• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player News Sneaky peeky preview of the new and amazing suit calculator.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone, someone might remember me, and some may not.
A long time ago, i was very active making suit, it was one of the activities in UO that i enjoyed the most.
Any Hu, i created a tool to make suits, Desktop Suit Calculator, hosted on knuckleheads website ( ty gilmor)
However i wasn't super happy about it, it was a bit clunky, so i started a web based version a few weeks later, the prototype was made, relatively fast
and i was quite happy with the result, but then Real life took over, and the project was placed on the one day when i get more time shelve :)

TLDR; i dug the project out of the darkness, last week , and i'm very proud to present a preview for you all to enjoy, it still needs a bit of work before release.

For those interested in helping, i do need a little helper to fill in a ton of the missing "buildinarmor" parts.

Key-features
- Lightning fast cursor movements
- Smart move cursors, copy/paste etc etc.
- Load/save suit locally (no server needed)
- Library of armor parts to pick (very small atm...)
-

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t think they are used much now that we have mannequins.
Mannequins could have been designed to do a lot more. Like adjustable stats to match yours and show you the swing speed ticks with weapon in hand. So it matches your toon.

So you can put the suit on and adjust the stats to see what base stats you will need.

But there are players that love numbers.

Thanks OP.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and there are players that love K.I.S.S.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don’t think they are used much now that we have mannequins.
Another way of looking at it is, do we need mannequins ?
You can just wear the armor, and see the stats ?
The strength with both calculators, is that you can theory craft a suit very quickly from the library of "standard" items/arties, you can even make your own library of parts/arties you have, however this feature is not yet in the new version.
Mannequins is nice to hold an suit, and quick equip/unequip, imho. as a design tool not so much, imagine you want to create a suit where you have to imbue 2-3 parts, and mix and match which arties you need to use, u can switch the arties/part with an click of a button in a calculator, on a mannequin not so much.
Lets not forget the best part, you don't even have to open you favorite UO client to do it, all you need is a browser.