• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slow left *pulls into dock*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetins' to ye United Pirates!

I come to you to with no ill will and plenty of merry in a box! I looted a nice crate of jolly pirate ale *winks*

We are looking for good feedback to deliver to our High Seas commanders on changes since Publish 69 and the recent Publish 69.5. Are ye noticing any bugs or quandaries with your ships or fishing? We are looking to provide this information from those in the know with constructive talks.

Do we have an accord?

*cautiously eyes the plank over yonder*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Slow left *pulls into docks*

Well matey, so long as ye brought da rum, I'll share a tale wit' ye!

I cannae say much about fishin', since fishin' from a vessel of war be jus' plain temptin' Neptune's wrath. But I have noticed a pair o' ... well, lets call dem issues, which are far from new.

First off, I have a pirate bindin' pole stuck on me second'ry vessel, da Coral Reefer. I had asked fer da bounty on a dead pirate, an' da dirty bilge rat who installs da poles would put a second one on, but dere be no way to take da first one away without hirin' help from above! (And given that I play 15-30 minutes at a time during odd hours, there's NO way in hell I'm waiting for a GM, so I guess the pole is stuck forever or until I let the ship decay)

Den dere be da issue which I ain' seen wit' me own eyes, but I 'ear folk complainin' bout. Well, I ain' seen it m'self lately. Back when da new ships were first made, I saw it m'self enough ta be quite frustratin'. An' dat be da bloody pirate vessels which shoot me an' do no damage, an' I shoot dems an' do nothin'. At da cost of 1500-2000 gold a shot, dat be an expensive gag!

I gotta stop payin' market value fer me shots.

But like I said. I ain't seen it since before da heavens gave us a sixty eight, let alone a sixty nine. I jus' hear reports (and at about a dozen pirates a week the last three weeks, I figure either I'm due or people are complaining about old issues. I won't discount either conclusion).

An' da plank is only fer if we run outta rum.
(Bah, there be no plank on me Coral Reefer! BLAST!)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bloody 'ell, good brew!

I noticed some strange things. Fer example, sometimes pirate vessels keep shootin' even if dey already are scuttled and da crew is ded.
In some dungeon areas ye cannot fish dungeon fish, but all ye gets is da old fish type. Happened ta me in Shame level 5, fer example.
Also, I heard that a crew's ship suddenly and miraculously went from heavily damaged to fully repaired when da captain crashed and had ta restart. Kinda handy fer the captain, but still not right.

I still think that da use of cannons wastes too much hard-earned salpeter and repairin' needs too many resources, which keeps people from participating in sea battles all across the shards. But dat's a different story.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, I did forget one thing, but it was an isolated incident with probable other causes.

We were out hunting pirate ships, as I'm prone to do lately... when we came across a strange one.

We shot it once.

The ship literally blew to bits from one grapeshot. It looked undamaged before the shot, and afterward, it was scuttled. The crew was still there, the loot was still there, so its unlikely (but not impossible) that someone else did the work before we did.

But as I says. It happened only once, and I've heard no other reports of similar incidents. So we were happy about the savings in ammo costs, and moved on.

Coincidentally, that was the same trip where the pole got stuck to my ship. (but for other reasons. We were hunting with two ships that day... so I likely got the reward and quest completion from the one ship and not the other, leaving no way to complete the quest for my own ship and thus sticking the pole)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah this is very good information, I thank you.

I'll be out and about rounding up more loots to trade for information with ye

If'n you find more issues and update here I'll be sure to check back often.

Happy pirating!