• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Smith Skilll lvl with runic usage

D

Divie

Hey all was just wondering if a smiths skill level has any effect on the properties that a runic hammer will produce other than the chance to make an exceptional item, will a 120 smith with +60 hammer have a chance of better mods than a 110 smith with 60 hammer? Oh and happy new year

I

imported_feath

Does this mean, I can make a smith with 60 skill points, equip him with a +60 runic hammer, and produce the same quality of my legendary smith (120) without any hammer?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Does this mean, I can make a smith with 60 skill points, equip him with a +60 runic hammer, and produce the same quality of my legendary smith (120) without any hammer?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, you can (assuming you mean a +60 Ancient Smithing Hammer rather than a "runic" hammer), but some weapons and armor take higher than 120 skill to always make exceptional.

Also, the ingots required to get from 60 to 120 Smithing would be cheaper to buy than a +60 ASH, and the ASH has limited uses.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

So is there any point in using and ASH if you are already able to make an item 100% of the time?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So is there any point in using and ASH if you are already able to make an item 100% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]If you have a 100% chance to make your desired item exceptional, you should not hold an ASH since it would just be a waste of a charge.

My 120 smith needs to hold a +30 hammer when making some of the ML weapons to guarantee all the results are exceptional.

If he is filling an exceptional Plate BOD, he holds a +15 ASH so he will make almost all exceptional items (Tunics only get up to 99% while also holding my 24/23 talisman). Some might think this is a waste of a hammer since you can just smelt the normal items and remake them, but I have tons of +15 ASH's so I use them for convenience.

He always holds his +60 ASH when trying to enhance an item. He still usually fails, but the ASH does improve his chances.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]If you have a 100% chance to make your desired item exceptional, you should not hold an ASH since it would just be a waste of a charge.

My 120 smith needs to hold a +30 hammer when making some of the ML weapons to guarantee all the results are exceptional.

If he is filling an exceptional Plate BOD, he holds a +15 ASH so he will make almost all exceptional items (Tunics only get up to 99% while also holding my 24/23 talisman). Some might think this is a waste of a hammer since you can just smelt the normal items and remake them, but I have tons of +15 ASH's so I use them for convenience.

He always holds his +60 ASH when trying to enhance an item. He still usually fails, but the ASH does improve his chances.

[/ QUOTE ]
A while back I did a little experiment. It seemed to me that I got better items with a ASH (only had +10 then). I am not too sure if it was just a coincidence or not but it sure seemed to work that way. I was making daggers so didn't need it. Lately I haven't used an ASH as much because more experienced players say what you do and I had a dry run on ASH bods.