stupid question here, he said that after the Bod color test that it would be easier to get Val bods! What in the world is the coloered bod test?

J

Jhym

Well, there's this dart board thing and "A Mongbat Wilki" that spins it, you are supposed to click on the correct color NAME and you get the color.

<font color="red"> Valorite </font> <font color="green"> Gold </font>
<font color="orange"> Shadow </font> <font color="yellow"> Verite </font>

*snicker*

Ok, just funning you.

He means when they roll up each part of the bod "decision" as to what to get you. So once the 50/50 (or 90/10 for legendary) roll for colored, then there is another to determine what type of color. That's what he means.