• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Slimes & SC

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it true that having the Spell Channeling mod on your weapon will stop slimes from damaging the weapon's durability so much?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, if you are looking to do the baracoon spawn I'd use a plain weapon SC -1 with hit area for the first two spawns and then swap to a better (hld/hla/SS/whatever instead of SC) for third and fourth level.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Whoa never knew that! I will have to try it. I've just been burning through radiant scimitars. Fortunately this is easy to make:

DI 40
HSL 44
HML 44
HFA 44
Repond Slayer

Then enhance with Bronze.

Does this SC trick work with the grizzles in the Passage of Tears mini-champ?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd add that it might be worth the effort of figuring out the average resist for the first two levels of that spawn and have the hit area match the lowest average.

I do this for all my "level" weapons and it helps alot.