• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Slow Loading / Weather Toggle?

F

Fink

Is there a way to turn off rain?

It looks nice but it comes at the oddest times, like inside dungeons and at my Malas house (which never had rain before, ever). *edit* Sometimes it vanishes when I cast something.

---

Also does anyone else have intermittent trouble with maps loading? Rather, the details such as custom houses and mobiles/names. I've had it for a while, but it just cleared for a few days, then came back, but now it seems to be going away again. It's where you run and you stop, load buildings, load mobiles, show names, and then start again.. only to stop again a short while later and load another chunk of the world.

D

DenAlton036

Just a few days ago I was telling my wife I liked living in Malas cause it never rained there, unlike the Tram ice island (which u think would be snow) Then she pointed out that its been raining in Malas non stop since I said that.. Thought it was the meds kicking in. But ty for pointing this out, it is pretty annoying and unneeded.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If I remember right Fink you turn the particle detail down low or medium I believe ! but this will also lower other effects !
We need a option to just turn the weather off/on

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While the way the rain looks is nice, ther DOES need to be a better weather system as a whole in the game... occasional rain is one thing, but in some areas, I'm surprised that the land remains above water with how constant the rain is (my cabin on the north face of Covetous mountain included).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had a house at the bucden portal and it was always raining there! I have since moved the house to ter mer and I don't think it has ever rained there !