• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So about this pit quest situation....

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I really really want to do this but even one is impossible. I had a mage with 120 magery / eval + 100 inscription with sdi 50+ and an Eodon Tribe slayer spell book.

Over two attempts I took 5 hours and never got there. And I have to do the pit JUST TO START THE QUEST CHAIN. Someone said a bug lets you run to the back and kill a shaman at the door for a quick victory. I want this to be true so bad, but last night I killed several at the door and did not get credit. Believe me, I'm going to investigate the bug, because there is NO WAY I'll be killing scores of tribesmen again as it currently stands. I know folks are bummed about increases for non us players in the new store (rightly so), but this quest has dampened my enthusiasm for the new release a lot. All this content added, all the work they put into it, and it is just sitting there unused. In my 5 hours yesterday not a single player came in to the pit. I begged people in GC but no one wants that pain.

Sad face.

@Kyronix please help!
Make sure you are killing mobs on the front lines. If you aren't, you'll get message along the lines of what you just killed being away from the front lines. I'm not sure what tactics you were doing, but 5 hours seems a little long. Even if someone else is fighting for the team you are fighting against at some point someone will win. You can check the status of the battle by double clicking the banners/posts.