• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Snowy roof question

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the process of redecorating my house, and was wondering:

Is there a way to make rooftops look snowy? I live in a snowy valley and the bare rooftops don't look quite right.

Item #2:
Does anyone know of a creative way to make icicles? They would really complete the picture I have in my head.

If not, then I can deal with the tools I have. Would be nice though.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cotton is nice and fluffy and looks great if you scatter it around eaves and in roof crevices, you can buy from weaver I think or go pick your own. I used egg bombs and white pearls to make snowballs before. Hrm, you know someone posted a pic of a house with icicles a while back but I can't remember what they used. Maybe bluish vorpal bunny eggs? Or regular white eggs...

A

Ashyn

I was wondering about the threads...if perhaps those would work as icicles ?

I saw the picture as well - going to go hunt it down.....

-Ashyn

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh, threads. Good idea!

Looks like the icicles might be... wind chimes? I think I can also find a use for crystals from the effusion's dungeon. I also like the cotton smoke.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I might be crazy but what I think they used for the icicles is regular stools made out of special woods then dyed white, and raised up so all you see is the legs. They're too small/close together to be those small tables but the wood stools would probably work. Wow, a tokuno dye charge for each one too. Someone really loves their icicles!

N

Nexia

Hanging under a roof`s edge like in this example the lower ends of windchimes might work, too. MAybe worth a try since the things are kinda cheap to get :)

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the old forum there was a pic of Sarsmi's incredible ski slope roof. Also someone did have a nice representation of icicles around the perimeter of a tower roof I think it was, but I am drawing a blank on what they used.

Maybe someone has pics, since I don't.

-Skylark

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, I know which roof y'all are thinking of, and I *think* it was silver beaded necklaces..... I remember being annoyed at myself for never thinking of it before

I sure hope we get all our old pics back when they transfer stuff to this new format

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ashyn,

That looks like the bottoms of footstools for the icicles or as someone mentioned maybe the bottoms of wind chimes...but how did they get white? Even frostwood stools would not look like that and you can't dye them with the Tokuno Luna White dye.

-Skylark

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

played around on the Japanese sight and got further images of that house.... mystery solved :thumbsup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made the 'golden' necklace in dull copper to represent a string of pearls necklace in the past, would that work?

Can you dye furniture if it's made from special woods the way you can dye the deeds? I've never tried.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made the 'golden' necklace in dull copper to represent a string of pearls necklace in the past, would that work?

Can you dye furniture if it's made from special woods the way you can dye the deeds? I've never tried.
You can, it's pricey but you could do it.

And yeah, those dangly silver necklaces were it I believe. It's all starting to come back to me now! Dull copper would look pretty whitish, or valorite might work in the right situation.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be a pain in the butt, and costly in terms of lockdowns, but I imagine you could also stack silver coins and raise them

:stretcher: <-----carpel tunnel victim

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be a pain in the butt, and costly in terms of lockdowns, but I imagine you could also stack silver coins and raise them

:stretcher: <-----carpel tunnel victim

Well you can do 3-5 coins in a stack and get a nice looking single icicle, downside is you only get one of those per tile which is pretty sparse. Maybe in conjunction with the silver beaded necklace or something similar.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

played around on the Japanese sight and got further images of that house.... mystery solved :thumbsup:
Ah so I was right about the footstools but how did they get white??

Also, the fish stacked with sandals makes an interesting visual effect, just not sure what it is supposed to be.

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Huh, I tried dyeing regular non deeded furniture that was made of a special wood and it didn't work, but since Sarsmi says you can and those footstools are obviously Luna White in the icicle pic...looks like I need to try it again!

On the Japanese shards, they got the opportunity to get more of the dyes via EA store purchase when we did not. :sad2:

-Skylark