• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SNOW!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
is there a way to turn the snow off? I find it rather annoying :-/
Yea I thought it was under account options or something... I haven't been able to figure it out either but I think I remember it being posted back when there were leaves floating around.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
is there a way to turn the snow off? I find it rather annoying :-/
Yes there is....go into your account....click on your name at the top right...then select preferences

1608739765185.png

Under that, check the box that says disable holiday styling

1608739819658.png

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It reminds me of the weather effect in CC. It's one of the requirements I have to have when placing a house, I just love sitting there watching it after coming home from hunting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Finally got some snow last night... it's now sub-zero here... and SOOOO cold... hate it when it gets this cold ... hopefully it won't last long. Drove home from work watched the temp drop from 2 to -1... joy.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally got some snow last night... it's now sub-zero here... and SOOOO cold... hate it when it gets this cold ... hopefully it won't last long. Drove home from work watched the temp drop from 2 to -1... joy.
We had the snow start in October. Temperatures are getting near - 30 with the windchill at nights.:eek:

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here, mana hit! I'm in Galveston, and have only seen snow 3 times in my life!
wow,didnt know it ever snowed in Galveston,,,just north of Beaumont here........every handfull of years we get a little bit,but usually it isnt as much as falling on this site,,,lol,,,,

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Same here, mana hit! I'm in Galveston, and have only seen snow 3 times in my life!
i bet one of those times it was 20 years ago...
I definitely would not want to drive on Sea Wall Blvd.
I bet everything is beautiful though!!!

I visited Galveston a long time ago, but have also lived in Marshall.
And when it snowed there, they said it hadn't snowed in 20 years.
It was only a couple of inches, but it was a good reminder of home (Missouri)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i bet one of those times it was 20 years ago...
I definitely would not want to drive on Sea Wall Blvd.
I bet everything is beautiful though!!!

I visited Galveston a long time ago, but have also lived in Marshall.
And when it snowed there, they said it hadn't snowed in 20 years.
It was only a couple of inches, but it was a good reminder of home (Missouri)
If you like brown water and oil 1 in below the sand. Galveston is great!

Malta

Adventurer
Governor
UNLEASHED
wow,didnt know it ever snowed in Galveston,,,just north of Beaumont here........every handfull of years we get a little bit,but usually it isnt as much as falling on this site,,,lol,,,,
Yes, it snowed on Christmas Eve 2004, after Hurricane Ike in 2008, and again after Hurricane Harvey in 2017.

the-day-it-snowed-in.jpg
galveston snow.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yall get more snow than San Antonio for sure. The city made some this year across the street from the Alamo.

The snow on the palms is interesting.